British Speedway Forum

Don't think much if Woffys tattoos personally but these days, they're pretty normal. Ok most have them hidden away but I can only think of one ex of mine who didn't gave a tattoo but he had piercings,

Really.. :o:D All very well Tai and speedway getting a bit of publicity now, but they should be doing something like this again in March..

Appearance is a personal choice and nobody else's business.

However before deciding on body art, it is advisable to consider if there are any health implications.

This article is worth a read : http://www.naturalne...ealth_skin.html

Please remember this Gustix has been on this forum many times in different alisas names. I think his real name is John Hyam a previous editor of Speedway Star but also giving many problems to others as 'Speedyguy' Jack keen, Olddun, and many others. Its not good when someone makes a point and uses other names to helpp them when they are invented. I thought he was bannd with all these many names but it seems its okay he come back now to become a problem once again..

http://www.esriblog.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/confused-baby-2.jpg

My guess is that - rightly or wrongly - humans have been assessing other humans for one reason or another since we first appeared on this planet - probably initially for safety reasons.

Im going to stick my neck out and say I believe EVERYONE on this forum does it.

Nowadays we make our assessments based upon generalisations.

These will be based upon lots of spurious facts such as sex, race, weight, age, occupation, diet, class, accent, clothes, tattos, EVEN type of car driven, and dog owned. And loads more. We all do it.

So the next time you are walking down a lonely dark alley in the dead of night and you come to a junction. On one side is a drunken guy built like Mike Tyson covered with tattoos, wearing a hoody and walking 3 out of control Rottweilers. On the other is a beautiful prancing young girl with a poodle - which way are you going to turn??

ps - I thought Tai came over pretty well on the BBC.

• Like 2

Nowadays we make our assessments based upon generalisations.

These will be based upon lots of spurious facts such as sex, race, weight, age, occupation, diet, class, accent, clothes, tattos, EVEN type of car driven, and dog owned. And loads more. We all do it.

Male, Caucasian, tubby, late 50s, scrap metal collector, high fat, lower, unintelligible, dirty white vest, lots-all misspelt, White Transit van, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, etc.

You're right, it's easy innit? :wink:

But how did you know about my dirty white vest??

• Like 2

Given that he is wearing kevlars and a helmet most of the time at a speedway track, you can't see them so what's the problem.

Tai's tattoos are special to him as all tattoos are to their owners, it's what he says and how he acts that will mark him out as a great champ as opposed to an ordinary one imo ......... so far so very good Tai :)

• Like 3

Please remember this Gustix has been on this forum many times in different alisas names. I think his real name is John Hyam a previous editor of Speedway Star but also giving many problems to others as 'Speedyguy' Jack keen, Olddun, and many others. Its not good when someone makes a point and uses other names to helpp them when they are invented. I thought he was bannd with all these many names but it seems its okay he come back now to become a problem once again..

So what , he's entitled to an opinion just like anybody else , What are these "Problems" having a different view on some things to the majority is not a problem to me ,

• Like 2

Whatever the problems facing the sport in this country at the moment (I believe the list is quite lengthy), British Speedway has just been handed the best marketing tool imaginable - a young,personable,charismatic World Champion who will engage with the future generation of Speedway enthusiasts - tats, piercings et al. Let's hope the powers that be don't waste this fantastic opportunity to attract youngsters to this great sport of ours. It's a good job the sport isn't run by blinkered, self-serving promoters who refuse to see the bigger picture.........?? :cry:

• Like 3

Be great if all the members of the BSPA took a trip to a Tattoo and Piercing parlour before the AGM. Down with the kids and all that!

I wasn't advocating that you switch your interest to F1. All I wanted to draw attention to is the clean cut way they present themselves off track. They are clean looking and immaculate. As I said presentable and acceptable to the public at large.

I'm not going to join in the chorus condemning your "people of low intelligence" remark as I fully understand the point you were trying to put across, however looking at your above quote the "public at large" are not exactly flooding into the Speedway stadia up and down the country so maybe a change of image will bring some much needed new blood into the sport.

As regards to other posters referring to "old Farts". Perlease! As part of that group I would prefer a little more respect, perhaps "the older generation with gastro/digestive problems" would be better.

I'm not going to join in the chorus condemning your "people of low intelligence" remark as I fully understand the point you were trying to put across, however looking at your above quote the "public at large" are not exactly flooding into the Speedway stadia up and down the country so maybe a change of image will bring some much needed new blood into the sport.

As regards to other posters referring to "old Farts". Perlease! As part of that group I would prefer a little more respect, perhaps "the older generation with gastro/digestive problems" would be better.

Sums me up rather well! :party: Edited by Ray Stadia
  • Like 1

If this has been posted elsewhere, I do apologise, but here is a link to a Guardian newspaper article, which is quite moving towards the end and is worth a read. Link:-

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/oct/11/tai-woffinden-speedway-world-championship-sport

As a pedant I could pick a few holes with it but it's actually not a bad article at all, probably far better than the sport deserves.