British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

Would Glasgow claim Barrett as an asset?

:nono:

Would Glasgow claim Barrett as an asset?

:nono:

Now now , let sleeping dogs lie . And i'm pretty sure he's raced in enough official meetings for Berwick for that not to be an issue

• Like 1

To be accurate Jacobs wasn't ours to keep but I take your point.

To be fair he performed OK over the season, raising his average by >0.50 points which is not too shabby for his first year in the 2nd top flight.

On balance I wouldn't have had him back if it had been a straight choice between him and Ringwood, based entirely on what I thought they could do this year, IMO.

Fair enough. As others have said I remembered him being linked to a permanent transfer and obviously Ipswich were happy with letting him go. I haven't seen Joe at Ashfield but having followed his NL progress closely I'm confident that his 2014 average will be in excess of 4.00 and nearer 5.00 than 4.00. He has a lot of talent and has often beaten the biggest name in the league, I just think he needs to find a bit of consistency and with having the same men behind him at Peterborough as he had at Coventry last year and going back to Mildenhall I'm sure he will. Having said all that he bucked the trend of the 'Brits don't want to travel' trait and I'm sure he'd have been more than happy to stay because my impression of Joe is simply that he wants to race and will put in the effort wherever in order to repay the faith someone puts in him to race.

Fair enough. As others have said I remembered him being linked to a permanent transfer and obviously Ipswich were happy with letting him go. I haven't seen Joe at Ashfield but having followed his NL progress closely I'm confident that his 2014 average will be in excess of 4.00 and nearer 5.00 than 4.00. He has a lot of talent and has often beaten the biggest name in the league, I just think he needs to find a bit of consistency and with having the same men behind him at Peterborough as he had at Coventry last year and going back to Mildenhall I'm sure he will. Having said all that he bucked the trend of the 'Brits don't want to travel' trait and I'm sure he'd have been more than happy to stay because my impression of Joe is simply that he wants to race and will put in the effort wherever in order to repay the faith someone puts in him to race.

When it was being touted that Glasgow were keen to make Joe an asset , it was at the time Sean Courtney was team manager and Joe was regularly staying at Sean's house . It's unknown at the time if Ipswich weren't playing ball or Glasgow's interest wasn't really serious , but when Sean left his post as team manager all mention of Joe becoming a Glasgow asset stopped . To be fair , and to upset the " back the Brits " brigade , Thomsen and Ringwood are a better bet at reserve , but Joe warrants a place at PL level somewhere .

You already know the answer so why ask? :nono:

If you think that Yoda knows the answer, it makes the question rhetorical, which means you must know why it was posted in the first place. This makes your post equally rhetorical, but twice as pointless for repeating what you accused the OP of.

If you think that Yoda knows the answer, it makes the question rhetorical, which means you must know why it was posted in the first place. This makes your post equally rhetorical, but twice as pointless for repeating what you accused the OP of.

And as you seem to know the answers your post is equally pointless.

• Like 1

i was meerly pointing out the fact that last season, Glasgow made a big announcement that they WERE going to buy the

contract of Joe Jacobs, yet then nothing was said.

And as you seem to know the answers your post is equally pointless.

Pretty much - but there's always someone who wants to continue the argument to absurd levels of pointlessness!

i was meerly pointing out the fact that last season, Glasgow made a big announcement that they WERE going to buy the

contract of Joe Jacobs, yet then nothing was said.

Ipswich turned down the offer.

Facu Albin is waiting some place in premier league club. the bikes are ready and the idea is go for other new engine.- Not bad in his first meeting in Glasgow last years add 6+2.-

If from what I heard is true, Joey's visa expired and was not re-newed ! If this is the case then you can savely say he will not

Be in glasgows 2014 team.

It is true that Ringwoods visa was never applied for in the first place as i got told last night!

It is true that Ringwoods visa was never applied for in the first place as i got told last night!

I've heard that too ...

Wouldn't surprised me in the slightest.

Well if this is true I'd guess the 50/50 chance is more like 100-0 chance.

I've heard that too ...

Wouldn't surprised me in the slightest.

Well if this is true I'd guess the 50/50 chance is more like 100-0 chance.

Heard it straight from the hourses mouth! Mr Harkess

Heard it straight from the hourses mouth! Mr Harkess

Well in that case.... Edited by yoda

At the end of last season Glasgow looked dead and buried so it seems logical Ringwood wouldn't have re-applied for a work permit when he didn't have a club.

Others can judge the likelihood of him getting one however it would be beneficial to Glasgow that he does return and build on last year.