British Speedway Forum

The facts are simple, on the last test Birmingham had 29 pieces of javascript running, 1 person accessing 29 = 29 scripts to load, 200 people accessing 29 = 5800 scripts to load all at the same time. On websites that use huge amounts of script there are a number of servers to balance the load but this eejit has single handedly commandeered the facility. Suspending the Birmingham site resolves every single issue so it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to work it out just a competent webmaster.

Behahaha!

JavaScript is run on time client side not the server side so have pretty much no cost to server resources. Even the biggest JavaScript file will be tiny in comparison to even the smallest of image files so have an irrelevant effect on bandwidth/downloads.

Out of curiosity, what is a "piece of JavaScript"? Is it as much as an apple? Or an orange?

This post will cause more load on a server than some JavaScript files will.

JavaScript crashing servers, heard it all now. That is a barefaced 100% lie. If this is the bullrubbish being fed to the Brummies promotion I'm happy to give my time (as a IT developer) to see what's been said about their website and even have a look at the so called problem script free of charge if they/their web team would like me too. Feel free to PM or email on time address in my profile.

Edit to add a single piece if JavaScript could potentially cause a page to reload over and over so could do some harm but 29 or 290 scripts running as they should would make naff all difference.

Edited by SCB

Wow I have been on trying to load up the Birmingham website and it took 10 minutes to load to which when loaded is very bad there is a pic of a Nokia mobile on there like a 15 year old one lol, If I was a sponsor I would be appalled at such amateur stuff.

• Like 1

Wow I have been on trying to load up the Birmingham website and it took 10 minutes to load to which when loaded is very bad there is a pic of a Nokia mobile on there like a 15 year old one lol, If I was a sponsor I would be appalled at such amateur stuff.

Speedway = Amateur

Speedway = Childish

Speedway gets what it deserves.

No doubt UK Martin and his mouth pieces will be lording it up with Mayor, putting the blame squarely on the shoulders of others for yet another sorry episode with the Brummies website, when the truth of the matter is, that his own technical (in)abilities are the root cause of this and previous problems.

UKM and his mouth pieces weren't lording it up with the Mayor earlier,but I was. :t:

• Like 1

UKM and his mouth pieces weren't lording it up with the Mayor earlier,but I was. :t:

Someone had to seeing co-promoter, captain and team manager decided to give it a miss! ;)

Someone had to seeing co-promoter, captain and team manager decided to give it a miss! ;)

BTW,I've just tried to get on the Brummies website! :oops: Oh dear!!

Chris Luty was engaged in personal matters and Phil Morris was busy with occupational affairs.

Plus I'm sure you'll wish Danny King all the best with his treatment.

The whole event was a truly grand gesture by the Mayor for the table topping Brummies and well attended by the select invited.

What does this mean, please??

Web Server's Default Page

This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel, the leading hosting automation software. You see this page because there is no Web site at this address.

You can do the following:

• Create domains and set up Web hosting using Parallels Plesk Panel.

For more information please contact Administrator.

Last time it meant the site had been suspended because there were 27 visitors to the page, causing global concern to all sorts of websites......

Interesting that it's a different firm and admin behind it this time. Perhaps AP Media have been given the push?

Bextec.co.uk this time is the listed admin David Green, based in Heckmondwike?

• Like 1

Last time it meant the site had been suspended because there were 27 visitors to the page, causing global concern to all sorts of websites......

Interesting that it's a different firm and admin behind it this time. Perhaps AP Media have been given the push?

Bextec.co.uk this time is the listed admin David Green, based in Heckmondwike?

More likely that AP Media and other companies involved became tired of taking the blame, and decided to let the webmaster go it alone.

New website looks cracking by the way..

Didn't think the teams could go it alone but were forced to use a single firm to host the sites in the traditional BSPA fashion of jobs for the boys?

Didn't think the teams could go it alone but were forced to use a single firm to host the sites in the traditional BSPA fashion of jobs for the boys?

Perhaps because it's done on a season by season basis ? Anyway, you know everything about birmingham and their website don't you, so perhaps you can tell me ?

Edited by The Doctor...

Can somebody please clarify for me:-

1. Are all EL websites on the same server(s) with .co/ domain names, as arranged by BSPA/GoSpeed?

2. AP Media were contracted to do the 'corporate design' of all websites?

3. Clubs could contract to use AP Media for additional services (eg press;PR) on a club-by-club basis?

4. Clubs could appoint their own webmaster as required?