British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

Just so that people can see how it works in Sweden and Poland here are the race formulae:

Sweden

1 1 2 1 2

2 6 7 6 7

3 3 4 3 4

4 6 5 5 7

5 2 7 6 4

6 3 4 1 2

7 1 2 3 4

8 3 4 5 7

9 6 5 1 2

10 1 7 6 5

11 6 7 6 7

12 5 4 3 2

13 3 2 1 4

14 1 5 3 5

15 Nominated

POLAND (the home side's numbered 9-15 but I've converted it to 1-7 for clarity)

1 1 2 2 1

2 6 7 7 6

3 3 4 4 3

4 5 7 7 5

5 3 4 2 1

6 5 6 4 3

7 1 2 6 5

8 5 7 2 1

9 1 2 4 3

10 3 4 7 5

11 5 2 2 3

12 3 6 6 1

13 1 4 4 5

14 & 15 - Nominated

Now, bear in mind that riders such as Patryk Dudek can be found racing at reserve in Poland There are some pretty raw juniors in both leagues. In Poland you see many cases where young riders just get heat 2 and one other, usually pointless rides.

I think it was 2011 when one Polish team had a promising young rider at reserve through the season - one Emil Sayfutdinov.

You really can't compare Swedish and Polish reserves with our NL talent.

I have nothing whatsoever against the NL - I've enjoyed thoroughly what I've seen at that level but let's not fool ourselves about the present level of development of most. I've seen far too many riders promoted too soon with the result that they leave the sport equally prematurely.

These NL will gain though. Coverage on Sky brings in sponsorship and will benefit these riders. Poole's reserves in 2013 certainly got sponsored.

• Like 1

will admission prices be lowered now then as can't expect people to pay £17 still

Why not? I pay £16 at Rye House - it's probably why the Elite has reduced to 5 riders + 2 national so the Loss

Of Sky money doesn't impact the admission charges.

Otherwise they would increase considerably and rightly so.

this will also stop the 'four point superstars' coming over on ridiculously high salaries and riding seven times a night from the reserve berth, keeping there for half a season as their rolling average slowly increases..

now teams with cash will need to gamble this money on a rider being in the main body of the team, which may dissuade them, thus levelling up the playing field? ...

• Like 2

These NL reserves could well benefit from the Sky money if TV comes off. Some of the money could be directed towards these lads equipment to bring them on.

Geeps I am going to agree with Shovvy. This rule will bring money to up and coming riders who would not have had it without this rule.

It normally goes to an army of Aussies et al so maybe it's a long term view that has to be taken here

Edited by Chris Brown
  • Like 2

These NL reserves could well benefit from the Sky money if TV comes off. Some of the money could be directed towards these lads equipment to bring them on.

At a financially well-run club, that's a very likely way in which any 2014 TV-money would be directed.

However, at least half the 2014 Elite League clubs will be desperately in need of some TV-money to keep up-to-date with their basic bills ... good luck to their NL reserves getting any TV-money directed their way !!

i suppose things could be worse. We might only have 20 odd competitors, b**gger all overtaking / excitement with the same German winning time after time after time after time...

Just so that people can see how it works in Sweden and Poland here are the race formulae:

Sweden

2 6 7 6 7

11 6 7 6 7

Sweden looks the more likely model BUT (or am I mistaken..) doesn't the statement imply these reserves will only ride against each other AND only (therefore) have two programmed rides so wouldn't therefore be the same as Sweden's..

Is alright telling people to wind their necks in but the likes of Birks, Auty, Howarth and Lawson could now miss out as their averages may not be appealing to how teams may be set up. So we give some kids a chance but bin off the more established kids. Excellent idea isn't it, dear oh dear

My thoughts too! British or not, what are last years Elite reserves going to do ? If the Elite teams cherry pick their 1 to 5 and have the reserves allotted, there wont be any room for them........Anywhere!

Edited by devils205

i can honestly say , i will not be attending any lite league mrryings in 2014

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

If the NL riders ride in the EL they are going to need a lot more money as possibly riding up to 4 times a week stops them from having jobs outside of speedway which helps them pay for their equipment, mechanics etc. They will need more than one bike with all this racing. If they also ride in the PL the costs get higher.

It may mean more EL clubs set up NL teams if for example a Swindon NL rider can ride for Swindon in the EL, which would be good rather than something like a Kent Kings rider who d/u with Workington is allocated to ride for BV.

Are there enough riders to ride at more NL clubs, and if more are set up it means more meetings and expense for the riders.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

My thoughts too! British or not, what are last years Elite reserves going to do ? I the Elite teams cherry pick their 1 to 5 and have the reserves allotted, there wont be any room for the........Anywhere!

Maybe a weeding out of second-rate foreign riders is long overdue - our league system has done far more for Australian speedway over the last few years than it has for British speedway. It is tough on riders like Auty, Howarth, Birks and Lawson (among others), but they have had a lot of chances in the top league and come up short.

I notice Dave Hoggart is still on the MC. Suggests he must still be likely to be involved at Owlerton...

First of all commiserations to Panthers fans. Looks like Frost was too shy to tell his fans personally. A real shame and hope someone comes forward to give their fans a team in 2014.

Many on here have been crowing for Brits to be in the team at reserve. The BSPA have obliged.

The result? Moan, moan. bloody moan. People on here were saying no more rubbish foreign 3 and 4 point journeyman taking up places where Brits could be used. The BSPA obliged. Moan, moan, bloody moan.

Sure Ward V a NL rider would be a foregone but by the sound of it that isn't going to happen. IN three or four years time we might just start to see the budding flower from the seeds sewn in 2014. Teething problems? There's bound to be some but we now have an extra 20 Brits coming into the EL and gaining real experience.

Any team can keep their top men as well. Lets be more positive on here.

Be positive about this news. No foreign journeymen taking up Brits places. Brits have got these places!

I agree with every word. No one is even giving it a chance to work. Lets see if they are up to it. They can be no worse than some of the poor overseas reserves we have ben seeing here in the last few years. Given the chance they may turn out to be stars of the future and give us a team GB to be proud of

I like the idea but it could be poorly executed.

My way of allocating these riders would be like NFL draft system, bottom team from last season gets first pick and so on until filled number 6 spot and then same again to fill number 7 spot.

I would hope this is in anyway but all riders get paid same and travel expenses covered by the club for who they choose.

For me that would be acceptable and of course protect their heats and they come in for top 5 when they retire out of meeting injured.

This idea could be good if done right but it never is with BSPA

It looks like Sheffield will be at the tapes next season and looking forward to my trips to Belle Vue also, roll on 2014.

Not perfect this AGM but a tad better.