Conkers

Ice Racing 2013/14

FIM FIXTURES 2014

Motul Oil FIM Ice Speedway Gladiators World Championship

January 18th - Ice Speedway Gladiators Challenge Meeting - St. Johann, Austria

February 1st/2nd - Final 1, Krasnagorsk, Russia

March 8th/9th - Final 2, Assen, Netherlands

March 15th/16th - Final 3, Inzell, Germany

(According to the Russian forum, there is a possibility of another round being added at Blagoveshchensk, Amur Region in the Far East of Russia. But seeing as the MFR are making the Amur Club pay the travel costs of ALL the clubs in the Super League meeting I don't see it happening)

Motul Oil FIM Ice Speedway Gladiators Team Championship

February 8th/9th - Togliatti, Russia

FIM Europe European Championship.

February 15th - Semi-Final, Kamensk Ural, Russia

February 16th - Final, Kamensk Ural, Russia

RUSSIAN FIXTURES

Russian Team Championship

Super League

30.11-01.12 - Blagoveshchensk (Rounds 1 & 2)

22.02-23.02 - Ufa (Rounds 3 & 4)

01.03-02.03 - Togliatti (Rounds 5 & 6)

Teams: Togliatti, Ufa, Sterlitamak, Kamensk Ural, Blagoveshchensk, Samara, Sterlitamak

Premier League

07.12-08.12 - Novosibirsk (Rounds 1 & 2)

15.02-16.02 - Lukhovitsy (Rounds 3 & 4)

TBA (Rounds 5 & 6)

Teams: Saransk, Novosibirsk, Lukhovitsy, Samara II, Kumertau, Izhevsk,

Russian Individual Championship

14.12-15.12 Semifinal - Novosibirsk

14.12-15.12 Semifinal - Shadrinsk

14.12-15.12 Semifinal - Sterlitamak

14.12-15.12 Semifinal - Ufa

24.12-25.12 Final 1 - Togliatti

11.01-12.01 Final 2 - Ufa

Russian Junior Team Championship

04.01-05.01 Final - Kamensk Ural

Russian Junior Individual championship

18.01-19.01 Semifinal - Novosibirsk

18.01-19.01 Semifinal - Samara

18.01-19.01 Semifinal - Lukhovitsy

01.02-02.02 Final - Ufa

Cup of Russia

25.01-26.01 - Samara (Rounds 1 & 2)

08.02-09.02 - Shadrinsk (Stage 3 & 4)

08.03-09.03 - Novosibirsk or Krasnokamsk (Stage 5 & 6)

MFR Cup

25.01-26.01 - Sterlitamak (Rounds 1 & 2)

08.02-09.02 - Vyatskie Polyany (Rounds 3 & 4)

08.03-09.03 - Kumertau or Izhevsk (Rounds 5 & 6)

Other Competitions

05.02 - Samar Region Governors Cup (Togliatti )

22.02-23.02 - Vladimir Tsybrova Memorial Meeting ( Lukhovitsy)

Samara have signed Dmitri Khomitsevich from Togliatti to lead their Super League challenge

All the Russian Fixtures come from the Ice Speedway UK Facebook group.

Please feel free to add any other Ice Racing fixtures you know of to the thread.

I'm hoping to get to Assen and Inzell in 2014, with a possibility of the Russian Round or team final (Dependant on finances and Mrs C's decorating plans for me!)

Few Additional Fixtures:

Jan 5th - Steingaden, Germany

Jan 24-26th Sanok, Poland

Mar 7th - Roelof Thijs Bokall Assen, Netherlands

There are also meetings planned in Berlin, Austria and Flims Switzerland. Just hope there is a good cold winter

Weissenbach january 6 :) will be a nice weekend with Steingaden on the 5th.

Conkers, on what you base the FIM calendar?

Svemo had their isracing möte a few weeks back, looks like only one series this winter, no Elitserien and therefore Hammarby isn't bothered at all.

There are also meetings planned in Berlin, Austria and Flims Switzerland. Just hope there is a good cold winter

Just to point out to anyone interested in the trip.Berlin doesn't really require a "good cold winter" as it is an artificial track.Always a trip worth making as the track and of course the city are top notch

The challenge in Sankt Johann, Austria, will now be held on january 25th.

