British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

Laughing stock..... Be interesting to gauge crowds next season.... They could lose even more than these cuts will save, if fans vote with their feet.

• Like 1

I just wonder if its a tactic to try and "force" some youg British talent through over a "single mad" season........? Perhaps it might work? Instead of NL riders getting bogged down in premier league teams, season after season, the ones with a bit more ambition, might be able to take the bigger step up. If you go back to the 60's / 70's you didn't have British League reserves getting mega silly points at reserve, you probably now won't see a heat leader out of form deliberatley getting excluded, as there wont be the big reserve there to replace them....

Someone has just put on Twitter, that the NL reserves will be graded A & B and those will be allocated to the teams by the Management Committee.

Utter shambles.... Protect our pocket and shaft the fans... Only glad my club is PL

How is this going to develop NL riders blobby?? That is what the NL is for surely??

Took longer than i thought for someone to bite!

But seriously though it is joke and is NOT for the better of the sport that is for sure!

• Like 1

Someone has just put on Twitter, that the NL reserves will be graded A & B and those will be allocated to the teams by the Management Committee.

They will be allocated?

It gets better!

I see nothing wrong with that at all!

I just wonder if its a tactic to try and "force" some youg British talent through over a "single mad" season........? Perhaps it might work? Instead of NL riders getting bogged down in premier league teams, season after season, the ones with a bit more ambition, might be able to take the bigger step up. If you go back to the 60's / 70's you didn't have British League reserves getting mega silly points at reserve, you probably now won't see a heat leader out of form deliberatley getting excluded, as there wont be the big reserve there to replace them....

Yes but it seems they won't be riding against EL riders, just against each other. So it's just a mini NL match. That will not improve them although neither would riding against EL riders when the vast majority will not be ready for it. They need more opportunities in the PL not the EL.

Edited by NJC71
  • Like 3

That'll be fun. Lambert gets allocated to Poole....

As a staunch Leicester supporter I think someone's taking the Fosters. There is no way on God's earth I'm going to buy a season ticket to watch national league speedway. We've joined the so called elite league to have more local teams to ride against & we've replaced one of them. The sport I love is a bloody joke.

• Like 2

Perhaps a key comment from Jon Cook on the Hammers site :

"Clubs will be allocated their riders at a draft meeting at the sports Rugby HQ early next month and there will be a change of race format to produce two reserve races. The Hammers expect the first rider they are allocated to be Adam Ellis who signed a full contract for the club at the end of the 2012 season."

As a staunch Leicester supporter I think someone's taking the Fosters. There is no way on God's earth I'm going to buy a season ticket to watch national league speedway. We've joined the so called elite league to have more local teams to ride against & we've replaced one of them. The sport I love is a bloody joke.

Looks like the PL is the place to be.Unlucky
  • Like 2

That'll be fun. Lambert gets allocated to Poole....

Lambert had indicated he wouldnt ride NL so wouldnt be elligible for a reserve berth in the EL if he stuck to this decision!!

To be honest my immediate reaction is I've had enough and won't be back next year. The 6 team play-offs in the PL doesn't work yet is retained again along with the Tactical rules which I detest. I don't need to be spend £20 every Sunday, I can easily do something else.

• Like 3