British Speedway Forum
pirateandi

Birmingham V Poole Grand Final 2nd Leg

Sky schedule shows Speedway EL Final 2nd leg on SS4 tues at 7pm

Yet on the Sky Sports speedway web site put up yesterday and still this this morning they cannot even get the channel correct

"The Birmingham promotion, in consultation with their Poole counterparts have acted swiftly to re-schedule the meeting for tomorrow - Tuesday 15th October - but with a slightly earlier start time of 7pm."

Watch the Elite League Grand Final live on Tuesday on Sky Sports 2 from 7pm

http://www1.skysport...r-in-birmingham

It is on the epg for SS4 and not SS2 as they have stated on their own web site

Edited by mike1944

Apparently Poole are unchanged from last Monday. Bad "illness" Dyer has.

• Like 1

I go back to my point. do you think if Poole had been less than 7 points up the meeting would have been stopped?

My own thoughts are yes. No matter what the score was the result should have stood in those terrible conditions.

Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Internet slang a Troll is a person (for example SteveBrum) ;)

who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,by posting inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment.

Well this statement proves beyond doubt how much of a troll Shovlar is.

Provokes people into an emotional response is exactly what he does and im as guilty as anyone to rise to it.

Apparently Poole are unchanged from last Monday. Bad "illness" Dyer has.

Dyers absence from PL and EL speedway has nothing to do with Poole.

So a much brighter day today and no reason why the meeting shouldn't go ahead. not sure why it has to start 30 minutes earlier though.

The track should produce some good racing as it would have been nice and evenly watered with all the rain, Think it should be a cracker. Loads of Poole fans still coming up although I do know several who now can't make it due to not getting time off work. A real shame for them.

Hopefully the Birmingham fans will still come out in force to support their club, and won't be put off by the England V Poland match on TV.

Bring it on!

Up The Pirates!

Not bad but compared to most top clubs who get a capacity crowd every week and they only had 22k for the spurs cup match.

Did you not see some of the crowds for the league cup games? 22k was one of the best considering the club gambled and didn't reduce admission by much.

My own thoughts are yes. No matter what the score was the result should have stood in those terrible conditions.

You would like to see fair play and i respect that Sherbourne.

But you know deep down there is absolutely no way that if Hancock had not have passed Bjerre that the meeting would have stopped.

I dont really blame Poole for this they were 7 points up and that was all that was needed. Meeting should have been called off before heat 10 or never started.

It was the way it was called off and the way Poole management and promoter acted.

I would hav had far more respect for Middlo if he had said conditions are not ideal but we need to at least try and get to heat 10 and hope we are 7 up. Instead he said rider safety was a concern when Iversen fell off yet was prepared to send his riders back out for a re run

Dyers absence from PL and EL speedway has nothing to do with Poole.

So a much brighter day today and no reason why the meeting shouldn't go ahead. not sure why it has to start 30 minutes earlier though.

The track should produce some good racing as it would have been nice and evenly watered with all the rain, Think it should be a cracker. Loads of Poole fans still coming up although I do know several who now can't make it due to not getting time off work. A real shame for them.

Hopefully the Birmingham fans will still come out in force to support their club, and won't be put off by the England V Poland match on TV.

Bring it on!

Up The Pirates!

For once you are right. But still the Poole feed is that he is unwell which is incorrect.

He has sold his equipment or it is up for sale and he has decided to quit the sport

For once you are right. But still the Poole feed is that he is unwell which is incorrect.

He has sold his equipment or it is up for sale and he has decided to quit the sport

In which case he is witholding his services which results in a 28 day ban and a facility for Redcar and Poole. Same result whatever scenario.

• Like 1

Did you not see some of the crowds for the league cup games? 22k was one of the best considering the club gambled and didn't reduce admission by much.

That was a mistake then, quite a few clubs reduce admission for cup matches.

Didn't realise that - A shame really, as when I'd watched him at Belle Vue, he'd done pretty well.

Its a psychological and mechanical virus which effects a rider's decision-making processes, causing them to feel sick. It can be very contagious and can often spread to vital parts of any mechanical equipment the rider has contact with!! Its a real shame that he's contracted this so late in the season, especially as he was showing signs of fighting it off earlier on in the season with a dose of 'takingZagarfromtheback'-itis!! Lets all hope for a speedy recovery! :o

Probably pulled down by the opposition as Villa are better supported than Spurs this season.

Mind you Man City only got 2,500 more for their match against the current FA Cup Holders, virtually half their average.

And Man Utd lost 10,000 off their average despite hosting arch rivals Liverpool.

Cup crowds these days are low in football; I mean in Elite League Speedway the cup crowds dipped to zero this year !!!

But villa have a bigger capacity than villa so that must come into the equation when evaluating support and there is a lack of interest in cup support these days,still go myself as unlike villa and and i believe spurs they reduce admission at my club.

I believe Neil Middleditch was asked the same question and responded 'What do you think'.

The majority of posters do not share your opinion.

Pirates needed the 4 points and IMO would have continued until we got them. Once the meeting started there was no reason why it wouldn't finish, though I agree it probably should never have started in the first place.

If the meeting had continued Poole would probably have won by 20+ points over 15 heats. Both set of riders agreed to ride the meeting so the blame for the result should not be apportioned to Poole. Once 7 up at heat 10 the job was done and Belle Vue had no interest or fight to continue the meeting, so it was called at ten. Middlo did his job as any team manager would. 7 up at ten? Call it off. Not 7 up? Lets ride on! If he didn't have that view he shouldn't be team manager.

Why some on here have got so queer about it is not really understandable. Would they had it gone 15 heats the result would still have been 4 points to Poole and we would have still been in the playoffs because Lakeside were rubbish away from home, whereas Poole were again good on their travels in 2013.

No one disagrees that conditions were diabolical. But due to the closeness of the playoffs and the need for the meeting to take place before them with deadlines forced by Sky, and no time to fit in the fixture again before the cutoff, it had to go ahead. It would have been more farcical if lakeside had made the playoffs because this meeting had not gone ahead in time.

All the APB will moan until the cows come home about it but even if the track had been dry Poole would have got the 4 points. I doubt anyone would disagree with that.

The right top 4 made the playoffs in the end and from there let the best team win. Poole fans certainly don't think the title is tarnished in any way, shape or form. Hopefully tonight at 9.30 we will be celebrating a brilliantly won Championship against all the odds.

Edited by Steve Shovlar