British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

The way I see it Mark is commenting on Aussies difficulty in general, I don't think he means himself

Yeah that's how i read it too pet

• Like 1

Does Lemon even need a visa?

British wife? Permanent residency and working rights?

Not certain but I think that is right.

Does Lemon even need a visa?

British wife? Permanent residency and working rights?

Not certain but I think that is right.

Correct.

Unfortunately it looks like one of the riders mark was re-faring too was Joey Rngwood also Ryan Douglas looks unlikely for Scunny

So it is Joey Ringwood that has been refused a visa... Aussies have been an integral part of Premier League speedway and it is a shame that as a part of the commonwealth , they need visas at all..The system needs to change !! Perhaps teams should apply for 2-3 year visas for their riders... main problem as I see it , is that the AGM is not until November and team making decisions cannot be done until after that and aussies are away home before then, it is a bit unfair to ask them to stay longer so as to apply for visa before they go home..

So it is Joey Ringwood that has been refused a visa... Aussies have been an integral part of Premier League speedway and it is a shame that as a part of the commonwealth , they need visas at all..The system needs to change !! Perhaps teams should apply for 2-3 year visas for their riders... main problem as I see it , is that the AGM is not until November and team making decisions cannot be done until after that and aussies are away home before then, it is a bit unfair to ask them to stay longer so as to apply for visa before they go home..

It's OK applying for 2-3 year Visas, but what about the Aussie riders who come over in the first year and turn out to be 'flops'? What would happen then?

visa's have only changed last season by the british goverment.

2 clubs last season were caught unaware of the rule change (somerset and workington) and was very public.

with it happening last season it shouldn't happen again as clubs are now aware of it.

its pretty simple DONT LET THE VISA RUN OUT apply for it before it expires. or clubs can apply for a 2 or 3 year visa. not al clubs have this problem, maybe they are just more organazied that others ?

riders or clubs can apply for the visa months before it runs out. so why dont they ?

• Like 1

It's OK applying for 2-3 year Visas, but what about the Aussie riders who come over in the first year and turn out to be 'flops'? What would happen then?

Ringwood being one of those flops

So it is Joey Ringwood that has been refused a visa... Aussies have been an integral part of Premier League speedway and it is a shame that as a part of the commonwealth , they need visas at all..The system needs to change !!

The system is changing to stop the immigration free for all of the last 15 years. Unfortunately some speedway riders are caught up in it. Those switched on to the new changes aren't. The Commonwealth is meaningless and has been for some time as we become more aligned to the EU, whether we like it or not.

Its a massive blow for Ringwood as he needs to build on a decent second hlf of last season. If the others are a precedent we won't see him this year.

The system is changing to stop the immigration free for all of the last 15 years. Unfortunately some speedway riders are caught up in it. Those switched on to the new changes aren't. The Commonwealth is meaningless and has been for some time as we become more aligned to the EU, whether we like it or not.

Its a massive blow for Ringwood as he needs to build on a decent second hlf of last season. If the others are a precedent we won't see him this year.

That's really annoying , so 4.22 left to find a replacement with .

Would be a shame if Joey misses out this season as I am sure he would make steady progress especially if he could stay injury free, he showed some promise at the tail end of the season... there cant be many 4 point riders left out there

Someone posted on facebook that they have spoken to his girlfriend and that there hasn't been any issues with his visa yet, so why the worry?