British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

I have watched a fair bit of Polish speedway, but not a lot of Swedish speedway. I have thoroughly enjoyed the product on offer in Poland and personally I do not believe next years British speedway will be anywhere near as good as Polish speedway.

It is about £8 a meeting for an Adult in Poland.

Spot on Elephantman.

The promoters know they are in the rubbish but don't know how to pull themselves out of this nose dive. The solutions are there but they are too ignorant to explore them, instead they have diluted the product beyond any value in a last ditch attempt to retain a few of the current supporters.

We need to show the promoters some tough love and show them we will not stand for this. There are far better options and they need to get on them before it's too late.

Seeing as you have declared that you're not going to Elite league Speedway any more and that you are going to travel to Poland to watch meetings, shouldn't you now be on the Polish forums? This really isn't anything to do with you any more, is it? I don't tell Poles or Swedes or whatever, what to do. To be honest, I'm not that interested in them, I am interested in the 2014 proposals for the Elite league, I like the idea of more fixtures, more continuity and more Brits. I wish it well and am prepared to support it and give it a fair go.
  • Like 4

This works with "off the shelf" products, sometimes, when there are millions of users..... remember "Mars Bars" "Coca Cola"

But with a minority sport (compared to say footy or rugby) I think not..

However, like a trees/shrubs, giving it a good old severe pruning, does mostly enable them to come back stronger/better looking/controllable. .. so although not an absolute hatchet job of "pruning the speedway tree" it might be enough to invigorate it to start the long growth back to a decent form....

Or more likely as Pte Jock Frazer used to say in 'Dad's Army' on TV: "We be doomed - we all be doomed."

Seeing as you have declared that you're not going to Elite league Speedway any more and that you are going to travel to Poland to watch meetings, shouldn't you now be on the Polish forums? This really isn't anything to do with you any more, is it? I don't tell Poles or Swedes or whatever, what to do. To be honest, I'm not that interested in them, I am interested in the 2014 proposals for the Elite league, I like the idea of more fixtures, more continuity and more Brits. I wish it well and am prepared to support it and give it a fair go.

Foamfence you are so deluded. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Foamfence you are so deluded. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I've often thought that of you. Doubtless your nonsense will continue,just because you didn't get what you wanted.

I've often thought that of you. Doubtless your nonsense will continue,just because you didn't get what you wanted.

How old are you? Too old to understand what I'm talking about right? You don't own a smartphone, you don't know what a tablet is and the internet is a scary and confusing world for you? Am I right?

The sport has fallen on it's backside because people like you are in control of it. I am an expert in marketing, it is what I do and it is how I make my living. I know exactly what I'm talking about and if more people took note the sport wouldn't be in this sorry mess. People like you won't be happy until every match is a NL match with half a dozen fans in attendance.

If you don't understand it you should make an effort to learn and embrace it, not resist it and become hostile towards change.

I don't mean to cause any offense and I would be very upset if I had thought I had hurt or upset somebody on here. I don't mind if you or every single member on this forum think otherwise, as I have said before, it will be me who has the last laugh, albeit a very hollow and sadly avoidable one. At least I can find solace in knowing I tried my hardest while there was still time to change.

Edited by Synikalle

I'm not interested in what Sweden and Poland choose to do; I'm more concerned at the Elite League who will agree policy on the hoof in the hope it will get supporters on-side. Have you noticed collective amnesia on how crap the Elite League product was last year?It is pathetic; this has nothing to do with helping "young Brits" there is the NL and the PL through which they should be able to progress if they have the talent and the money for suitable equipment. This is about a failed "Elite" league that is grasping at straws to get supporters on side, while at the same time deflecting scrutiny of the real issues. Look at the Birmingham debacle; this is a poorly run league; end of!

