British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

Fantastic signing

Fantastic Team.

GazC get the BMW washed and fueled up, as there will be many a road trip this year following the Tigers to glory.

what makes this a fantastic signing in my opinion is that if/when Anders or even Joey get new averages I fully expect them, Anders particularly, to be challenging to get into the top 5. Now one of two things can happen....

...Mark Lemonony Lemon can do a Shane Parker, get a 2nd lease of life and be a revaluation. Keeping his place in the top 5, keeping Anders or Joey at reserve.

or Marks average decreases slightly dropping him to reserve alongside yon wee French bloke.

but what is guaranteed for the first time since 2011 is that we will always have a strong reserve, which we all know any time destined for success strives for.

Roll on March

As much as that would be great if it could happen, you forget that young Joey is in there as well - and I see him and Dimitri being our reserves for most of the season. However, I do like your optimism regarding Mark getting a 2nd lease of life and at least obtaining an average of around 7 would do me. I have faith in Stewart and I am sure he will have them firing from the off!!

• Like 1

Poor signing.

great signing, good luck mark and tigggeeerrs, just stand back and see the team we had last year.as tony would say this team is grrreeeaaattt :rofl: :rofl:

Well I'm very happy with this team.

Kevin Wolbert should do a good job. Theo is Theo and he is great for getting the team spirit going. Rusty had a bad year last year but I genuinely believe he can get back to the scoring level he was at a couple of years ago. I'm glad Mark signed for us, hopefully he will be happier at Glasgow and that will improve in his racing. I'm really excited about Dimitri, heard good things about him. Anders, on better machinery, will definitely put at least a point on his average. Joey showed such potential last year, especially at the end of the season, don't see any reason why he can't significantly add to his average.

Happy tigers fan here!7

Bottom of the table my arse!!!!

• Like 3

As much as that would be great if it could happen, you forget that young Joey is in there as well - and I see him and Dimitri being our reserves for most of the season. However, I do like your optimism regarding Mark getting a 2nd lease of life and at least obtaining an average of around 7 would do me. I have faith in Stewart and I am sure he will have them firing from the off!!

Stewart has shown in the past that he is one of the best tactical managers in speedway and if anyone can get the best out of a team , he can, look at the difference he made when he joined the team at the end of last season, immediate improvement , shame it was too late to make a difference to position in the league

• Like 3

Stewart has shown in the past that he is one of the best tactical managers in speedway and if anyone can get the best out of a team , he can, look at the difference he made when he joined the team at the end of last season, immediate improvement , shame it was too late to make a difference to position in the league

Aye, he has proper passion. A great team manager and if anyone can get them going, he can. It was a pure loss when he wasn't well but great to have him back from the off this year.

• Like 3

If Harrison and Lemon continue their current trend could be a long season. But if even one finds form again could well be in top half of league. Great 3 youngsters with berge, Thomson and Ringwood. Shud be an exciting season for the locals.

• Like 2

A decent signing to finish off a decent looking team that will hold its own at home. Hard to take the negativity on here, compared to the sh1te we were served up last year its eutopia.

Only negativity on here is coming from non-Tigers fans , so we dont need to pay any attention to that .

What flexibility does a Team Manager have in arranging his team ? Does he have to place the highest averaged rider at No 1, the second highest at No 5, and the lowest two at Nos 6 & 7 (either way round) ? Does the third highest have to ride at No 3 ? Are there any other restrictions, apart from in heat 15 ?

:unsure::unsure:

Highest average rider at number 1 , two lowest at reserve ( any order at 6 and 7 ) and the other four riders can ride in any position 2 to 5 .

21 years ago Nigel Crabtree arrived in Glasgow seemingly in the Autumn of his career and his average dropping . What a new lease of life he got then , here's hoping the same sort of thing happens with Mark .

• Like 4

Only negativity on here is coming from non-Tigers fans , so we dont need to pay any attention to that .

Highest average rider at number 1 , two lowest at reserve ( any order at 6 and 7 ) and the other four riders can ride in any position 2 to 5 .21 years ago Nigel Crabtree arrived in Glasgow seemingly in the Autumn of his career and his average dropping . What a new lease of life he got then , here's hoping the same sort of thing happens with Mark .

Jeepers Jimminy Crickets!!!!

21 years, where does the time go. Still say Crabbies testimonial meeting at Shawfield that year was one of the best meetings I have ever seen. Lyons and Schott both in their prime and untouchable,

Stewart has shown in the past that he is one of the best tactical managers in speedway

Aye and he also shown in the past how to mess up a great racing surface and track!

Aye and he also shown in the past how to mess up a great racing surface and track!

So Ashfield has been a great racing surface and track.

Nice to have it in writing.

So enlighten me! When did Stewart Dickson do, or advise on, track preparation?

The Glasgow promotion/owners/etc have put together a good team under the difficult circumstances of a Sunday track, based in Scotland.

Yes, there are questions marks.

But that's part of it's appeal.

They've re-built the team and by a long way it's the most exciting on paper I've seen for a long time.

New faces.

Young riders with potential and enthusiasm.

Riders at the other end of their careers with a point to prove.

I think the last time I felt as excited about a team was 1993.

It certainly surpasses 2011 and look what happened then.

There will be entertainment value at Ashfield no doubt.

And that's what we craved last year.

My God, mid season last year I would have donated my left rollock to see some exciting racing!

Kevin Wolbert in full flow round Ashfield is a sight to behold.

Yes, I was envious of the Monarch fans when he was in his full pomp.

Burger me. He'll have the track record in his back pocket this season, no doubt.

By all accounts, I'll be watching 16 year old Dimitri Berg through my fingers.

Joey Ringwood - nothing beats watching one of your own getting better.

Anders Thomsen, ditto ... and then some.

Theo, will be Theo.

Mark and Rusty, might just infected by the youth and enthusiasm.

This is a team with "personality" and freshness.

That's what we've needed for a long time!

Let's not forget it was 11 weeks ago an email dropped in Tigers fans Inboxes giving the impression there would be no speedway this season.

This is a great team, thanks to one and all for it, and good luck for 2014.

• Like 8

So enlighten me! When did Stewart Dickson do, or advise on, track preparation?

Pay no attention , Fred is a regular Glasgow hater .

With stewart back as manager this team will win at home away from home time will tell . Im pretty looking forward to this season lineup wise id like to see 1 wolbert 2 berge 3 harrison 4 lemon 5 theo 6 thomsen 7 ringwood

Edited by baba
  • Like 1