British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing 2013/14

The GP season starts tomorrow with the first Grand Prix in Krasnogorsk (Moscow). The club will do a live stream through youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrUBQjnv8oQ (currently showing a replay of todays training).

I will post the results into the following race schedule: http://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/33/wk-ijsspeedway-gp-1-krasnogorsk.html

Racing starts at 15:00 Moscow time, so 11:00 UK time.

Is everyone getting just black screen or video about the guys taking photos? I mean could this be that FIM has not allowed to film the race?!

Ice racing individual Nordic final at Hyvinkää March 2nd. Presentation starts 12.30 local time.

The link from DutchGrasstrack seems to still be showing the practice.

I found a live stream below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQb8fIvJl8

ATB

Dave

I had the right stream. It was down for three first heats. Now working very good. A bit less coffee for camera man would be an improvement. ;)

edit. Any idea about the weather out there? Yesterday during the training ice seemed to shatter alot. During the start training all the guys rode very very carefully. Now, ice is still shattering a lot but guys are riding better. Is it risk or better weather?

edit 2. Have to admit that Im a bit amazed how good Aakko rode! 9p!!! hehe, so pumped with the points that I forgot semi-finals and final!

Edited by Bream

Yep, Zorn is on his way home where he will get checked up in a Austrian hospital tonight. He seem to have some problem with his hip after crashing twice.

GP 1 result:

1. Daniil Ivanov (2,3,3,3,3,3,3) 20
2. Dimitry Koltakov (2,3,3,2,3,3,2) 18
3. Dimitri Khomitsevich (3,2,2,3,2,2,1) 15
4. Vitaly Khomitsevich (3,2,2,2,3,2,0) 14
---
5. Igor Kononov (3,3,3,1,3,1) 14
6. Sergey Makarov (3,3,1,1,2,1) 11
7. Antti Aakko (1,1,3,3,1,0) 9
8. Stefan Svensson (1,1,2,0,2,0) 6
---
9. Per-Anders Lindström (1,0,2,2,1) 6
10. Vasily Kosov (2,1,2) 5
11. Harald Simon (0,2,0,2,0) 4
12. René Stellingwerf (2,1,1,R,0) 4
13. Jan Klatovsky (1,1,1,d,1) 4
14. Stefan Pletschacher (0,0,0,3,0) 3
15. Günther Bauer (2,0,0,1,0) 3
16. Evgeny Kosov (1,1) 2
17. Grzegorz Knapp (0,0,0,0,N) 0
18. Franz Zorn (d,N,N,N,N) 0

Zorn hopes to be back in Assen as he also broke his pubic bone.

Will be interesting to see wich rider is going to replace him Blagoveshchensk... Niedermaier is first in line, then Tani, Holstein, Posch and Haring.

Live stream link for today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8gjcXxkAuQ (riders presentation starts in 45 minutes)

Live results link: http://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/35/wk-ijsspeedway-gp-2-krasnogorsk.html

Zorn hopes to be back in Assen as he also broke his pubic bone.

Will be interesting to see wich rider is going to replace him Blagoveshchensk... Niedermaier is first in line, then Tani, Holstein, Posch and Haring.

Live stream link for today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8gjcXxkAuQ (riders presentation starts in 45 minutes)

Live results link: http://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/35/wk-ijsspeedway-gp-2-krasnogorsk.html

Going by Sgp rules, it's Niedermaier or he's out for the season from FIM meetings. Tani is going to the team final anyway, so I see no reason why not to take a place if offered...

Gating of the western riders is.. just horrible. Is Makarov a local rider? Crowd cheers for him a lot. Anyways, game is on when he is on the track and I like it.

Gating of the western riders is.. just horrible. Is Makarov a local rider? Crowd cheers for him a lot. Anyways, game is on when he is on the track and I like it.

Agree with all comments and also assumed a local connection regarding Makarov, although similar level of noise for the Kosov brothers. Svensson and Aakko made a fist of it and early on Saturday Stellingwerf looked like he may give it a go but flattered to deceive.

Not the greatest of meetings tbh but a good time, spent in the company of a group of amiable Russians on the back straight on Sunday, who plied us with copious amounts of rum, coffee and chocolate. As they said the Russian and. English elephants will always be friends, which when explained was great sentiment and is aparantly in Russian folklore.

Made our own arrangements and by Metro and train it cost less than £1.80 return from our central Moscow hotel to the track. Answering my earlier question on here it is possible to make your own arrangements to do Krasnogorsk and visa costs apart, which you can't avoid, for not that much.

Great range of beers in the Zhitgurli brewery last night, almost ruined by Denver's inept Superbowl attempt.

Agree with all comments and also assumed a local connection regarding Makarov, although similar level of noise for the Kosov brothers. Svensson and Aakko made a fist of it and early on Saturday Stellingwerf looked like he may give it a go but flattered to deceive.

Not the greatest of meetings tbh but a good time, spent in the company of a group of amiable Russians on the back straight on Sunday, who plied us with copious amounts of rum, coffee and chocolate. As they said the Russian and. English elephants will always be friends, which when explained was great sentiment and is aparantly in Russian folklore.

Made our own arrangements and by Metro and train it cost less than £1.80 return from our central Moscow hotel to the track. Answering my earlier question on here it is possible to make your own arrangements to do Krasnogorsk and visa costs apart, which you can't avoid, for not that much.

Great range of beers in the Zhitgurli brewery last night, almost ruined by Denver's inept Superbowl attempt.

Makharov rides for Moscow Suburbs Lukhovitsy, and quite a few people in the crowd were from there. The Kosovs are being hailed as The next big thing from Russia. The Novelty value of Twins riding in the same race had a few of the 'Togs trying to get them in the same frame whilst racing (have a look on the Saturday pics on my site). And the fact that apart from Dmitri K, who was seeded, Samara had the Wild Card AND the two reserves. They have a bit of clout at the moment.

On a personal note, I had a great time in Moscow, despite being ripped off by a Taxi Driver on my first night. Still, I'm going back next year, as I managed to get from my Hotel to the Stadium easily enough, and still managed to wire my reports and pics. I took the bare minimum of gear, so it looked like a tourist rather than a working 'tog.

Racing was great, and my pics are up on my site now http://iancharlesphotos.net/Image_Gallery/Image_Gallery.html and I made friends with fans from Togliatti and Lukhovitsy, as well as seeing some of my Russian Friends whom I generally only see in Assen.

Things to remember for next time:

1) Don't get a taxi from the airport :rofl:

2) Remember to take a spare LiOn battery for the camera and the charger (Thank you Good Shoot for the use of your charger in the press room on Sunday!)

3) Remember to take the hand warmers out of the bag for the aircraft hold and put them in the Camera Bag before going to the Stadium.

4) Find out the dates for 2015 as soon as possible :lol:

Edited by Conkers