British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NOBODY

Junior Leagues 2013

Hi Does anyone have the FULL scores/results of all NJL & MDL from this season. I know some are printed in S Star but not all & I do think their coverage of the junior system is seriously poor. Thanks.

And also can anyone help with the London Cup results/scores from the '50's onwards.

Hi Does anyone have the FULL scores/results of all NJL & MDL from this season. I know some are printed in S Star but not all & I do think their coverage of the junior system is seriously poor. Thanks.

And also can anyone help with the London Cup results/scores from the '50's onwards.

Thanks in part to Mimmo, and maybe 100% due to him, they are on the BSPA website under Junior Legues. Mike does an absolutely fantastic job of correlating these results and has listed riders averages as well. I recognise the format so I know that those are Mike's figures. A massive thanks must go to him for his dedication to Junior speedway.

Don't knock Speedway Star - it is better this year than it has ever been and they can only work with what they are given. Ask Mimmo how difficult it has been at times to get information from the teams.

• Like 2

Thanks for your kind comments Great Central.

As you suggested, they are my statistics on the BSPA website for both the MDL & NJL, and have been forwarded to the Speedway Star too.

I also agree that the Speedway Star shouldn't be knocked, and at the end of the day, they can only publish what they're provided with.

For the second year running it's been the hardest task I've ever untaken in trying to gather in all the results (i.e. heat details), so that I can work out the averages, as seen on the BSPA website.

The MDL hasn't been to bad, with the exception of a couple of clubs, thanks in no short measure to certain people that post on the BSF, for which I publically offer my thanks.

The NJL has been far more challenging, and to be honest I'd thought about not bothering on more than one occasion. But once again with the help of one club in particular, and a Workington supporter who has gone beyond the line of duty to secure certain information for me, I've managed to correlate the information for that league.

So all I can say to good people like you cheekyboys2, and of course you Great Central, is that I've done the best that I can do. Obviously they are not official records, and I can't guarantee that they are 100% accurate, but I bet they aren't far out, if at all.

Give me, or anyone else the tools and we can do the job, but if you don't, then it's rather sad for all those young riders that have ridden their socks off all summer, that they don't get to see their names in lights at the seasons end, for want of a better expression.

So to any clubs who might read this, and I believe the majority do, even though they don't post on here, next year if the junior leagues are still operating, please spend a couple of minutes to put the results on the BSF (not everybody lives in the world of Facebook). Then I, and anybody else who cares about correlating results for the kids who are the future of our beloved sport, can do so happy in the knowledge that we are probably using the correct information.

• Like 2

Excellent job, Mimmo.

Re. London Cup - if you can open Excel files, have a look here for results https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cqm1esjaw6ev7vd/zyPpMz-VVh

If you can't, let me know and I'll sort them into a PDF.

WOW, what a truly remarkable job you've done there, thank you very much indeed for sharing it with me.

WOW, what a truly remarkable job you've done there, thank you very much indeed for sharing it with me.

Thanks, but credit for these files lies elsewhere - I got them years ago to tidy the originals up a bit for someone, but I can't recall who produced the lists.

Mike, Fully agree agree with your comments. What a database of results to review on the long winter evenings!!