British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

Elite League Draft Riders

I gather its the NL promoters meeting today. It will be interesting if anything is thrown up to affect the EL draft?!

I gather its the NL promoters meeting today. It will be interesting if anything is thrown up to affect the EL draft?!

Certain riders unobtainable by phone so to time to move on perhaps !!!

Like what?

Just stirring the pot more like - as usual :D

• Like 2

Duplicate post deletified!

Edited by Bagpuss

Josh Auty has confirmed on Twitter that he has not got an Elite League team place in 2014. This makes the draft in my mind a complete farce. Promoters should ensure that riders like Josh should be given an Elite team place if they are really interested in the present and future development of British Speedway riders.

• Like 1

Josh Auty has confirmed on Twitter that he has not got an Elite League team place in 2014. This makes the draft in my mind a complete farce. Promoters should ensure that riders like Josh should be given an Elite team place if they are really interested in the present and future development of British Speedway riders.

And it is up to the promoters to ensure riders like Josh have an EL team place.

BUT if there is a foreign rider who could do a better job than Josh, promoters wont go with Josh because he is British, as that wont win you a title. If there was incentives for the promoters to sign British riders, then that would help, but till then, the best riders who can do the job for the side, will be signed.

Josh Auty, Adam Roynon & Ashley Birks are all young British riders who have been kicked on the nuts by the rule.

Be interesting in a couple of years where these guys are & the ones who have been gifted a place at reserve this season.

• Like 1

BUT if there is a foreign rider who could do a better job than Josh, promoters wont go with Josh because he is British, as that wont win you a title. If there was incentives for the promoters to sign British riders, then that would help, but till then, the best riders who can do the job for the side, will be signed.

ALL British riders should be allowed a percentage of their average to help them.

• Like 2

And it is up to the promoters to ensure riders like Josh have an EL team place.

Not really this stupid draft has stopped the riders who it should have been helping like Auty ..these are the guys who should be at reserve rather than some of the NL riders ...it's now cost Auty a team place ,done blame the promoters there job is to put the best side out under the rules .

Not really this stupid draft has stopped the riders who it should have been helping like Auty ..these are the guys who should be at reserve rather than some of the NL riders ...it's now cost Auty a team place ,done blame the promoters there job is to put the best side out under the rules .

Disagree. Auty`s failure to progress last season has clearly put some promoters off.

It would be unfair to put Auty into the draft because he would be everyone's choice pick as reserve. If the likes of Howarth and Lambert dont feel daunted by being in the 1-5 then why should someone like Auty have the luxury of a reserve berth again??

I agree that the draft isn't perfect. From what i can see the promoters are trying to all put out there best sides 1-5 that they can.

There will always be casualties of the rules every season.

It is a shame that Auty (so far) doesn't have a starting 1-5 EL team place, but did he really progress as he should of this season??

• Like 3

Josh Auty, Adam Roynon & Ashley Birks are all young British riders who have been kicked on the nuts by the rule.

Be interesting in a couple of years where these guys are & the ones who have been gifted a place at reserve this season.

Auty hasn't improved much to me, Roynon (however unfortunately)has spent so much time on the sick, he needs to start again and re-establish himself. Is Birks 100% fit? Good luck to the three anyway.

you say dont blame the promoters, but who voted it in, oh yes, the promoters! as i understand only 2 teams promotions voted against it.