British Speedway Forum

Has Woffy had the appropriate training and the certification to use a shovel.

You mean rubbish shoveling? I assume after his rubbish stiring on twitter in the day he was fully qualified :D

if it had been Pedersen then Harris wouldnt have fallen at the first bend....

....he wouldve been through the fence before they reached the start/finish line.

rubbish

Really enjoyed my 1st trip to Wolverhampton, and my 1st British Final. Woffinden was a worthy was if not unexpected Champ. Delighted to see a couple of hunger riders getting up on the rostrum, hopefully Cook does himself justice at Cardiff.

As advised I got there early, and got into the car park, guy on gate was extremely helpful, as I had pre-paid tickets he showed me to the speedway office, I also had a rain-off ticket from the Berwick GP, sadly neither Mr Adams nor Mr Van Straten knew if I could use this ticket. I was told I had to wait till George English turned up for him to sort out, this he did so I was able to use the ticket.

Couple of things, Wolves could do with an extra gate open for when we were leaving Monmore Green, and it was strange to see Lewis Bridger setting off for a run a couple of hours before the meeting. One big plus for Wolves was the centre green presenter, thoroughly entertaining, though not sure about the dancing.

All in all I`m delighted to experience Wolves Speedway. :approve:

• Like 4

Has Woffy had the appropriate training and the certification to use a shovel.

This one is more appropriate

http://www.safetyvideos.com/How_To_Use_A_Shovel_Safely_Training_Video_p/5-0009.htm

unless he turns up with one of these at Cardiff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTPKbn5E654

Edited by A ORLOV

Watched the rerun on Skt Sports 4 last night trimmed down to just the racing and a few interviews and was still 2.5 hours long!
Enjoyable meeting though. Barker and Cook rode well, Garrity was great. Would like to see him in the SWC team. Arent going to win it so might as well let him gain the experience. Nicholls was unlucky, Ive sponsored him in the past and like the guy a lot but it was 50 50 difficult call to make. Essentially it did look like he took Bombers leg away so he was excluded. Tough call he was within his rights to be angry but having a go at Harris probably wasnt the best idea.

I feel sorry for Barker. He rode well and tried 100% last night as he always does. I was at Rye House v Plymouth when I was back in the UK the other month and watched him not only score a max but come over speak to the Plymouth fans that had made the long journey. Sat and listened as he was speaking to them & came across as a right nice fella. No idea why he seems unpopular with the other riders, but what do I know.

I think it's definately time for a change of venue. Not because Wolves is a bad track, or because it's advantageous for Tai, but because we moan we're never prepared for the big continental tracks then hold our national championship on a tight tricky track like Wolves. Maybe P'boro, Lynn, Sheffield, Coventry would be beteer. Bigger track thats still fairly easy for people to get to...
Anyway well done Tai, Jason G in particular and to all on a very enjoyable race meet.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for Barker............................................ No idea why he seems unpopular with the other riders.

He ate a moth once, allegedly.

if it had been Pedersen then Harris wouldnt have fallen at the first bend....

....he wouldve been through the fence before they reached the start/finish line.

If it had been Pedersen, Harris wouldn't have been anywhere close to him anyway!

• Like 1

Really enjoyed my 1st trip to Wolverhampton, and my 1st British Final. Woffinden was a worthy was if not unexpected Champ. Delighted to see a couple of hunger riders getting up on the rostrum, hopefully Cook does himself justice at Cardiff.

As advised I got there early, and got into the car park, guy on gate was extremely helpful, as I had pre-paid tickets he showed me to the speedway office, I also had a rain-off ticket from the Berwick GP, sadly neither Mr Adams nor Mr Van Straten knew if I could use this ticket. I was told I had to wait till George English turned up for him to sort out, this he did so I was able to use the ticket.

Couple of things, Wolves could do with an extra gate open for when we were leaving Monmore Green, and it was strange to see Lewis Bridger setting off for a run a couple of hours before the meeting. One big plus for Wolves was the centre green presenter, thoroughly entertaining, though not sure about the dancing.

All in all I`m delighted to experience Wolves Speedway. :approve:

Glad you enjoyed the experience and glad you enjoyed our Porkie.

He is a one off!

rubbish

I dont think AJ would agree following his experience a while back.
  • Like 1

Glad you enjoyed the experience and glad you enjoyed our Porkie.

He is a one off!

I`d like to see him up doing a Berwick meeting, him and our third bend gang are a marriage made in heaven. :D

• Like 1

Great viewing last night, congratulations to a worthy champion (Tai, not Tia as some seem to call him!)

Gutted for Barker who could well have beaten Cook but for his apparent injury

Rider of the night, though, clearly was Jason Garrity - well done, sir, and a fine interview too!

King unlucky to be discluded early on

Nicholls let himself down with his childlike comments regarding Harris, as there was clearly contact on successive bends, and Scott had to go as the cause of Harris falling and the race being halted - I doubt very much riders will take a high speed fall deliberately, other than to lay down behind a fallen rider

• Like 1

Very good meeting with some great rides from the young riders. Barker impressed and Cook. Kennett slow as a snail and should maybe look for a new career and Bridger fast but all over the place and does not ride with his head. Maybe he should join Kennett at Mc Ds.

First of all good job by Cookie and can't wait to see him at Cardiff .

As for Woffy's starting gate antics what is the differance between that and the last race of the second leg of the 2012 PL final when most the Scunny team came out and help "Prepare" the gates for the home team. In both incidents the ref took no action so it can't be against the rules. Last night in one race late on Woffy also balanced his bike between the ruts on the starting gate. A move that was called high risk by the TV puntits. but it worked I don't see anybody putting posts about that that or 2 riders almost coming to blows on the start line and the starting marshall having to walk between gates 1, and 2 as a result.

People are also on about home advantage but surly that is the same no matter where the Final is held, 1 or 2 riders will have an advantage. On an indiviual meeting this isn't such a big problem as against something like the 4's where a home rider is out every race