One of the best posts on this thread, i went to every meeting at the Abbey last year and i can with regret say most weeks you were lucky to see three or four decent races a night.Dragged out meetings, R/R, guests, D/uppers missing ( lack of meetings in which people got used to not going and spending there money on other things.At the end of the season i believed speedway had a chance to forget about Sky and revamp the EL again they have again shirked the real issues.What amazes me is that with the sport in the sh.. the fans have again not had any input on any of the decisions being made a big mistake in my view.Synikalle i can understand his frustration, but i hope he reconsiders his intention of not going in England again as he will miss the sport as i would if i stopped going.Fingers crossed i hope the changes work out, i will always support the sport i believe it is in your blood and for alot of people it becomes a habit which you have for life.

How old are you? Too old to understand what I'm talking about right? You don't own a smartphone, you don't know what a tablet is and the internet is a scary and confusing world for you? Am I right?

The sport has fallen on it's backside because people like you are in control of it. I am an expert in marketing, it is what I do and it is how I make my living. I know exactly what I'm talking about and if more people took the time to listen and pay attention the sport wouldn't be in this sorry mess. People like you won't be happy until every match is a NL match with a dozen fans in attendance.

If you don't understand it you should make an effort to learn and embrace it, not resist it and become hostile towards change.

I don't mind if you think otherwise, as I have said before, it will be me who has the last laugh, albeit a very hollow and avoidable one.

Wrong on all counts! With the possible exception of the age. Why don't you concentrate on those who are more receptive to your "talents"? You encouraged others to follow you out of supporting British Speedway, is that a sample of your "marketing"? Can't get what you want so throw your toys out the pram? What you really are is a supercilious control freak. I wont waste any more time on you, I'm too busy looking forward to and planning to support what promises to be an exciting and interesting season.
  • Like 1

Wrong on all counts! With the possible exception of the age. Why don't you concentrate on those who are more receptive to your "talents"? You encouraged others to follow you out of supporting British Speedway, is that a sample of your "marketing"? Can't get what you want so throw your toys out the pram? What you really are is a supercilious control freak. I wont waste any more time on you, I'm too busy looking forward to and planning to support what promises to be an exciting and interesting season.

So I was right then. Who will replace you in a years to come? Nobody.

No, I didn't encourage anybody to stop supporting British Speedway, there is a distinct difference between abandoment and peaceful protest. I think you need to go back to school and sharpen up on your reading skills.

It's time to wake up. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and at times like these actions seem to speak far louder than words. I have wasted a million words, many hours, and money from my own pocket trying to encourage real change within speedway but they have fallen upon deaf ears, with the exception of a few who have resoundingly agreed with me (a couple of promoters and many riders).

I'm afraid the truth is it will not be an exciting and interesting season. Riding standards will drop immensly, tracks will fall into an even more abysmal, attendances will follow and you will be left with egg on your face and no decent speedway to watch.

Keep on living in your dream world ;)

sport
noun
1. an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
compete
verb
1. strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others.
superior
adjective
1. higher in rank, status, or quality.
The plans offered by our promoters to dilute the sport futher are completely against the basic principles of the word "sport". Wake up.
Edited by Synikalle

To be fair a lot of us thought we knew it all when we were young!

• Like 3

Synikalle, genuine question from when you say that you have tried to do something before it's too late - have you offered your services and expertise in Marketing/Social Media to British Speedway or any of its Clubs?

I have watched a fair bit of Polish speedway, but not a lot of Swedish speedway. I have thoroughly enjoyed the product on offer in Poland and personally I do not believe next years British speedway will be anywhere near as good as Polish speedway.

It is about £8 a meeting for an Adult in Poland.

Spot on Elephantman.

The promoters know they are in the rubbish but don't know how to pull themselves out of this nose dive. The solutions are there but they are too ignorant to explore them, instead they have diluted the product beyond any value in a last ditch attempt to retain a few of the current supporters.

We need to show the promoters some tough love and show them we will not stand for this. There are far better options and they need to get on them before it's too late.

Do you think that they will 'dilute' the Price of Entry as well? :shock: :shock: :blink:

• Like 2

Synikalle, genuine question from when you say that you have tried to do something before it's too late - have you offered your services and expertise in Marketing/Social Media to British Speedway or any of its Clubs?

