British Speedway Forum

Nie poddawaj się dzień pracy! :)

Some of us old enough to remember Finn Jensen will have heard all the fanfares and promises of great things before...only to have been let down.

Let's hope that this guy is the real deal and adapts quickly and bangs in the points, else it won't be long before Adam Skornicki will have recovered, gets his team place back, and that might be the last we see of Zmarzlik.

Bad fan

So why not support them for a change, give them credit where it is due. And stop making snide comments at their expense.

Let's hope that this guy is the real deal and adapts quickly and bangs in the points,

You only see the bits you want to see.

The guy hasn't scored a point yet and you're making him out to be a messiah. Well I hope you're right. Time will tell, but let's face it, it's only a short time. He'll only have a few weeks for the Brummies, so he's got to adapt quicker than Janowski, or either of the Pawlicki's did, if he's going to persuade anyone that he's capable of cutting the mustard in this country. It's no good saying "give him a few weeks", because in a few weeks, Adam Skornicki will be back. He not only has to hit the ground running, but hit the ground sprinting. If he can't do a decent job, then, well, you saw how the crowd turned on Kasprzak. He's had the big fanfare, now he has to live up to it, and I hope he does.

Stop being so negative Pedler, moan when nothing is done about the team ,and still moaning when something is done is there no pleasing you . Just give the promoter some encouragement he is doing more for Birmingham than you so get behind him,just give this kid a chance he as a good pedigree in Poland so lets wait and see.

• Like 4

The guy hasn't scored a point yet and you're making him out to be a messiah. Well I hope you're right. Time will tell, but let's face it, it's only a short time. He'll only have a few weeks for the Brummies, so he's got to adapt quicker than Janowski, or either of the Pawlicki's did, if he's going to persuade anyone that he's capable of cutting the mustard in this country. It's no good saying "give him a few weeks", because in a few weeks, Adam Skornicki will be back. He not only has to hit the ground running, but hit the ground sprinting. If he can't do a decent job, then, well, you saw how the crowd turned on Kasprzak. He's had the big fanfare, now he has to live up to it, and I hope he does.

I notice you've been highly selective with what you've quoted from my post, and your original post come to that.

Who's making him out to be a messiah? Not me. I'm saying the club is showing ambition in signing a highly rated 19 year old from Poland.

One last thought. I notice you compared Zmarzlik to Finn Jensen in your original post. Well, he wasn't crap all the time, was he? Frustrating, yes, because we all knew he could do it when the mood took.

So, my challenge to you stands. Are you now going to support Birmingham Speedway again, or not?

So, my challenge to you stands. Are you now going to support Birmingham Speedway again, or not?

Are we that desperate?

Are we that desperate?

Who knows? Sincerely, I hope we aren't. I just wish the individual concerned would either shut up or naff off and be completely negative elsewhere.

• Like 3

I'd like to think our crowds will be more knowledgable for someone new to British Speedway, Kazparkzak had been established in the UK for some time so there was no excuse with him, a kid finding his way deserves a bit more slack to an established No1 and GP rider.

• Like 2

Zmarzlik is an excellent talent and could be along with the likes of Dudek, Janowski, Pawlicki etc the future of Poland's world domination in the next decade and I have been a fan of his for some time and think its a great temporary signing for Brummies.

HOWEVER ...... Since his bad smash last season, he hasn't really been back to his old form and he is a bit of a home track rider for Gorzow which shows up with his scores this season so far with 23+1 from 10 rides at home and just 7 from 8 rides away.

He is a great talent though and hopefully he will get among the points during his short stay here and will certainly entertain in his racing style of full throttle. He nearly came to Britain last season but too many clash of dates prevented that hapening so hopefully his fixture list is a little less complex now

Zmarzlik is an excellent talent and could be along with the likes of Dudek, Janowski, Pawlicki etc the future of Poland's world domination in the next decade and I have been a fan of his for some time and think its a great temporary signing for Brummies.

HOWEVER ...... Since his bad smash last season, he hasn't really been back to his old form and he is a bit of a home track rider for Gorzow which shows up with his scores this season so far with 23+1 from 10 rides at home and just 7 from 8 rides away.

He is a great talent though and hopefully he will get among the points during his short stay here and will certainly entertain in his racing style of full throttle. He nearly came to Britain last season but too many clash of dates prevented that hapening so hopefully his fixture list is a little less complex now

His fixture list certainly is less complex this season,as he failed to get through the Polish qualifying for the world U21 championships.

Fin Jensen, I remember his time at Leicester.... He was either a world beater or pants, nothing in between with him....

Reading this thread, sure brings home the reality of the sport. Over the years the sport governor's have forgotten the basis rudiments required and concentrated on flash ideas and bright lights. Its all well talking about top riders, Foreign riders, fast bikes, rule cheating, but surely survival is the most important aspect of them all.

The bosses of BSPA don't seem to grasp that the basis of any sport, has to relate with Costs and VFM. Without them there is no chance of survival. Fans, will not continue to support anything that is not value for money. Unfortunately, money doesn't grow on trees, and most people have to work hard for it. To ask them to fitter it away for little reward is a recipe for disaster.

Being a Promoter of this sport must be sole destroying. Banging your head against the wall every day. Hoping your next meeting will be a good one when all the bills can get paid. Hoping to get good reviews to help generate a better crowd next time. Have we enough money to pay for fresh shale, and the site repairs. Don't forget the PA doesn't work properly, Got to get those sponsors sorted for the programme next week, Please don't rain. God it must be murder for those people who are trying to Promote the sport, and do it in a way to make a living. I feel for you all.

Taking all these aspects into consideration, we have to cut our materials to suit our clothe. We cannot compete with the big boys abroad. we need to take stock of what we can afford. Only then will there be a better chance of survival.......

Absolutely spot on with this post! Only a lottery winner would take on promoting a speedway team nowadays with the expectation of getting nothing in return!

It is a sorry state of affairs at the Brummies, In my opinion losing the likes of Phil Morris & Jason Doyle this season have turned away many supporters as the team left behind is sub standard to say the least! coupled with the fact there are No experienced Speedway people left behind running the Club, it is a recipe for disaster.

I think despite his good intentions Mr.Phillips has dug a massive hole in sand for himself.

People will not attend during these difficult financial times paying out a lot of money for a poor product, merely begging folk to attend will not work, AP Wants people to attend on Weds against Eastbourne but who is going to pay £15!

I hope something works out but it is hard to see how at the moment.

To be fairMoorski, there was no guarantee that Doyle would have ridden for us this year, he's not our asset so he was only on loan. As regards Eastborne, anyone who didn't go to this meeting missed out on an exciting match IMHO.

• Like 1

Great signing, one to watch, hopefully not another Mroz, young and eager I would think. Bring it on.

• Like 1

Good luck to the lad hope he doses well but nice to see some fans shooting him down already.

Where do you think he will ride in the riding order, might be best to put him with King or barker, as both have had a lot of laps at PB, it should be good on Wednesday.

Edited by P T Preece

To be fairMoorski, there was no guarantee that Doyle would have ridden for us this year, he's not our asset so he was only on loan.

That is true Judy but paying the Guy on time and not upsetting him might have helped as he was our best rider last season after all! And upsetting and losing Phil Morris to top it all!!

• Like 1