British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

As for upgrading to EL equipment that's not strictly true as they will be riding against the same people they would be in the NL and PL.

But shirley that's not true at all. They will ride against #2 and #4 one would presume which in a team say like Poole might be someone of the calibre of Thomas H Jonason or Maciej Janowski.

Also they are reserves and will cover for injuries during meetings, R/R, tape exclusions and riders who can't be bothered to come out because thier bike is crap that night.

• Like 1

With a team strength of 38 points they won't come up against too many top riders at second string.

It's simple, I won't be attending speedway in Britain next year and would urge others to do the same.

I will save my money and travel to a Polish Ekstraliga match or two.

Very adult like

• Like 3

I can't work out if you're very stupid or very very stupid.

That's because you are very very stupid.

Did Kunta Kinte have to buy a van, two bikes, tools , kevlars, helmets etched.. Pay a mechanic, diesel and engine servicing ?

It's a job for lots of riders. If you're not racing, you're working on bikes. Would you do all that work with the fair chance that some weeks you may end up injured / out of pocket.?

No he didn't. He had no choice what he did. That's because he was a.. what's the word?.. oh yeah, slave. What you describe may not be ideal, but it sure ain't slavery.

The riders do this out of choice and they have a choice not to do it if they prefer not to.

• Like 4

I have seen a lot of the foriegn reserve riders in the E/L and the young Brits should be easily ride to some of the standards that they have bben doing.

How many E/L clubs have brought them over to race and dropped them after just a few races as what they did was just rubbish.

It seems like an all expenses paid jolly to the UK, don't bother how they ride just have a good time while it lasted, never to be seen over here again. I believe that the young Brits will come on much stronger with the help from a decent promoter and help fron the team mates he associates with in the pits and on the track,

I think Phil Morris is one amoung many who will help these lads, give us some racing that will be good to watch as the season progesses.

I think we just need to give it a few months and then we may just see some new stars in the making.

Can't wait to see the list when it ccomes out and what team gets who. I hope they don't send them from one end of the country to the other to ride and that they can at least send them to a track that is close to them. They need all the help they can get.

Legts hope it works out for them and lets give them all the support and blessing we can give them.

Because speedway in the UK can't carry on the way it is now or it will be all or and done with in 10 years time if not before. Drastic measures where needed, this has happened and still people sre not happy.

• Like 4

Also they are reserves and will cover for injuries during meetings, R/R, tape exclusions and riders who can't be bothered to come out because thier bike is crap that night.

How do you know that if the rules not been published ? Don't you think it would make more sense to wait and see how the 2014 rules govern No 6&7 riders.?? It obviously suits your agenda to base your fault-finding on speculation rather than fact but until you know what the rules say you are simply guessing. If you stop and think about it for about two milliseconds it is quite possible to formulate an arrangement whereby the !-5 might cover to some extent for each other..

• Like 1

Jon Cook in the Star says, "were giving the 6 and 7 riders a set rate guaranteeing them a set amount of money, so they know their expenses are covered before they've turned a wheel."

He must be living in cloud cuckoo land if he thinks £120 will do that. From what I have read it is hoped the reserves will improve rapidly with the experience. That may have applied in the days before the new silencers and lay down engines when throttle control and skill was important, but now, although some skill comes into it, it's mostly who can afford to throw the most money at their equipment. The riders will stay at reserve all season, this was tried before and then Steve Boxall came along. I think there will be another AGM mid season when all the rules will be altered again.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 1

Because speedway in the UK can't carry on the way it is now or it will be all or and done with in 10 years time if not before. Drastic measures where needed, this has happened and still people sre not happy.

But it's doing the same as it has been the last 10 years ..bringing in rules that will bring in less fans ...unless more fans are found speedway will be dead .this is hardly a drastic measure it's just another way of trying to save money thinking that the same numbers will still come and watch .

Very adult like

Yes. A consumer making the decison not to spend their money on a product that does not cater to their requirements is very "adult like".

What a foolish post.

Edited by Synikalle

I live in a neighbouring town from Kings Lynn, about 10 mile away. and you see nothing in regards to advertising speedway or reports of meetings. There could be loads of people interested and not even know there is a meeting on.... Plain Crazy.......

I've thought about that, why don't promotions approach someone like Vistaprint, they produce banners for next to nothing, as do our local school come to that!

Audiences are overwhelmingly of an older generation and in years to come there will be no new blood in the sport to take over when they are no longer around.

Speaking as one of those will 'no longer be around' - you are right - on this Point at least. That is why I 'Liked' your Post.

Yes. A consumer making the decison not to spend their money on a product that does not cater to their requirements is very "adult like".

What a foolish post.

Well off you go to Poland then. I just hope the away team turns up for you.

Speaking as one of those will 'no longer be around' - you are right - on this Point at least. That is why I 'Liked' your Post.

Half the population are over 50 and have the disposable income, so it is s good part of the market to attract. 20 somethings rarely attend sporting events on a regular basis

• Like 3

I have seen a lot of the foriegn reserve riders in the E/L and the young Brits should be easily ride to some of the standards that they have bben doing.

How many E/L clubs have brought them over to race and dropped them after just a few races as what they did was just rubbish.

It seems like an all expenses paid jolly to the UK, don't bother how they ride just have a good time while it lasted, never to be seen over here again. I believe that the young Brits will come on much stronger with the help from a decent promoter and help fron the team mates he associates with in the pits and on the track,

I think Phil Morris is one amoung many who will help these lads, give us some racing that will be good to watch as the season progesses.

I think we just need to give it a few months and then we may just see some new stars in the making.

Can't wait to see the list when it ccomes out and what team gets who. I hope they don't send them from one end of the country to the other to ride and that they can at least send them to a track that is close to them. They need all the help they can get.

Legts hope it works out for them and lets give them all the support and blessing we can give them.

But it's doing the same as it has been the last 10 years ..bringing in rules that will bring in less fans ...unless more fans are found speedway will be dead .this is hardly a drastic measure it's just another way of trying to save money thinking that the same numbers will still come and watch .

I think we are looking at a 10 year time scale to the end of UK speedway in the team racing format as we know it. Then it will become just a group of riders under one organisation staging irregular meetings at various tracks/stadiums during the summer months. Some like USA sprit car racing's 'World of Outlaws' or some of their touring midget car groups.

Edited by Guest

I think we are looking at a 10 year time scale to the end of UK speedway in the team racing format as we know it. Then it will become just a group of riders under one organisation staging irregular meetings at various tracks/stadiums during the summer months. Some like USA sprit car racing's 'World of Outlaws' or some of their touring midget car groups.

Will they then be able to get rid of the FIM control and other controlling bodies who seem just to take money out of the sport and cause problems.

• Like 2