British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

Nice words from Matt Ford - congratulating the other 3 play-off teams. A very dignified interview in amidst all the celebrations in front of the Poole fans!! :t::cheers:

And only 1-0 to England in the footie with the whole 2nd half to come!! :D

Edited by Skidder1

Nice words from Matt Ford - congratulating the other 3 play-off teams. A very dignified interview in amidst all the celebrations in front of the Poole fans!! :t::cheers:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Congrats to all the Poole riders and team and the main man Mr Ford. We didn't beat them we thrashed over two legs. I am up 850 pounds which will be split between my two favorite charities . When ya live in Poole it's win, win,win. I will leave ya with two words, Ding Dong !!!! :-)

• Like 4

Commiserations to all you losers who don't support the Poole Pirates, the best Elite League team over the years !

Small wonder there's such hatred for Poole with tools like you.

Basic fact is the Brummies choked when it mattered.

• Like 7

British speedway choked when it mattered !

Edited by tyke

Look on the bright side smolinski is a gp rider, bloody woeful effort.

No surprise that Greg didn't bother trying once he won his league medal. Soon to disappear again.

:P

In all seriousness it was great to see Greg in the UK for part of a season - just a shame we cant supply an EL to be proud of with ALL the top boys here. :neutral:

• Like 2

10 out of 10 to whoever is in charge of the music choice at Perry Barr. As Poole raised the trophy out blasts Money, Money, Money. :t::rofl:

• Like 5

Congratulations to Poole.

A class above the rest through the play offs.

• Like 1

Small wonder there's such hatred for Poole with tools like you.

Let's face it, they just ran out of steam in the end. They've been riding above themselves all season and maybe could have done with a freshen up in the latter stages of the season, like a mystery injury or two, maybe a flu bug. Shame, just hope that the fans get to see the sport again in the city next year.

Congrats to all the Poole riders and team and the main man Mr Ford. We didn't beat them we thrashed over two legs. I am up 850 pounds which will be split between my two favorite charities . When ya live in Poole it's win, win,win. I will leave ya with two words, Ding Dong !!!! :-)

Surely at least a small bonus for young Kyle, The Know?! :wink::t: He showed the new GP rider the best way around his own track!!

Edited by Skidder1

Birmingham performed brilliantly throughout the season, but in a play off situation, top end power will usually prevail and Poole have that in bucketloads with Ward and Hancock.

Congratulations to Poole, when they list Holder they didn't just use guests and see the season out, they signed Hancock and rejigged the team, and went for it.

Matt Ford is a very competitive guy who wants to win, he does it within the rules, uses them when he needs to (just like Coventry did in 2010 to keep Pawlicki at reserve).

The Brummies just ran out of steam but should be proud of their season.

I

• Like 5

Congratulations Birmingham on winning the league. :t:

Congratulations to Poole on winning the Play offs. :t:

• Like 4