British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars 2014

Niels-Kristian Iversen 9.12

Nicklas Porsing 3.51

Mads Korneliussen 6.97

Olly Allen 5.19

Rory Schlein 6.84

That's the top 5 I think we may well go with, least I'm hoping that's what we go with! Simon Stead may well go back to Swindon, and, although I'd like to think that we'd give him another go, with him being out injured for so long, the promotion may be wary of taking him back for this season at least, so I've put Olly Allen in instead.

As for the reserves, like SCB said earlier in the topic, with Robert Lambert not turning 16 until April, I'm not so sure he can be declared in an EL or even a PL berth until that point, so once his 16th birthday comes, I imagine his phone will be ringing off the hook quite a lot on that day and that a bidding war will probably commence! I'd like to think he'd stick with us for the long term, but who knows? Not sure what Lewis Kerr will want to do either and he may want to break away from the Lynn track and go elsewhere. Lewis Rose may also be interested in going to whatever team his friend, Lewis Bridger, goes to, so I'm not 100% certain he'd feature for us either. Basically, the reserves are anyones guess! So long as they're going to be competitive, that's all I'm worried about.

Not a bad team, but I have to question the inclusion of Olly Allen. I personally think, you're going back to 2011 when he performed reasonably well, when riding regularly with Mads. But since then he hasn't done too much to impress anyone. I know injuries don't help but that's part of the game...But, I'm sure we can do better then him.

Don't be surprised if a former Lynn number one is back in NKI place

• Like 1

Think Bjerre will end up at Leicester with his brother. Still think Niels will lead the side. Not seen or heard anything to say he's looking to lessen his schedule.

As for Olly Allen. A case of thanks but no thanks. He's a decent option at the NA but not reliable enough away from home. Plus he always spends half the season sharing his team spot with his alter ego R/R

• Like 1

Your fav Haza? Hope you're wrong!

no not at all I'd sooner Niels lead the side but I have heard KB is in the frame and on a slightly lower average that open up other possibilities for the rest of the top 5

I can hardly believe our management would consider KB over Niels, no comparison!

I can hardly believe our management would consider KB over Niels, no comparison!

maybe they have no choice if Niels decides he wants cut down commitments what would you have them do ? They will have to look at other options . Edited by Haza

Don't be surprised if a former Lynn number one is back in NKI place

Funny you should say that. I was PM'd on Twitter today saying if Sky are on board we could have a new main team sponsor with Roger Warnes becoming secondary sponsor.

The King's Lynn 'Readypower' Stars

Hopefully someone will clear this one up quickly but Readypower and Kenneth Bjerre do seem to come as a pair so I'd imagine that Bjerre will be sponsored by Readypower more than King's Lynn would.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bjerre at Lynn.

Could we fit Bjerre, Iversen and Schlein in out of interest

Could we fit Bjerre, Iversen and Schlein in out of interest

Mathematically it is possible, but unlikely I'd have thought.

However it does raise an interesting point regarding the EL/NL reserves.

What happens if a side (eg King's Lynn) wants to sign one of the reserves(Kerr) as a main team rider?

A top 5 of:

Iversen

Bjerre

Schlein

Kerr

Porsing

does fit...

• Like 1

1, Iversen 9.12

2, Porsing 3.51

3, Sclein 6.84

4, Smith 3.76

5, Bjerre 8.45

Ave: 31.68

Edited by screamer

1, Iversen 9.12

2, Porsing 3.51

3, Sclein 6.84

4, Smith 3.76

5, Bjerre 8.45

I like that 3 heat leaders and two riders who will put points on there average . Hadn't thought of Kenneth and Niels being in the same team I thought it would be one or the other which could well be the case I guess .

1, Iversen 9.12

2, Porsing 3.51

3, Sclein 6.84

4, Smith 3.76

5, Bjerre 8.45

Playoff's for sure

Playoff's for sure

Could be a good way of team building as the no's 2 & 4 would score well especially at home but how teams can be finalised without a match race format is the main problem.