British Speedway Forum

I just dont understand how anyone can say Scott was at fault, Chris was behind and laid the bike on scott to get him excluded,you cant dictate the race when you are not in front,Did scott cause the stoppage NO Chris did, scott was still racing,it was chris who laid the bike down and laid on the track, have I came of a bike at 60 mph yes, would I do it to win the British final you bet your life,Speedway is the biggest loser again, A rider wins the Brits again on his home track again,on a track not fitting to the Championship, Poole would be best hardly ever any british riders get a ride at the club these days so its about as neutral as you can get, Is Scott childish for his tweets no not really he was robbed by a ref who saw what Pederson does all the time take a dive and then throw his arms up in the air, I dont know when Speedway started turning into this pantomine that seems to be at the moment, but its not good, this fan who has been watching Grass and speedway for 45 years is fast getting disillushioned with the sport, and when bikes are getting faster and tracks smaller etc someone is going to get hurt again.

I just dont understand how anyone can say Scott was at fault,

Respected speedway riders Tatum and Louis both seemed to suggest they thought it was the right decision. Neither said it was wrong to exclude Nicholls.

• Like 1

Scott hasn't ridden him to the fence, Harris had room to move off the line so he could put his foot down to turn the bike, but like I said those two were no going to give an inch, the other way round I think exactly the same would have happened.

No one has said that Nicholls rode Harris to the fence!!!

There was contact between the two whilst racing, causing Harris to fall

Interesting point I have not watched the programme again from last night But I thought Tatum said Looking from that camera angle Nicholls is clearly in front and has the racing line, to hard to call Nigel.

They should present Woofy with a Golden Rake. Hilarious but probably against the rules

Well he "cheats" in 90% of the GP races (by rolling at the start) so he thought he'd find a different way to cheat at the British Final!.

No one has said that Nicholls rode Harris to the fence!!!

There was contact between the two whilst racing, causing Harris to fall

so the decision was who caused the contact?

Nicholls - in front and on a normal racing line who turns at the exact point he wouldve even if riding alone.

Harris - behind and cutting in left on a line that wouldve seen him clip unnaturally across the apex of turn 1 had he have taken it on his own.

I for one am glad Tai won the British Final again, he's the best thing about British speedway at the moment, world champ and current leader, the alternatives don't compare. Got to be better then roller cook, barnpot barker or on the slide Bomber, as for the gardening, I thought it was quite funny and the ref could have put a stop to it if he wanted.

• Like 4

Why is everyone waffling on about Nicholls being in front at the time of the impact? Sure he may have got a wheel ahead, but only by barging through Harris did he get his nose in front.

Why is everyone waffling on about Nicholls being in front at the time of the impact? Sure he may have got a wheel ahead, but only by barging through Harris did he get his nose in front.

Finally, you accept Nicholls was in front, so the decision was wrong. Glad we cleared that up.

Hard racing incident, and could have gone either way. Whoever was excluded would have been upset, but personally i thought Bomber was leaning in on Scotty because he knew he was getting beat..

• Like 1

Wasn't it lucky that there just happened to be one where he just happened to look :shock:

Appears to be nothing in the rules but thought it was against the spirit of the rules

Probably a shovel for lifting dog crap from the parade ring, there was some crap lying on the first turn too. :t::drink:

People saying Harris bailed out.... If that's the case he got more of a shove the bend before... Racing incident, tough call that could have went either way

so the decision was who caused the contact?

Nicholls - in front and on a normal racing line who turns at the exact point he wouldve even if riding alone.

Harris - behind and cutting in left on a line that wouldve seen him clip unnaturally across the apex of turn 1 had he have taken it on his own.

what is a normal racing line??... Harris had no choice where he was as nicholls was along side him, surely he can't go straight on and not turn or try blast around the outside??

The ref called the only decision possible in the situation. Couldn't call a rerun with all 4, someone has to go. Nothing really to justify excluding Harris, only option was the charging inside rider, slightly influenced by being a tad out of control on bend 4. Would like to have seen Nicholls in the final.

Well done Tai, what a last race four starts, lots of crashes, shame for Ben B, hope he hasnt broken that collar bone.

Good luck to Cookie in Cardiff he has come a long way from being a reserve at Buxton now a GP wild card.

Kennett,Lanham and Boxall out of there depth, Garrity star of the future.

Very few Start Marshalls have any influence or impact - most just stand and wave their arms and walk away.

There should be some recognised best practice which can be shared so there is consistency and riders know to expect that they will be directed.