British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAudi

Edinburgh 2014

If Edinburgh can get the Sedgman who first rode for Birmingham (which wouldn't be a surprise) he will turn out to be an excellent signing.

Sedgmen first rode for Somerset in 2009.

Was at Birmingham in 2010.

It isn't a massive shock riders didn't give Plymouth their full commitment at the time he was there.

If Edinburgh can get the Sedgman who first rode for Birmingham (which wouldn't be a surprise) he will turn out to be an excellent signing.

Sedgmen first rode for Somerset in 2009.

Was at Birmingham in 2010.

Edited by simmo1958

I could have worded it clearer to be fair. It was more in reference to his early form with Birmingham when it looked like he was going to be the next Oz rider who was the real deal, he was scoring massive points around most tracks.

At Newport he started well then after about six meetings just looked absolutely terrible.... trailing miles behind . No idea what went wrong, undoubtedly a talented rider though

At Newport he started well then after about six meetings just looked absolutely terrible.... trailing miles behind . No idea what went wrong, undoubtedly a talented rider though

Seems to be how his career has panned out in this country in the past.

• Like 1

I remember Sedgmen riding well for Birmingham and looking forward to seeing him. He then went Elite with Swindon and that seemed to drain his confidence and I think he's had injuries too. Thought he went up too soon though. Could turn out to be a good signing.

Pity Newport aren't still with us, must have been terrible for the fans with them pulling out after the team had been picked.

Edited by comet49

Edinburgh have someone with a good potential in Sedgie. He was badly treated at Redcar but performed well at Lakeside, where on one occasion he came from the back to pass and beat Freddie Lindgren no less, so he has the ability but just needs to keep hid confidence going.. A really nice bloke and I am sure the fans will love him. Well done to the Edinburgh promotion in getting him in.

• Like 2

Looks like poor Joe Tabaka might be out of the frame next season, at least for the starting lineup.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/speedway/edinburgh-monarchs-set-to-exclude-jozsef-tabaka-1-3225750

Going to need some big improvements in averages from everyone else to stay in the hunt.

Could be the third heat leader will have an average under 6.

Scary compared to some of the other teams announced so far!!

I think (hope) he will appear at some point. He has signed for a polish club so hopes to be back on bike at some point.

I know he might not be a spring chicken as he will be 26 in febuary but he only started riding 3 years ago and he has improved very quickly in that time. Put in some decent results this year.

hes followed a few edinburgh connections on twitter.

Sedgemans downfall came at the hands of Mr Ronnie "The Tango Man" Russell for keeping him in the Swindon team, He did not score enough points to live and maintain his equipment his confidence disintegrated and his head went down and the last thing that needed then was the stress of proving himself to a new team what he needed to do was to go back to Aussie forget all about speedway for a while then start to ride for the fun of it and build up his confidence.

Hopefully he has now got his confidence back and can prove to all & sundry that he has got his racing head back on his shoulders.

Good luck for the 2014 season Justin

Edited by starshooter

for mr blobby

Looks impressive, maybe a solid second string in the making, swapping with JS at reserve.

That being said, I would much rather have Maxy, Claus and a steady 3.5-4.5 reserve if we can find one?

Ps. What's the deal with the rider throwing a tantrum and breaking the tapes in the video, can anyone work it out? 😀

Scratch the ps, just re-watched the video and listened to the announcer this time.

I'm guessing BJ would be fined for his actions??