Conkers, on what you base the FIM calendar?

Svemo had their isracing möte a few weeks back, looks like only one series this winter, no Elitserien and therefore Hammarby isn't bothered at all.

I'm basing it on the information posted on several site including the Assen Site and the Russian Forum. The Russians tend to release their fixtures AFTER the FIM ones.

Conkers - do you know the times of the Sanok meetings??

At present I can't help you, but I understand they will be Friday Night and Saturday Afternoon as usual. As soon as I get the schedule I'll post it

Just to point out to anyone interested in the trip.Berlin doesn't really require a "good cold winter" as it is an artificial track.Always a trip worth making as the track and of course the city are top notch

It was just a general comment Doug, as Flims, St Johann, Weißenbach and Flims are natural tracks, who rely on the cold weather.

But Berlin would be nicer if it was cold and dry rather than their March Rainy season :)

Oh, and the Assen tickets are available here: http://www.ijsspeedway-assen.nl/en/tickets-2014.html

Edited by Conkers

It was just a general comment Doug, as Flims, St Johann, Weißenbach and Flims are natural tracks, who rely on the cold weather.

But Berlin would be nicer if it was cold and dry rather than their March Rainy season :)

Yes.I just wanted to point out to anyone who doesn't know,that the meeting in Berlin isn't reliant on cold weather to build a track.

And yes,one of the basic problems with Ice Speedway in continental Europe is that there isn't a single track that can be used often(generally more than one weekend per season)as the artificial tracks are mainly for speed skating and are only given over to Ice Speedway when their season has finished.Which means just about the time when the dirt track speedway season is starting.It means the season in Europe is pretty short and not condusive to building up a great audience and not helpful in bringing on a decent group of youngsters.The Russians don't have this problem and that is why they have a major advantage,unfortunately.It would be great to have one or two tracks in Europe where riders could go and train on a regular basis.This just ain't going to happen though

Any news on more racing/tracks in Switzerland as was announced last season,along with a revitalised Golden Spike series?

http://www.aktuellspeedway.se/news.php/2013/11/03/isracing-lagen-klara-inf-r-vintern.html

5 team series for the coming winter. I spoke with Seppänen last friday and he said that Svemo have been notified that a Finnish team wants to participate again. Deja vu, me thinks... Didn't they forget Team Finland last year as well. :lol:

Official FIM (and FIM Europe) calendar:

25.1.2014 - GP Challenge - St. Johann
1./2.2.2014 - GP1+2 - Krasnogorsk
8./9.2.2014 - Teams - Togliatti
15./16.2.2014 - Euro - Kamensk-Uralski
8./9.3.2014 - GP3+4 - Assen
22./23.3.2014 - GP 5+6 - Inzell

Swedish iceracing league fixtures 2014:

04.01.14 - Örnsköldsvik

05.01.14 - Östersund

11.01.14 - Norrköping

24.01.14 - Gävle

25.01.14 - Bollnäs

01.02.14 - Örnsköldsvik

02.02.14 - Östersund

21.02.14 - Gävle

22.02.14 - Bollnäs

01.03.14 - Norrköping

Thinking of doing Krasnogorsk next year. Has anybody made their own way there in the past? Wondered if there is any advice about obtaining tickets, getting there from Moscow or other guidance. I see there is a station not too far from the stadium and the Metro is not that far away. We have been to Moscow for football but got tickets through our team. Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Edited by Mr Ore

Thinking of doing Krasnogorsk next year. Has anybody made their own way there in the past? Wondered if there is any advice about obtaining tickets, getting there from Moscow or other guidance. I see there is a station not too far from the stadium and the Metro is not that far away. We have been to Moscow for football but got tickets through our team. Any guidance will be much appreciated.

I'm thinking of doing the same this year, although a few of us are talking about travelling together. I too would welcome advice, although I was chatting to a few Russians in Manchester for the City - Moscow match and all said it wasn't able to be reached by Metro, but was easy to get to. I'm assuming they have a rail system which runs in conjunction with the Metro.