British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

Agreed, Berge is the gamble rider that you just won't know how it'll work out. At this stage I would go for Mark Lemon on 6.44. I've got no problem with him, he would be a second string, no pressure of winning the big heats and he knows all the tracks. As long as he maintained his average you couldn't ask for more than that from him. That would allow us to retain Ringwood who we bred last season. He has the speed and style to win races just needs more aggression.

See where you are coming from regarding Lemon but I guess we look for riders who can progress and this is why I wouldn't want but in reality he wouldn't be an awful signing and I'm sure he would hold his average from second string

Tully on 7.19 would have offered very poor value, leave it to someone else to take the hit. I keep wondering what has happened to Kauko, no mention of him anywhere however his 7.25 couldn't be accommodated with Ringwood by 0.15. Josef Franc would be a decent rider without the pressure of being No1 however he has a habit of missing many UK fixtures. Tough one this!

Signing Lemon would certainly be preferable to our promotion stood next to the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen shouting " bring out your dead "

• Like 2

I've always like Franc, though sometimes he can be frustratingly.

He's been unbeatable sometimes at Ashfield, then a totally different rider other times.

I've been trying to figure out who we could get and keep coming to the conclusion that we'll bring in an untried foreigner. Which I really don't want. It's good to have one untried with potential (and potential to sell on for £££££s), but two can be a waste of the preceding team building efforts.

Franc's long track rules him out IMO

Morris in rusty out. ringwood and another 4.4 ish rider whos available on arohnd 4.4

• Like 1

How about Sanchez, a proven premier league rider, good second string can score well home and away, no problem for him racing on a Sunday, got to be a better option than Bager. Also would leave points for a good reserve

How about Sanchez, a proven premier league rider, good second string can score well home and away, no problem for him racing on a Sunday, got to be a better option than Bager. Also would leave points for a good reserve

No chance, he started at Glasgow around 1999 or 2000, had a decent first season but all went downhill from there and we moved him on to Trelawny I think. Don't remember him ever having a decent score at Ashfield and crucially never rode during 2013.

Morris in rusty out. ringwood and another 4.4 ish rider whos available on arohnd 4.4

Kasper Lykke?

On a point of principle I'd be unhappy with that.

However, come the first meeting at the Sainsbury's arena I'll have forgotten about it.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1

Stew Dickson (@glesgagaffer) tweeted at 0:03 AM on Tue, Dec 31, 2013: Ma advisers have offered Henning a deal for 2014, baw is in his court but a expect him tae sign it, looking a assessed rider fur last spot

• Like 1

Stew Dickson (@glesgagaffer) tweeted at 0:03 AM on Tue, Dec 31, 2013: Ma advisers have offered Henning a deal for 2014, baw is in his court but a expect him tae sign it, looking a assessed rider fur last spot

Not what we wanted to hear

• Like 1

In that case it would have to be a 5.00 assessed rider. It was all going so well too!

Perhaps it was Ringwood that stalled everything, though I really wanted him back. No point bringing in an assessed 5 pointer who finds his feet over the season then doesn't return to build on that the following year.

If HB is to sign he needs to sort himself out. I'm sure I read in the programme he bought Peter Juul's equipment to use during 2013 and it showed.

Would still go for Lemon and a 3.5 ish rider.

Eh we do know this is a parody account on Twitter? It is hilarious though and occasionally very insightful

• Like 1

Eh we do know this is a parody account on Twitter? It is hilarious though and occasionally very insightful

True, it also did say previously Ringwood was in.

Please someone tell me what I'm supposed to believe!

Can't imagine Stewart would be so indiscreet.

Please someone tell me we are not signing Henning!

My hopes are up after our first 5 signings and Edinburgh's Lidl team (sorry no offence intended Lidl).

Please don't take that hope away!

Ringwood not coming back then ?