British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

I was discussing this with someone the other day and we questioned if we'd see young Lambert in Lynns 1-5 with a powerful top 4, as they'll have a strong reserve in Kerr anyway they can afford to carry Lambert if he takes a while to find his feet.

I was discussing this with someone the other day and we questioned if we'd see young Lambert in Lynns 1-5 with a powerful top 4, as they'll have a strong reserve in Kerr anyway they can afford to carry Lambert if he takes a while to find his feet.

He certainly wouldn't struggle at home, it's away young Lambert would be a concern. Especially on the small tracks as he showed at Monmore last season. Throttle control does seem to be a weakness in his skills.

Wouldn't a year in PL be more beneficial? Then join the draft next year.

I agree with this, he is 16 in April and a season in the PL would do him a world of good for his future.

Wouldn't a year in PL be more beneficial? Then join the draft next year.

Yep, no argument from me on that one. Only concern from King's Lynn's point of view is they may lose Lambert as an asset if he goes PL and that would be harsh.

There is a rule about signing 1 none riding asset a year l believe for EL clubs so maybe we'll go down that route with Robert Lambert

It looks as though some good news maybe coming soon. Rory Schlein was at the Kings Lynn football today. That must surely mean that he's staying with us.

Lots of other threads have had Roo's name in them but I just can't imagine the promotion forking out for him a year ago and then loaning him out after one season.

• Like 1

He certainly wouldn't struggle at home, it's away young Lambert would be a concern. Especially on the small tracks as he showed at Monmore last season. Throttle control does seem to be a weakness in his skills.

Well he doesn't have any problem with Rye House !!

Guess Rose was protected as well. Either way, about the best pairing we could have come out of the draft with.

Just hope for some news on the top 5 soon.

• Like 1

Obviously pleased with the outcome of Kerr and Rose, and wonder how it was achieved, bearing in mind, only four riders were protected. and none from the second group.

My theory, based on the twitter notes, is that Lynn were able to choose their second rider as long as the combined rating was 20 or less. Top rider , bottom rider, Don't know, Purely a guess... but well pleased.........

Now we put Lambert in the 1 to 5 with 4 top riders , and we could be cooking on GAS.....

• Like 1

Honestly don't have a clue how Rose was announced at the beginning of the draft, as at that time was an unprotected second round pick? But boy am I happy he is! To get both Lewis's in the team is brilliant news!

edit to add a mock up team how about:
N.K. Iversen, R. Schlein, M. Korneliussen, P. Ljung and R. Lambert = 31.53

I would like to see Kozza and Porsing back but just thought I would make a team with a different direction with trying to put Ljung in the team.

Edited by justspeedway
  • Like 1

I was just going to put the same team as you on here.Think Ljung would be a steal on 5.6

• Like 1

Now we put Lambert in the 1 to 5 with 4 top riders , and we could be cooking on GAS.....

Thought Lambert wasnt 16 till April and still has exams till July???

• Like 1

I'm so pleased with that, having Rose & Kerr as our reserves. Will be interesting as it has now been suggested we may only have 31 points to choose the top 5 for being allowed a strong reserve pairing.

Suppose we'll just have to wait and see.