British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Leicester look a solid side, its going to be difficult to predict the EL for 2014.

Yep. They are certainly going to be like the Birmingham of last year

7.30 Jason Doyle

6.97 Mads Korneliussen

6.19 Patrik Hougaard

5.60 Peter Ljung

leaves 5.94 for the last place

Lukas Dryml 5.71 could be a good choice but Simon Gustafsson 5.17 is a rider that can improve at a new track and Leicester should suit him.

Good team built by Leiceser and look foward to seeing them take on Tai at their own track duringthe season.

If that's a good EL Team I wouldn't like too see a bad one! Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

If that's a good EL Team I wouldn't like too see a bad one!

You're telling us! A Premier League rider at No.1, a collection of journeymen none of whom are likely to be able to compete in hts 13 and 15. And one of the weaker reserve pairings (tho.had this been done as in the US they would have been able to pick Garrity). It's 2011 all over again!

Why are people being so negative. Give them a chance will ya, there hasnt been a wheel turned yet and your already starting on the riders. I think there is a chance they will all put half a point too a point on their average(s).

You're telling us! A Premier League rider at No.1, a collection of journeymen none of whom are likely to be able to compete in hts 13 and 15. And one of the weaker reserve pairings (tho.had this been done as in the US they would have been able to pick Garrity). It's 2011 all over again!

You mean Darkin at #5 ??

Jason Doyle a Premier League rider......? Well, I guess he rode I it last year and probably 2014 as well. But in my opinion he is far to good, as is Cookie to be riding in what is supposedly the second tier of UK speedway. . Its more akin to Rugby's League compared to Rugby Union as apposed to a lower skill level division, at least at the top end of Prem teams. .. All said and done, I am quietly confident we WON'T be wooden spooooooners in 2014, could be play-off material. .. in my opinion..

• Like 2

As an occassional contributor, but regular browser of this forum, I cannot believe the amount of negative posts, some quite personal. None of us are "experts", yes we have opinions, but the 2014 team is in it's infancy, so let's get behind ALL the riders and let's see how it goes.

Looks like 2014 could be interesting. I say give them a chance to prove what they are made off I think we could be in for a few present surprises.

As with any team coming up to the EL the first season is all about finding your feet in the new league and build towards the following year -

Leicester look a solid side, its going to be difficult to predict the EL for 2014.

It looksa solid looking unit thus far fairly well balanced...doesn't have an out an out "guaranteed" race winner for heats 1 & 15 but a lot of punch for at least 10 races, certainly at home. obviously last rider in needs to be able to do the business too.

Has there been any indication of who the team manager will be? Think this will be an important signing.

As with any team coming up to the EL the first season is all about finding your feet in the new league and build towards the following year -

Leicester should've been given the first pick in the draft rider's as they do with the new teams in USA rather than assume Peterborough's pick.

Unless Ljung rides way above his average, looks a poor team to me.

Ljungs average is a bargain especially as he will be a 2nd string, he is a 7 pt man in all honesty. He is much better since his last stint in Britain.

Ljungs average is a bargain especially as he will be a 2nd string, he is a 7 pt man in all honesty. He is much better since his last stint in Britain.

That's what was said before his last stint at Lakeside but he really hasn't made the progress in this country that he should have. I hope this is a good year for him but I can't see it myself.