British Speedway Forum
trophykid

Stoke Potters 2014

A friend of mine who is a Stock car fan says that at a recent meeting, drivers complained that their cars were being damaged because of the track surface and he also said that part of the track lighting wasn't working.

There's been an issue with the Stoke track among F1 stockcar drivers all season because of the bumps, holes and the turn 3 "trench". Can't say I'd fancy it on a bike.

That Malc Vasey must have the a rabbits foot, 4 leaf Clover, Horse shoe etc tucked under his cap, to have kept his job. Since he joined he has taken them from respectable mid table Premier League side to a rock Bottom National League side. Poor Old Martin Jol wasnt even bottom and he got the order of the tin tack.

That Malc Vasey must have the a rabbits foot, 4 leaf Clover, Horse shoe etc tucked under his cap, to have kept his job. Since he joined he has taken them from respectable mid table Premier League side to a rock Bottom National League side. Poor Old Martin Jol wasnt even bottom and he got the order of the tin tack.

When he was brought in I got sick of reading the praises that were bestowed on him as if he were god, it seems he turned out to be a turkey and a stuffed one at that, never liked the bloke and never will.

I suppose you could say he has found the right place to be at Stoke he fits right in with the other clowns who run the gaff, those being the know alls who know nothing but think they know everthing and if you don't agree with them you will get a mouthful.

Edited by boozer

But when he was brought in I got sick of reading the praises that were bestowed on him as if he were god, it seems he turned out to be a turkey and a stuffed one at that, never liked the bloke and never will.

I suppose you could say he has found the right place to be at Stoke he fits right in with the other clowns who run the gaff, those being the know alls who know nothing but think they know everthing and if you don't agree with them you will get a mouthful.

The bloke is a flunky and nothing else, can't see past the end of his nose that he's being used, the place is rotten to the core, as someone else has said the damage to Stoke speedwaty has been done by the people who operate the place.

Edited by SCSA

Lay off Malcolm guys, he,s a good man, and cant be held responsible for any of stokes problems

• Like 1

Lay off Malcolm guys, he,s a good man, and cant be held responsible for any of stokes problems

You are right HE, is not to blame.

Edited by SCSA

Not quite sure how you work that one out Vasey is a co-promoter at Stoke so by definition that means he co-promotes the crap that is served up, when a team does well the promoters and the team manager get all the praise but in your opinion non of it is his fault even though his is co-promoter and full team manager.

Maybe you could enlighten me how you arrive at that conclusion.

Edited by boozer

i spent the first part of a night with Malcolm on the sleeper from St.Austell. Seemed to know what he was talking about.admittedly quite a while ago..

I know this is Stoke 2014, and as such Malcolm is part of that, Malcolms record in the NL prior to joining Stoke was good, in his 1st season in the NL with Stoke they were for the most part of the season challenging for Honours, since then things have resumed in a downward trend, culminating in them finishing bottom of the NL in 2013, and not completing there fixtures. Stoke speedway needs a shot in the arm, begining with Messrs Tatum withdrawing from the Speedway side of the Stadium, and Malcolm Vasey taking overall control of the Speedway operation. Things may then begin to look up, because though Malcolm appears too be manager and joint promoter, i do believe he is trying to work under constraints imposed by others, for instance Liam Carr was apparently not re signed due to the promotion allegedly not wanting to pay his travel costs, but Buxton can, what does that say about Stoke Speedway ?.

I do worry about the future for Stoke Speedway while the current incumbants continue to have a major say in how it is run, On behalf of many Stoke fans, i ask Mr Tatum to seriously consider his position at Stoke Speedway, and consider leasing the Speedway side of things to either Malcolm Vasey or other persons, who would bring a more positive outlook to the promotion of the Sport, Im sure there are people out there who would be willing to come on board.b Stoke is a fine little Stadium which has been allowed to be dragged down to the point of almost NO return.

From the financial side of things, surely its better that Mr Tatum and Co take a regular rent from the Speedway, rather than continue to struggle as THE promoter, and facing loses year in year out, and becoming something of a butt for peoples jokes, I dont doubt that Mr Tatum has the interests of Stoke Speedway at heart, and wants to see them winning, however it is apparent to almost every Speedway supporter in general, and Stoke fans in particular, that he does not have there confidence to carry out that role, and has been pretty poor in recent seasons, due mainly to decisions he has taken, and supporters have shown there displeasure by staying away, that CANT continue.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

just going to Buxton instead of Stoke i changed to Buxton a few years ago but used to go to both, but Stoke went scruffy and down hill but sadly this is catching Buxton toilets are bad often no paper in the ladies only one toilet block .The track not always prepared so the riders can get bround safe some times its good but often it is under prepared.The tracktor seems reluctant to come on track and some weeks we cant see for dust i hope next year they improve also get the paint brushes out brighten the place up thank you

I agree Malcolm Vaseys got his faults like we all have but what you can't fault is his enthusiasm and dedication to the sport and particularly the 3rd Division.

Dave Tattum holds the reins at Stoke and from what I can gather Macolm Vasey only works within Tattums constraints!

Haven't been to Stoke for quite a while but it seems theirs problems there and the place needs a change of speedway ownership to give it a necessary shot in the arm!

When an established Premier League track drops its 1st team into the next League down theres bound to be quite a few fans who won't take the drop down lightly and stop going. This is why when a club does drop down it has to run really well and progressively with strong team and a reasonable investment in trying to improve or at least maintain track, facilities and presentation standards.

From watching from afar this is what seems to be happening at Stoke.

Edited by 25yearfan

I always thought Vasey was his own man and no ones puppet. As Team Manager he surely would be involved in team selections, changes etc. Fact is he managed a team that finished rock bottom. How many teams in any sport would keep a Manager on after a season like 2013