British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

Elite League Draft Riders

Auty has reached his potential and will be no more than a EL reserve/second string IMO

I agree. I can't remember when Auty first rode in the EL but I remember seeing him as reserve for Coventry at Brandon in 2009. 5 seasons later he is still reserve/barely second string standard, still can't gate, still taking people off, still very little evidence of him using his head, still nowhere near even Barker or Kennett. What reason is there to believe 2014 would be any different?

• Like 2

I agree. I can't remember when Auty first rode in the EL but I remember seeing him as reserve for Coventry at Brandon in 2009. 5 seasons later he is still reserve/barely second string standard, still can't gate, still taking people off, still very little evidence of him using his head, still nowhere near even Barker or Kennett. What reason is there to believe 2014 would be any different?

On his day he for me is a better rider than Barker,has beat him regular anough at PL ievel.Last year at the BF what did Barker do ? also was Auty competetive at Cardiff?.Dont make me laugh Addio did you ever see him ride apart from the Micky Mouse Arena you watch at week in week out. One blink and the racing is over are you telling me Kennett and Barker are that much better.? Edited by sidney

On his day he for me is a better rider than Barker,has beat him regular anough at PL ievel.Last year at the BF what did Barker do ? also was Auty competetive at Cardiff?.Dont make me laugh Addio did you ever see him ride apart from the Micky Mouse Arena you watch at week in week out. One blink and the racing is over are you telling me Kennett and Barker are that much better.?

Sidney

Let's deal with facts not opinion.

• 2013 EL averages Barker 6.47 - Auty 4.90 / PL Average Barker 9.44 - Auty 7.24
  • 2012 EL averages Barker 6.22 - Auty 5.79 / PL Average Barker 9.83 - Auty 8.09

Those averages suggest that you observations are incorrect. It suggests that Auty has regressed considerably as both EL and PL average have reduced by near enough the same amount.

Barker has his average based on being number 1 and that alone tells me he is a much better rider than Auty.

• Like 3

On his day he for me is a better rider than Barker,has beat him regular anough at PL ievel.Last year at the BF what did Barker do ? also was Auty competetive at Cardiff?.Dont make me laugh Addio did you ever see him ride apart from the Micky Mouse Arena you watch at week in week out. One blink and the racing is over are you telling me Kennett and Barker are that much better.?

Is this post a joke ? :lol::rofl:

Sidney

Let's deal with facts not opinion.

• 2013 EL averages Barker 6.47 - Auty 4.90 / PL Average Barker 9.44 - Auty 7.24
  • 2012 EL averages Barker 6.22 - Auty 5.79 / PL Average Barker 9.83 - Auty 8.09
Those averages suggest that you observations are incorrect. It suggests that Auty has regressed considerably as both EL and PL average have reduced by near enough the same amount.

Barker has his average based on being number 1 and that alone tells me he is a much better rider than Auty.

The stats show the truth and i found it a little odd a comparison in the first place!

Auty is nowhere near as decent a rider as Barker on any level. But i thought that much was as obvious?!!

• Like 1

The stats show the truth and i found it a little odd a comparison in the first place!Auty is nowhere near as decent a rider as Barker on any level. But i thought that much was as obvious?!!

I like both riders Brum,both entertainers both worth watching, Barker has his critics but he is worth watching and is excellent value.But to state that Ben is in a different league to Auty is a little strange maybe the Scunny fans would no more than us.From what i have heard at times Auty has shown glimpses of class certainly at Scunny his from the back wins.HIs main weakness is his gating and consistency apart from Tai and Cook for me alot of the Brits are all a muchness all good on a given day.

Auty will never amount to anything in the sport and has been same level for about 5 seasons. The draft has worked well here as irs weened out those who are not good enough

• Like 1

Auty will never amount to anything in the sport and has been same level for about 5 seasons. The draft has worked well here as irs weened out those who are not good enough

The draft is poor,are you telling me the EL is now a better product? i paid 17 pound a week last year so why are we expected to pay the same for a inferior product.We are expected to watch 2 poorer reserve races nothing against those riders but by trying to keep the few stars we have Ward,Iversen (ect) has for me totally destroyed this league.

So we force out Auty, Birks and Roynon for Smart, Lambert, Starke and Halsey? Auty, Birks and Roynon may never amount to any more than 5 point EL men but then Lambert, Starke, Smart and Halsey will never amount to anything in the EL, they will never ride EL other than due to this made idea.

So we force out Auty, Birks and Roynon for Smart, Lambert, Starke and Halsey? Auty, Birks and Roynon may never amount to any more than 5 point EL men but then Lambert, Starke, Smart and Halsey will never amount to anything in the EL, they will never ride EL other than due to this made idea.

They haven't been forced out, they've had their chance, there are other British riders in the 1-5 of teams, who promoters and team managers think are a better prospect, there will be changes anyway as the season goes on, you don't often get the same seven right through a season.

The draft is poor,are you telling me the EL is now a better product? i paid 17 pound a week last year so why are we expected to pay the same for a inferior product.We are expected to watch 2 poorer reserve races nothing against those riders but by trying to keep the few stars we have Ward,Iversen (ect) has for me totally destroyed this league.

You get more fixtures though, and most season ticket prices are either frozen or reduced.

Watching Auty is no different to watching young up and coming riders. He hasnt been forced out hes been found out.

• Like 1

They haven't been forced out, they've had their chance, there are other British riders in the 1-5 of teams, who promoters and team managers think are a better prospect, there will be changes anyway as the season goes on, you don't often get the same seven right through a season.You get more fixtures though, and most season ticket prices are either frozen or reduced.

They have been forced out by this ridiculous ruling. All had their chance but some progressed quicker than others - which now makes it much harder to secure a place in an EL 1-5. Whereas some that haven't done as well are given a team. Then again Speedway has a habit of penalising improved performers.

• Like 1

But Auty isnt an improved performer hes actually gone backwards so the draft has worked perfectly.

Edited by phillipsr

They haven't been forced out, they've had their chance, there are other British riders in the 1-5 of teams, who promoters and team managers think are a better prospect, there will be changes anyway as the season goes on, you don't often get the same seven right through a season.

You get more fixtures though, and most season ticket prices are either frozen or reduced.

He has been forced out. He would have been someones reserve this year but instead teams were forced to sign never has been and never will be's. If Auty has been found out then what about Lambert, Starke, Smart and Halsey who have all been around years and not even looked like making it as an EL rider. Yet Auty who is EL standard gets forced out for them because he's not good enough to be a second string but way beyond NL standard. Basically there is a void now that if you're in it, you're not riding EL. Anyone who is Pl 5-8 point level is forced out of the EL.

Auty may not be an improver but even a getting worse Auty is better than Lambert, Starke, Smart and Halsey will be even if you give them a free ride in the EL for the next 10 years.

Of course they have been forced out without this rule Auty would have an El place . No matter what we think of him there is no doubt worst riders have taken his place .

But Auty isnt an improved performer hes actually gone backwards so the draft has worked perfectly.

What by bringing in riders who gone backwards in the NL ? What sort of logic is that .

• Like 1