British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

Elite League Draft Riders

Just seen on the news the draw format for some footy competition next year, but nothing about this one.

Really happy that we have Lewis Rose to go with Lewis Kerr but I just hope that all promoters were happy that we were able to secure him early on in the draft, the lack of communication that the system had changed slightly smacks of things being made up as they went along. Common sense had prevailed though as he is home grown by Lynn.

Despite the reservations of some Swindon fans they have a bloody good pairing there IMO.

Edited by Bagpuss

Don't be silly as you could have a great top 5 & then Newman or Garrity will mince your reserves & win the meeting.

Totally agree. I see Coventry winning the two reserve heats 10-2 and 9-3 quite often. Means the rest of the league at 6-8 points behind Coventry before a wheel is turned and only have 13 rather than 15 heats to catch up again! Throw in that when the reserves meet in the other 2 heats you have to fancy Coventry to score 2 or 4 more then Coventry are laughing!

Totally unfair system that Coventry have lucked out on!

Totally agree. I see Coventry winning the two reserve heats 10-2 and 9-3 quite often. Means the rest of the league at 6-8 points behind Coventry before a wheel is turned and only have 13 rather than 15 heats to catch up again! Throw in that when the reserves meet in the other 2 heats you have to fancy Coventry to score 2 or 4 more then Coventry are laughing!

Totally unfair system that Coventry have lucked out on!

Yep. How far into the season before promoters start complaining because a good 1-5 they've selected, has been shafted by the luck of the draw at reserve?

Look out for the FIFA World Cup Draw on Friday. Good luck if you think it will take place at the exact time they say it will.

I'm confident the TV coverage will be on time with the draw ceremony taking at least 3 hours before a ball is drawn and another 6 hours till the draw is complete!

On Sky from 4.30pm Friday - might give it a miss after today's excitement!

If Leicester picked the 10th seed ( Tom Perry) in the 1st pick, that should have given them first pick in the 2nd round, if i understand the rules correctly, so why did they then pick 21st seed ( Max Clegg ) , seems a strange decision to me. I just hope when they get round to announcing their 1-5 it's strong or else i can see the wooden spoon looming.

• Like 3

Neat tactical move by Poole to select Smart. Can be covered by seven of the nine opposition number sevens, particularly useful if he becomes the third Poole rider in three years to withhold their services.

If Leicester picked the 10th seed ( Tom Perry) in the 1st pick, that should have given them first pick in the 2nd round, if i understand the rules correctly, so why did they then pick 21st seed ( Max Clegg ) , seems a strange decision to me. I just hope when they get round to announcing their 1-5 it's strong or else i can see the wooden spoon looming.

Swindon actually had pick 11 virtue of picking Worrall. Surprised they didn't pick Jacobs or Lambert

• Like 1

It's funny how Morley ended up at lakeside

What's even funnier is how sarjeant got left till the last pick for Coventry to have

Not a fix my arse

Anyone got the full order in which the way the riders were picked! Everyone looks pretty good to be honest, Leicster look a little weak but thats due to Max Clegg being very inexperianced, so hope he can prove me wrong. Im a massive fan of Cleggy so but i was suprised he got a pick and so early on.

smacks of things being made up as they went along.

Surely not.

Neat tactical move by Poole to select Smart. Can be covered by seven of the nine opposition number sevens, particularly useful if he becomes the third Poole rider in three years to withhold their services.

Swindon actually had pick 11 virtue of picking Worrall. Surprised they didn't pick Jacobs or Lambert

Josh Bates is a good little trapper. Beat Doyle and Newman at Edinburgh.

Anyone got the full order in which the way the riders were picked! Everyone looks pretty good to be honest, Leicster look a little weak but thats due to Max Clegg being very inexperianced, so hope he can prove me wrong. Im a massive fan of Cleggy so but i was suprised he got a pick and so early on.

Newman (protected)

Kerr (protected)

Rose (protected)

Morris (protected)

Ellis (protected)

1. Garrity (Coventry)

2. Nielsen (Belle Vue)

3. Blackbird (Eastbourne)

4. Perry (Leicester)

5. Worrall (Swindon)

6. Starke (Birmingham)

Round 2

7. Bates (Swindon)

8. Clegg (Leicester)

9. Lambert (Birmingham)

10. Jacobs (Wolves)

11. Morley (Lakeside)

12. Reade (Belle Vue)

13. Halsey (Eastbourne)

14. Smart (Poole)

15. Sarjeant (Coventry)

Edited by Islander15

Newman (protected)

Kerr (protected)

Rose (protected)

Morris (protected)

Ellis (protected)

1. Garrity (Coventry)

2. Nielsen (Belle Vue)

4. Perry (Leicester)

5. Worrall (Swindon)

6. Starke (Birmingham)

Round 2

7. Bates (Swindon)

8. Clegg (Leicester)

9. Lambert (Birmingham)

10. Jacobs (Wolves)

11. Morley (Lakeside)

12. Reade (Belle Vue)

13. Halsey (Eastbourne)

14. Smart (Poole)

15. Sarjeant (Coventry)

One rider each team was protected? What happened to that rule! Clegg getting picked 13th is astonishing from Lecister!

I just dont understand the order it went in?

Edited by Hunty

Newman (protected)

Kerr (protected)

Rose (protected)

Morris (protected)

Ellis (protected)

1. Garrity (Coventry)

2. Nielsen (Belle Vue)

4. Perry (Leicester)

5. Worrall (Swindon)

6. Starke (Birmingham)

Round 2

7. Bates (Swindon)

8. Clegg (Leicester)

9. Lambert (Birmingham)

10. Jacobs (Wolves)

11. Morley (Lakeside)

12. Reade (Belle Vue)

13. Halsey (Eastbourne)

14. Smart (Poole)

15. Sarjeant (Coventry)

Fair play to KL they have worked with the Lewis' to lose out so best protecting them it does make you wonder about rules in this sport. Why do they bother with any. Why not just let each team do their thing. You never know the sport maybe all the better for it rather than the constant smoke and mirrors Edited by TMW