British Speedway Forum

Brilliant to see PK prepared to race for us again next season.

The man is just incredible. Many would have retired a long time ago in the same situation.

Peter will always be synonymous with Wolves but hopefully can, in his third season as a hammer, create his own legendary status by bringing the title to the raceway.

Well said, you can probably see why PK is a legend with Wolves fans. Top class.

• Like 1

Lakeside's reserves can now learn and improve from riding with one of the sports best riders. Not only a top rider but also the perfect gentleman.

• Like 2

Lakeside's reserves can now learn and improve from riding with one of the sports best riders. Not only a top rider but also the perfect gentleman.

Very true. And in addition to Lewis Bridger they'll also have Peter Karlsson. :wink:

• Like 2

I think lewis has matured since the birth of his daughter and seems to now have his head screwed on. We all made mistakes when we was in our teens it's just ours were not out for all to see. Think he also does a bit for the lakeside academy.

Lets start with general etiquette.....

In fairness to Lewis I don't think any body could say he his a disruptive team member (Certainly not with Lakeside, I can't speak for Eastbourne), and I don't think anybody could say he is a dangerous rider. I can't remember him being excluded for dangerous riding and I can't remember him even being excluded for being the primary cause of a stoppage, except when his primary chain broke although if he has been it must be very rare. Similarly I doubt whether anyone can remember many (or any) occasions when he has been excluded for tapes infringements. I doubt if anyone can remember him deliberately staying down to get a race stopped. I can remember a couple of occasions when he came to Lakeside with Eastbourne and made big efforts to get his bike off the track after falls. Last season he established himself as a very capable and unselfish team rider.

So if you look at Lewis purely from the point of view of his on track activities he comes out rather better than a number of others including some GP riders and including at least one in Team GB rider.

So al in all Lewis is not an angel, but as purely an entertainer of the public he does his job as well as the next man and better than a lot.

• Like 9

Peter Ljung would be a great signing for someone on his average..

I was saying throughout 2013 Coventry should of signed him. On that average he is a bargain and will clean up as a 2nd string.

• Like 2

Will that mean Richard will ride for Lakeside if there's a fixture clash with Workington now he's their assett?.