British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

First meeting of 2014 and a win against the Minions at Armadale and we'll all have forgotten about this.

First meeting of 2014 and a win against the Minions at Armadale and we'll all have forgotten about this.

Obviously a guest will be needed otherwise it wouldn't be Edinburgh v Glasgow without the tiggers having one. which will be the case as Mr Wolbert will be missing!

Obviously a guest will be needed otherwise it wouldn't be Edinburgh v Glasgow without the tiggers having one. which will be the case as Mr Wolbert will be missing!

Obviously.

This is a major blow to our chances of doing anything this year . I firmly believed Joey would have put 3 points on his average this season after the way he finished the 2013 campaign . Regardless who is or who isn't to blame , it's such a shame that promising young Aussies get their careers interrupted by ridiculous red tape . Let's hope Joey isn't lost to British speedway .

• Like 2

This is a major blow to our chances of doing anything this year . I firmly believed Joey would have put 3 points on his average this season after the way he finished the 2013 campaign . Regardless who is or who isn't to blame , it's such a shame that promising young Aussies get their careers interrupted by ridiculous red tape . Let's hope Joey isn't lost to British speedway .

It'll be interesting to see how Campton gets on at Worky after a year away from competitive speedway. I think he'll find it hard going to begin with. Shame for Ringwood, who knows if he will be back. He won't be able to stay sharp over there and may end up moving on in life, getting a job etc. Its a big deal to ask someone to put themselves on hold for a year so they can race once a week in another country for the summer months.

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see how Campton gets on at Worky after a year away from competitive speedway. I think he'll find it hard going to begin with. Shame for Ringwood, who knows if he will be back. He won't be able to stay sharp over there and may end up moving on in life, getting a job etc. Its a big deal to ask someone to put themselves on hold for a year so they can race once a week in another country for the summer months.

Very true , Nelson at Rye House never did a great deal last season after missing a year , and he misses out again . This is such a shame as Ringwood did seem to be getting to grips with Ashfield and PL racing towards the end of the season . And this important 2nd season would have given him the opportunity to really kick on , much in the same way Jason Lyons did in 1990/91 . As you say , i wait with interest to see how the year's disruption affects Mason Campton's progress .

Ausies are foreign riders without the E.U. It is up to them to get their work visas right. You try getting into Austrailia to work, you will then know what red tape is all about, you can't even get a bag of crisps in or an apple.

• Like 1

Ausies are foreign riders without the E.U. It is up to them to get their work visas right. You try getting into Austrailia to work, you will then know what red tape is all about, you can't even get a bag of crisps in or an apple.

I know all that Taffy , but speedway at the second tier level in this country has been enhanced by Australians since it's inception . It's a shame barriers seem to be in place to deny the sport's paying public the enjoyment many of those riders bring to our tracks .

• Like 1

What's the delay in naming the replacement? I thought we had someone lined up?

Probably now that it has become necessary for that replacement to be included in our septet , all the finer parts of the contract have to be agreed on before the announcement is made . I would imagine the announcement will be this week sometime .

I'm guessing they are awaiting it to be 'rubber stamped' be the BSPA?

I know all that Taffy , but speedway at the second tier level in this country has been enhanced by Australians since it's inception . It's a shame barriers seem to be in place to deny the sport's paying public the enjoyment many of those riders bring to our tracks .

I don't see them as barriers, but a lack of understanding by P.L clubs and the riders themselves. I remember talking to Booey at George Stancls testemonial ages ago about this very topic, he said then, it would be a nightmare, if the promoters did not get to understand the rules of how it works. It's pretty evident they have not.

I don't see them as barriers, but a lack of understanding by P.L clubs and the riders themselves. I remember talking to Booey at George Stancls testemonial ages ago about this very topic, he said then, it would be a nightmare, if the promoters did not get to understand the rules of how it works. It's pretty evident they have not.

So it would seem . Surely after two years of this nonsense happening at the beginning of a season , it's time speedway promoters got clued up .

• Like 3

its only barriers that certain riders are meeting due to probably their incompetence .... Plenty Aussies will be riding in PL having secured visas.... Hope to see you during the season mate.

its only barriers that certain riders are meeting due to probably their incompetence .... Plenty Aussies will be riding in PL having secured visas.... Hope to see you during the season mate.

You will :drink: