Daniel Smith

Congratulations El Champions Poole

S in expect ? :wink:

Just gotta love orion giving spelling lessons. :rofl::P

And why ?

A Rhetorical question I assume.

Just gotta love orion giving spelling lessons. :rofl::P

Just gotta love stevebrum falling for it every time :D

After being to Poole for the semi final not sure where these Big crowds come from ...walked in at 7.15 pm without having to wait , was hardly anyone in the bar or buying food ...the stand had fans in it but bar that the place was empty ...Poole crowds have took a massive dip in the last two years and god help them if they have a bad season .

Id make a visitation to specsavers if i were you.. Outstrips your crowds any day..

Edited by Starman2006

Id make a visitation to specsavers if i were you.. Outstrips your crowds any day..

You know that for a fact do you?

• Like 1

You know that for a fact do you?

Yeh, everytime i go to Swindon i can count them. I need a calculator at poole... :D You coming down for the Blue Riband meeting?

Dont forget most other clubs in the elite are competing against other sports in the area and speedway is a minor sport.

My own club Ipswich have obviously football and stock cars. i regularly used to stand at Foxhall with 3 guys who had season tickets for Ipswich Town. As prices rise for both football and speedway they had to make a chioce and now dont go speedway anymore.

Manchester, Coventry, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Swindon all have bigger sports in the town then speedway. this is a major reason why supporters are lost they cant afford to do everything.

Poole has nothing else .....well apart from a few luvvies sipping champers in the harbour.

Are you sure?

AFC Bournemouth is about 7 miles from Wimborne road and are currently 8th in the championship 3 places above Ipswich and significantly higher than most of the other teams you mention.

Probably only Brum & Belle vue with higher placed football clubs closer to their stadiums.

Are you sure?

AFC Bournemouth is about 7 miles from Wimborne road and are currently 8th in the championship 3 places above Ipswich and significantly higher than most of the other teams you mention.

Probably only Brum & Belle vue with higher placed football clubs closer to their stadiums.

Clearly Gavans knowledge of football is non existent. And he probably isn't aware that Bournemouth and Poole are in the same conurbation.

Clearly Gavans knowledge of football is non existent. And he probably isn't aware that Bournemouth and Poole are in the same conurbation.

ah right on cue.

if you think Poole is a bigger place for sport than all of the other places ive mentioned that have speedway then just shows your knowledge.

ok so Bournemouth is close by, its irrelevent of league position its crowd levels that count. Wigan were in the premier league getting less crowds then Sheffield United in League 1.

The simple fact is Poole speedway have no other crowd pulling sports in the town.

i expect nothing but crap coming from you Shovlar. Now run to the mods good boy

ah right on cue.

if you think Poole is a bigger place for sport than all of the other places ive mentioned that have speedway then just shows your knowledge.

ok so Bournemouth is close by, its irrelevent of league position its crowd levels that count. Wigan were in the premier league getting less crowds then Sheffield United in League 1.

The simple fact is Poole speedway have no other crowd pulling sports in the town.

Sorry Gav your wrong mate. A F C Bournemouth are now a Championship club.. And Poole Town are going places and pull good sponsors..

Edited by Starman2006

As I pointed out on another thread, Greg was only there because he lost his team place in Poland and needed a job. Philip Rising has said elsewhere on the forum that its highly unlikely that Greg was on a better deal than Holder so he was just fortunate that a top rider became available just at the time Ford needed one. Can't complain about him getting Greg but its not really a case of "he had to get him" . the deal practically fell into his lap. As we have both said before, you need luck to succeed in any sport and once Holder was injured getting Greg was Matt's lucky break.

When he became available we had to get him as guests and r/r wasnt working.

ah right on cue.

You picked a bad example there, the reason wigan have low crowds is because its a rugby town. Generally league position is the reason crowds are bigger

Edited by foreverblue

Sorry Gav your wrong mate. A F C Bournemouth are now a Championship club.. And Poole Town are going places and pull good sponsors..

You really know nothing ! Bournemouth are a sell out every match, just try and get a ticket. Poole town get better crowds than many speedway tracks. How do I know, I sponsor both teams. We also have stock car racing at machams, there is loads going on in our area. You also miss the point that places like Birmingham and mach ester are massive compared to Poole so have a far bigger catchment area. Whine whine whine, let's face it were a far better speedway town than all the rest of you so why don't you just DO ONE !!!! Sorry starman meant to be in Gav post. Edited by The Know
  • Like 1

You really know nothing ! Bournemouth are a sell out every match, just try and get a ticket. Poole town get better crowds than many speedway tracks. How do I know, I sponsor both teams. We also have stock car racing at machams, there is loads going on in our area. You also miss the point that places like Birmingham and mach ester are massive compared to Poole so have a far bigger catchment area. Whine whine whine, let's face it were a far better speedway town than all the rest of you so why don't you just DO ONE !!!!

ha ha ha the temper tantrum love it.

sorry dont care what you say i could ask a hundred people to name towns and citys renowned for sport and Poole wouldnt be anywhere near the top.

If you would care to have a debate then fine but yet another who is incapable.

Matt Ford is a good promoter for Poole NOBODY denys that.

But it must be easier to promote in Poole then most other speedway places. If you want to chuck insults go ahead.

ha ha ha the temper tantrum love it.

sorry dont care what you say i could ask a hundred people to name towns and citys renowned for sport and Poole wouldnt be anywhere near the top.

If you would care to have a debate then fine but yet another who is incapable.

Matt Ford is a good promoter for Poole NOBODY denys that.

But it must be easier to promote in Poole then most other speedway places. If you want to chuck insults go ahead.

Thats not our fault is it Gav. But there's still competition. Might not have been the case when AFCB were languishing in league 4 or whatever it is now, and poole town were two leagues lower than they are now, things are a bit different. No matter where you live money is tight, so companys want value for money, and we have a promoter that realises that.. Poole Speedway offer that, but its not all a walk in the park, even down here.

You really know nothing ! Bournemouth are a sell out every match, just try and get a ticket. Poole town get better crowds than many speedway tracks. How do I know, I sponsor both teams. We also have stock car racing at machams, there is loads going on in our area. You also miss the point that places like Birmingham and mach ester are massive compared to Poole so have a far bigger catchment area. Whine whine whine, let's face it were a far better speedway town than all the rest of you so why don't you just DO ONE !!!! Sorry starman meant to be in Gav post.

No probs mate..

Thats not our fault is it Gav. But there's still competition. Might not have been the case when AFCB were languishing in league 4 or whatever it is now, and poole town were two leagues lower than they are now, things are a bit different. No matter where you live money is tight, so companys want value for money, and we have a promoter that realises that.. Poole Speedway offer that, but its not all a walk in the park, even down here.

No probs mate..

starman didnt say it was your fault. didnt say there wasnt some competition. i have praised Matt Ford in the way he promotes Poole Speedway. Matt Ford would still do a good job at any club. But the fact remains that ther simply isnt as much sport in the area. Its not an anti poole or anti Matt Ford topic.

what i dont need is jumped up nomarks like the know having a pop for no reason

Edited by Gavan