British Speedway Forum

Do check out this competition to spend some time with Lewis Bridger http://www.gofundme.com/277bhg

Here the winner from his competition last year, talks about the time she spent with Lewis as her prize;

Had a brilliant evening at Lakeside Hammers vs. Bellevue Aces as Lewis' guest after my competition win in April. Both Lewis and Ian were brilliant hosts and I was well looked after through out my visit. I met Lewis and Ian for tea in the Stadium Cafe and we had a brief chat. Then Lewis took me on a personal track walk and explained a bit about track preparation and how the riders approach a heat. We chatted a bit about speedway in general as well then went to the pits so Lewis could introduce me to his mechanic and talk me through some of the preparations he makes to the bike before a meeting. Lewis then got ready for the meeting whilst Ian and I went to the pit wall to await the start.

After 5 heats I was brought on to the centre green and watched 4 heats from there including the rerun that Lewis won. It was an exciting meeting full of thrills and spills and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. I would like to thank both Lewis and Ian once again for the opportunity and ask all the Lakeside Hammers fans to continue to support Lewis throughout the remainder of the season and beyond.

• Like 1

I wonder if those criticising Bomber on the Coventry thread will have a go at Lewis? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I wonder if those criticising Bomber on the Coventry thread will have a go at Lewis? :rolleyes:

Would you say Lewis, at his level, cant make a decent living as a professional speedway rider ? Just asking...

Would you say Lewis, at his level, cant make a decent living as a professional speedway rider ? Just asking...

I have no idea but it is a form of sponsorship and, like Bomber's page, I don't see anything wrong with it. It was just interesting that Bomber was coming in for a lot of stick when clearly a number of speedway riders are using this as a way of funding their riding (albeit relatively small funding)

• Like 1

I have no idea but it is a form of sponsorship and, like Bomber's page, I don't see anything wrong with it. It was just interesting that Bomber was coming in for a lot of stick when clearly a number of speedway riders are using this as a way of funding their riding (albeit relatively small funding)

No issue with Lewis offering something in return!! As I stated previously, what is Bomber offering? Free admission to a GP of choice?

No issue with Lewis offering something in return!! As I stated previously, what is Bomber offering? Free admission to a GP of choice?

You must have missed the small print Skiddely - free DVD of his heroics in the play-off final on the south coast in 2010!! :wink:

Now that's got to be worth some serious sponsorship :wink:

• Like 4

With the cost of decent equipment and his involvement in the GP series, I don't blame him for being innovative. What I would say however, is that folk who put money in, expect some kind of return (in most cases anyway)

Bridger (who I have criticised in the past for his loutish behaviour both on and off the track) has done the right thing. Perhaps Sky Sports could learn a trick or two from what he did....a track walk??? Surely more interesting than the usual drivel from Charlie....'have you made any changes?' rubbish.....

You must have missed the small print Skiddely - free DVD of his heroics in the play-off final on the south coast in 2010!! :wink:

Now that's got to be worth some serious sponsorship :wink:

That's why I thought Bridger's was more deserving after his heroic efforts to avoid Harris (but failing miserably) in 2010!!! :shock::wink: I guess you'll be amongst the first in the queue to donate then Steve0!!? :wink::D

Edited by Skidder1

With the cost of decent equipment and his involvement in the GP series, I don't blame him for being innovative. What I would say however, is that folk who put money in, expect some kind of return (in most cases anyway)

Bridger (who I have criticised in the past for his loutish behaviour both on and off the track) has done the right thing. Perhaps Sky Sports could learn a trick or two from what he did....a track walk??? Surely more interesting than the usual drivel from Charlie....'have you made any changes?' rubbish.....

Just a quick word of congratulation to Charlie Webster, who I think gets a lot of unfair stick on here. She completed a 250-mile charity run in 7 days, visiting 40 football clubs, yesterday for the 'Women against Domestic Abuse' Charity.

Well done Charlie. :t:

• Like 9

Yep, .not her greatest fan, but credit where its due. Excellent effort. :t:

• Like 1

People bleat on about lack of investment in young riders but there is more going on than a lot of people realise:-

http://www.kentkings.co/news.php?extend.106http://www.kentkings.co/news.php?extend.106

Interesting that the Hammers scratch team will include 3 graduates from the training school. This is the direction Speedway needs to go at grass-roots level.

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/content/?p=6880

This is for the benefit of those who constantly complain about clubs doing nothing to raise the profile of the sport in the local community. I am sure Lakeside are not the only club taking this sort of initiative but these things involve a lot of hard work and its easy for those who are not aware of these things to point the finger and criticise.

• Like 2