British Speedway Forum

He did, told the start marshal and when he spoke to Woffy he threw the spade and was made to change his helmet too

Maybe he should have told him to use the spade and shovel the dirt back to where it had come from. The damage had already been done. Just didn't think doing it in the first place was necessary

• Like 1

well done to Craig Cook not his biggest fan but credit where it's due he was excellent tonight.Harris really is on the slide that was poor tonight,Wright and Garrity showed some of the bigger names up.

• Like 1

Wasn't it lucky that there just happened to be one where he just happened to look :shock:

Appears to be nothing in the rules but thought it was against the spirit of the rules

Ales ain't been rocketing out the starts at the showground , I'll sponsor him a bucket and spade if it helps ,seems some think it's ok

He did, told the start marshal and when he spoke to Woffy he threw the spade and was made to change his helmet too

In that case, bit late then. He'd been using the rake prior to the previous re-run.

• Like 1

he didn't exactly bail out, there was enough contact for him to go down... But he caused half of it himself... Racing incident ref will nearly always exclude the rider who knocks the other off ... Right or wrong.

and yet another stupid rule that speedway should get rid of..

nicholls had the line and was in front therefore harris knew he had only one chance and that was to lean across..

he tried and nicholls kept his line (which he is entitled to do) and harris fell off...

therefore why couldnt the ref decide it was 50/50 and a racing incident, so all four back??

controversy, entertainment, danger, that is what the re run would have brought...

and that is exactly what we as fans want to see and pay their hard earned to watch,,,,,

ruined a possible great semi final taking one of them out on a 50/50 call ...... :icon_smile_clown:

Maybe he should have told him to use the spade and shovel the dirt back to where it had come from. The damage had already been done. Just didn't think doing it in the first place was necessary

Fair Play, Integrity, Sportsmanship etc it was a bit out of order but we're unfortunately talking about modern day sport, and that's ALL sports. If there is no rule they will find it. Not saying it's right but Tai hasn't actually done anything wrong had he

Nothing in the rules and regs about riders 'preparing' their starting grid as far as I can see. So why not move on from personal shovels and rakes and let riders bring their own tractor, with the obligatory 'wonder wheel'? I wonder who'll be the first rider to do it? After all, using one of them can't possibly take any longer than is currently being allowed by weak referees and start marshals.

I have to disagree with any negative comment so far tonight....

The cream rises to the top and even with shovel gate he was the white froth on the top of the champaine tonight in the final, didnt miss a gate out of the four!

There great racing all night, some great talent on show and some great performances who really took themselves to the next level. Garity beating Woffy, Cook and Barker top scoring there was so much on offer and I loved every second of it!

Good close raceing and meeting and apart from Woffinden have an edge in the final I couldnt call it all night!

Brilliant night of speedway!

• Like 1

In that case, bit late then. He'd been using the rake prior to the previous re-run.

:lol: he was advised about that too, hence why he went for the spade the 2nd time instead of the rake :lol:

• Like 3

Oh crikey so yes Woffinden might have got an advantage from shovelling the material but it was all in jest because of Cookie over-gardening before the previous start!

He actually missed the gate in the end and had to pass!

• Like 1

If it's such a crime why didn't the ref ring down to the start line and tell them to pack it in?

Weak.

I see the Tai haters are out in force!

They should present Woofy with a Golden Rake. Hilarious but probably against the rules

If it was he would have been excluded. Guess you have the answer. :t:

Very disappointing from Bomber. His star is clearly waning,

Really? Thought that started bout 5 years ago!

Surely its time for the British final to now move to another venue. we have the same problem every year in the final but this year was a joke

With so much on the final what makes anyone seriously think coming together`s wont happen at any other track. The usual lame excuse.

I am all for moving the event around on a yearly basis, but yet again Doc and Wolves provided an awesome track to race on.

Has there been a track record break on SKY this year yet? Just saying! :t:

well this was one of the worst long winded British finals in a long time.

The only highlight was Jason Garrity who was brilliant, stand out rider of the night. keeps getting better and better. good interviews as well.

Lost a lot of respect for Tai. He already has the advantage of it being on his track, but then gains even bigger advantage by using the rake and then shovel to take dirt from another riders gate and add it to his! shocking. when I have seen him lately, he has come across as vert big headed which is a shame to see.

Surely its time for the British final to now move to another venue. we have the same problem every year in the final but this year was a joke

LOL.

Am I the only person to see the funny side of what Tai was doing? :D

Are you still a teacher by the way? :o

• Like 3

and yet another stupid rule that speedway should get rid of..

nicholls had the line and was in front therefore harris knew he had only one chance and that was to lean across..

he tried and nicholls kept his line (which he is entitled to do) and harris fell off...

therefore why couldnt the ref decide it was 50/50 and a racing incident, so all four back??

controversy, entertainment, danger, that is what the re run would have brought...

and that is exactly what we as fans want to see and pay their hard earned to watch,,,,,

ruined a possible great semi final taking one of them out on a 50/50 call ...... :icon_smile_clown:

was a50/50 call IMO but Harris made the mistake on the 4th bend which let Nichols get along side him so he should have been ex in my book,you just can't turn in on the opponent when he has reached the bend alongside you.

With so much on the final what makes anyone seriously think coming together`s wont happen at any other track. The usual lame excuse.

I am all for moving the event around on a yearly basis, but yet again Doc and Wolves provided an awesome track to race on.

Has there been a track record break on SKY this year yet? Just saying! :t:

I also think these events should be shared out but only when other tracks start actually preparing their race strips properly. Right now in the EL only Wolves, King's Lynn and Birmingham deserve any

• Like 1