British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

Whoever Buster goes with, I just want to see the same 7 riders each week, without hearing this rider or that rider is riding somewhere else on a Wednesday night

That's one thing we have to make absolutely clear to the riders. You commit to 100% of the fixtures or we look elsewhere. Saying that, when Iversen did go missing just how good was it seeing Woffinden racing & team riding as a guest, something rarely seen from our own No'1. He was just sensational as a guest.

Gutted if the Swindon Advertiser is actually right and we only have one protected pick, Busters hard work of having a NL team only equals one pick I think is unfair! Any EL team who have a NL team should have first choice of any of their riders/assets in my opinion.

• Like 1

I would guess Robert will also be at KL.

As long as there are no fixtures before 5th April!!! :wink:

Guess there is nothing to stop Lambert not agreeing to the draft process and signing for a team on a 3.00pt average and riding in their 1-5 (hopefully KL)

I'm sure he knows he's worth more than £40 a point :wink:

Gutted if the Swindon Advertiser is actually right and we only have one protected pick, Busters hard work of having a NL team only equals one pick I think is unfair! Any EL team who have a NL team should have first choice of any of their riders/assets in my opinion.

Its a little unfair i agree but it has to be fair on other clubs too.

If Kings Lynn have 2 riders on the list they really should have both protected. That SHOULD be the same for all clubs who invest in British youth.

• Like 2

Its a little unfair i agree but it has to be fair on other clubs too.

If Kings Lynn have 2 riders on the list they really should have both protected. That SHOULD be the same for all clubs who invest in British youth.

Yup totally agree, as my previous point already said should be fair to all EL team who have young assets but instead it looks like only one asset per EL team is protected. Any way it is what it is nothing can be done about it I personally don't hate the idea, yes I reckon it will weaken the league but I think its after about 2 or 3 years when we should be noticing a bigger difference as riders are developing well. I hope they try and make a big thing of the draft though I am sure we will simply only see a press release the day after, something like streaming it online with someone dread I say it like Pearson making a show of it would be fantastic but I should imagine the fast track draft lacks the finances and resources to make it any thing more than a group of people in a office pointing at paper shouting out names.

Coventry have a NL team but no protected riders in the list

Unfortunately I take it, it's because none are in the 1st ten. But yes as I say if an EL team has young assets then they should be able to have first choice of all of them not just one or even none in your case being protected.

• Like 1

Kerr nailed on then, although I fear we'll miss out on our other young star Rose.

Me too speedy, Rose really should be protected for Lynn as a second pick seeing as we bothered to run an NL side which gave him his opportunity.

Will be galling to see him lining up for somebody else while Lynn get left with a rider who the fans have no affiliation with.

Robert Lambert is NOT in the official list of 23!!!!!

Robert is not 16 until next April and still at school until July.

I too will be gutted to not get Rose as a pick. The only other us Stars will have an affiliation with is Simon Lambert but that looks unlikely as he's top of the 2nd group and Kerr tops group 1.

If I had to select another from the group I'd be ok with bottom of the pile Dan Greenwood. He's looked pretty good round the NA this season and looked to enjoy the wide open space of the track.

Robert is not 16 until next April and still at school until July.

Seems like his non inclusion is more to do with him racing in Germany on Sundays.

Expect him to pop up in the top five of a team somewhere.

Edited by Bagpuss