British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

According to Speedway Updates Lewis Kerr has had another off at Newcastle tonight and is on his way to hospital with a hand injury :sad:

In better news Lewis Rose scored 10+1 from 5 including an appearance in heat 15.

Fingers crossed for Kerr hope it isn't as bad as the ambulance ride warrants.Getting to close to the play-offs now.

Chopped the top of his finger off

He's awaiting surgery.

Get well soon lew

He didn't have surgery and is hoping it to heal by itself

What's even more crazy is he's aiming to ride in the 4s on Sunday. These speedway riders are a different breed

He didn't have surgery and is hoping it to heal by itself

What's even more crazy is he's aiming to ride in the 4s on Sunday. These speedway riders are a different breed

So I gather it wasn't as bad as first feared.I thought I read somewhere the top of his finger had actually come off and was in his glove.

Well that is good news isn't it.Riders are so brave in this sport of ours.

So I gather it wasn't as bad as first feared.I thought I read somewhere the top of his finger had actually come off and was in his glove.

Well that is good news isn't it.Riders are so brave in this sport of ours.

Well he'd be definately having surgery if he did do it & if he didn't it isn't very bright to put it on his Twitter page!.

Well he'd be definately having surgery if he did do it & if he didn't it isn't very bright to put it on his Twitter page!.

Yes,but if it's just the tip maybe it's not worth trying to save and just a stich up required.Alright that is classed as surgery I suppose.

Yes,but if it's just the tip maybe it's not worth trying to save and just a stich up required.Alright that is classed as surgery I suppose.

Would have to be a tiny part not to need surgery but hope he gets back on a bike soon as it will be painful regardless.

Would have to be a tiny part not to need surgery but hope he gets back on a bike soon as it will be painful regardless.

By tip, I think he meant skin only and not bone. What I am hearing up here anyway.

By tip, I think he meant skin only and not bone. What I am hearing up here anyway.

That would be more painful than taking the tip off the finger ouch

There's a pic of his finger on his Instagram

Edited by Phil The Ace

There's a pic of his finger on his Instagram

which shows he's took the tip off under the nail... And from just about the end of the nail.... Ouch!!