British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

Pleased hes signed so certain Glasgow fans can stop crying about Berwick possibly poaching him. Good signing.

Yeah, wouldn't want this to be like a Berwick thread.

• Like 1

Dry your eyes :)

Now now if that is the best retort you have you will need to work harder when you get to Secondary school on your communication skills.

A figure of 4.99 always seems to be quoted whenever his name crops up.

If his head and equipment are right he could add 2 points to that IMO. If not he could fail to even match it.

one of the worst riders I've ever seen

one of the worst riders I've ever seen

you obviously saw the rider from my last line then!!

What's the Glasgow asset base?

Rhyme's with kite. Never did hear if Bager or Jacobs registrations were purchased.

Rhyme's with kite. Never did hear if Bager or Jacobs registrations were purchased.

Thomson?

Would that be it?

Thomson?

Would that be it?

Anders ANDERSEN

James COCKLE

Mitchell DAVEY

Josh GRAJCZONEK

Steven JONES

Robert KSIEZAK

James MCBAIN

Robert MCNEIL

Nick MORRIS

Michael PENFOLD

Joe SCREEN

Anders THOMSEN

​Taken from the Unofficial site although Morris has since been sold to Swindon & Grajczonek if not already sold will be soon i would imagine Thomsen is indeed now an asset not a great asset base left to be honest.

Anders ANDERSEN

James COCKLE

Mitchell DAVEY

Josh GRAJCZONEK

Steven JONES

Robert KSIEZAK

James MCBAIN

Robert MCNEIL

Nick MORRIS

Michael PENFOLD

Joe SCREEN

Anders THOMSEN

​Taken from the Unofficial site although Morris has since been sold to Swindon & Grajczonek if not already sold will be soon i would imagine Thomsen is indeed now an asset not a great asset base left to be honest.

Yes wasn't too sure who was left and still riding. I'm pretty sure Mitchell is no longer a Glasgow asset.

I guess Ringwood and Horwood are as well.

Will be very interesting to see how Glasgow go about things this season. Surely the way forward is to get a few young upwardly mobile sorts on the books...

Yes wasn't too sure who was left and still riding. I'm pretty sure Mitchell is no longer a Glasgow asset.

I guess Ringwood and Horwood are as well.

Will be very interesting to see how Glasgow go about things this season. Surely the way forward is to get a few young upwardly mobile sorts on the books...

As far as i know Davey is still an asset as we loaned him out to Redcar last year prior going to Edinburgh haven't heard if he has been sold as it has never been mentioned so i assume that he is still Glasgow's rider.

As far as i know Davey is still an asset as we loaned him out to Redcar last year prior going to Edinburgh haven't heard if he has been sold as it has never been mentioned so i assume that he is still Glasgow's rider.

Given the riders that are about what team would you settle for?

That's what we thought about 2013, the problem is that young upwardly mobiles are hugely inconsistent. Upwardly mobile is also subjective as we've had many a 'prospect' at Glasgow with only a select few actually making any impact. Genuine young riders on the up are unlikely to come to unfashionable Glasgow and we also couldn't afford them. 2014 needs to be a team of seasoned performers, we don't expect a top line No 1 but we do need strong starting reserves that can interchange throughout the season with the struggling second strings.

Given the riders that are about what team would you settle for?

Whist it is vital we operate within the budget set it is also vital that we are at least competitive next season as the season past was sore to watch albeit crowd levels didn't tail off and the fans deserve credit for the loyalty they showed.

So in that respect Thomsen and Ringwood would have been the only two retained from last season both starting at reserve would love to see Theo back and Ricky Wells after that ???.

Whist it is vital we operate within the budget set it is also vital that we are at least competitive next season as the season past was sore to watch albeit crowd levels didn't tail off and the fans deserve credit for the loyalty they showed.

So in that respect Thomsen and Ringwood would have been the only two retained from last season both starting at reserve would love to see Theo back and Ricky Wells after that ???.

That would be a decent start and as long as you are solid enough to win most of your home matches that has to be a starting point, unless of course lots of cash can be thrown at it or one or two cats are retrieved out the bag. Throw in someone like Doolan and it might be quite interesting.

• Like 1