Hi Reliant Robin,

Yes I have offered my services to every single club on an individual basis. Most importantly I have offered these services entirely free of charge, the success of the sport I love with a passion is far more rewarding than any financial gain. I have had some fantastic feedback from the likes of Chris Louis and several elite league promoters. I have also spoken to several riders who seem to think the promoters are beyond reason. I have spoken to many people working within speedway and the general feedback I have recieved is it is "their way, or no way".

Anybody who knows me will know I love the sport with a passion and I speak out because of this. This sort of thing is how I make my living and I have seen many businesses go the same way as speedway, but equally I have seen many businesses excel beyond their wildest dreams by utilising social media and modern day marketing in the right way. I'm not here to argue a point and throw my toys out the pram, I would love more than anything to be proven wrong but I have seen this time and again and I fear that I am completely right.

We are all here because we love the sport, but we must remember that above all speedway is a business within the entertainment industry and certain actions must be taken to remain relevant and survive. Survival is all about adapting to ever changing conditions. If you do not respond rapidly to changes in the world then you will not survive.

Do you think that they will 'dilute' the Price of Entry as well? :shock: :shock: :blink:

I think we both know the answer to that one White Knight :D

Edited by Synikalle
  • Like 2

Hi Reliant Robin,

Yes I have offered my services to every single club on an individual basis. I have had some fantastic feedback from the likes of Chris Louis and several elite league promoters. I have also spoken to several riders who seem to think the promoters are beyond reason. I have spoken to many people working within speedway and the general feedback I have recieved is it is "their way, or no way".

Anybody who knows will know I love the sport with a passion and I speak out because of this. This sort of thing is how I make my living and I have seen many businesses go the same way as speedway, but equally I have seen many businesses excel beyond their wildest dreams by utilising social media and modern day marketing in the right way. I'm not here to argue a point and throw my toys out the pram, I would love more than anything to be proven wrong but I have seen this time and again and I fear that I am completely right.

We are all here because we love the sport, but we must remember that above all speedway is a business within the entertainment industry and certain actions must be taken to remain relevant and survive. Survival is all about adapting to ever changing conditions. If you do not respond rapidly to changes in the world then you will not survive.

I think we both know the answer to that one! :t:

Sadly - you are right. :sad: :sad:

It will surprise no-one when I say that I preferred the 'old days' myself. :sad: :sad:

You are right about that too Synikalle. (Price reduction).

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Sadly - you are right. :sad: :sad:

It will surprise no-one when I say that I preferred the 'old days' myself. :sad: :sad:

You are right about that too Synikalle. (Price reduction).

Are these the good old days which are dead, buried and never going to be resurrected again.

You have to move on, and look forward as change is with us, despite the likes of Synikalle and his expensive marketing ideas. The sport itself has to change and go back to being viable, trying to bring on British riders in the process, and become more acceptable to a new younger audience.

Harping on about the old days, and applauding anybody who is having a gripe at anything speedway, doesn't make you a very dedicated follower of speedway in my book. If you are that disillusioned by it all, there are other alternatives.

• Like 2

Are these the good old days which are dead, buried and never going to be resurrected again.

You have to move on, and look forward as change is with us, despite the likes of Synikalle and his expensive marketing ideas. The sport itself has to change and go back to being viable, trying to bring on British riders in the process, and become more acceptable to a new younger audience.

Harping on about the old days, and applauding anybody who is having a gripe at anything speedway, doesn't make you a very dedicated follower of speedway in my book. If you are that disillusioned by it all, there are other alternatives.

Tsunami I understand what you are saying but you are wrong. The "good days" are well within reach I promise you. My marketing ideas are not expensive, they can be done for as little as ZERO. If money were to be spent it need not be very much, a small monthly commitment from each club (clubs with higher attendances could commit more) could solve attendance issues within just a few seasons.

I invite any promoter who see's the sense in what I say to contact me (I know they are reading this now) and I will show you just how much can be done without spending a single penny. What have you got to lose?