British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

who knows maybe a change of track will suit Barrett,if he is the rider lined up to replace Joey ike a lot of Berwick fans expected a lot from him in 2013 sadly it did not happen but 2014 is a new season maybe it just takes a different enviroment,

• Like 2

who knows maybe a change of track will suit Barrett,if he is the rider lined up to replace Joey ike a lot of Berwick fans expected a lot from him in 2013 sadly it did not happen but 2014 is a new season maybe it just takes a different enviroment,

Strangely, I would have stuck with Barrett, he didn't come back from the accident well. I believe he would have got his head around it, and we would have seen what we saw at the beginning.

I think Barrett has the potential, you could do a lot worse than him.

maybe the cost is a factor, as i persume he would be flying in and out of denmark.

but maybe worth a gamble.

You should have just kept Jacobs.

To be accurate Jacobs wasn't ours to keep but I take your point.

To be fair he performed OK over the season, raising his average by >0.50 points which is not too shabby for his first year in the 2nd top flight.

On balance I wouldn't have had him back if it had been a straight choice between him and Ringwood, based entirely on what I thought they could do this year, IMO.

thought Glasgow announced at one point during the season that they were going to buy Joe Jacobs contract from Ipswich ??

thought Glasgow announced at one point during the season that they were going to buy Joe Jacobs contract from Ipswich ??

He's been sold to Cov now.

He's been sold to Cov now.

Yes, but didn't glasgow say they were going to buy him last season ??

Yes, but the money ran out, about May!

You already know the answer so why ask? :nono:

• Like 1

Long dark nights?

Speedway close season?

Bored?

Frustrated?

Have a Minion team lined up for next season?

Well the BSF has the solution to your problems!

Just come on the Glasgow Tigers thread and stir things up.

All Minions welcome!

• Like 2

I like Barrett. He's got a nice controlled style, looks good on a bike and rides very well around Ashfield. Reckon that crash on bend 3 at Berwick done him no favours. Gotta remember that crashing a motorbike at 60plus mph takes it out of you! With a fresh start and some luck he would be a good bet.

• Like 1

I would like to give Barrett a chance ... but it is not him that is lined up to replace Joey if visa falls through

Dot. It's not Helfer, it's not Barret. Could you list everyone who it's not and we can work out who it IS. :o:cheers:

Dot. It's not Helfer, it's not Barret. Could you list everyone who it's not and we can work out who it IS. :o:cheers:

Albin?lets see who replies to this post then be able to confirm Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1