British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

Elite League Draft Riders

Thought I add this here which I'd put on the Leicester v Peterborough thread:-

People are getting hung up on the reserve being fixed into the team for the whole season. I couldn't see that rule at all but did see this which tells me they can be fired. You can only replace from the existing or soon to be extended draft list.

A Teams combined MA for the top 5 positions must not exceed 32.00 points nor include more than 2 x “A” grade Riders or 2 Doubling-Up Riders (satisfying the same conditions as for the initial Team Declaration) when re-declared, either permanently or temporarily, except where the MA of the introduced Rider is equal to, or lower than the Rider being replaced. Similarly only Riders with the same or lower FTDP Grading may be re-declared for the 6th or 7th positions

Reckon Olly Greenwood will be in high demand come the time when draft system extends its riders. Great start to the season, and has the qualities certainly to beat the other draft riders, as he has shown already.

Reckon Olly Greenwood will be in high demand come the time when draft system extends its riders. Great start to the season, and has the qualities certainly to beat the other draft riders, as he has shown already.

He certainly looked very good last night at Leicester & i was most impressed with him.Joe Jacobs was also good & I don't think Wolves fans should have any worries about him performing well for them this season. Which is more than Leicester can say about their reserves.

Oliver Greenwood was on the original draft of 30-odd riders, but didn't go forwards to the main draft. Does anyone know why?

If a draft rider gets injured can the team use a draft rider from another team as a guest?

Edited by eric i

If a draft rider gets injured can the team use a draft rider from another team as a guest?

As long as they fall below there ranking order. IE Ashley Morris is ranked 4th so anyone 5th or below can guest.

Well I think last night at Kings Lynn may have silenced the critics. They may say that the riders on show would have been EL anyway but....Would they?

Lets hope the rest get going in time it's all good to see

• Like 2

It seems really weird looking at the scores of the draft riders in action for their Premier League clubs tonight & then comparing them to their Elite League scores.

• Like 1

What I feel is strange, in our two draft riders, Kerr is the better then Rose, but the gap is not that big. I believe as the season progresses we will see Rose become a more accomplished rider and get even closer to Lewis Kerr. After all he's only been riding a year.

Am I right in thinking that the draft riders averages stays the same throughout the year regardless of how they perform this year and that any replacements are governed by their old original CMA. Cos my concern is , If Kerr gets injured, he can be replaced by any other rider in the draft because Kerr was ranked No'1. However, if Rose gets injured, and because he is ranked at the bottom we will only have a handful of riders to choice from. Am I thinking that right.......

SR 16.2.7 Updated EL / PL MA’s (and a FTDP List) will be calculated on all eligible Meetings up to and

including 23rd of each month and issued to become effective from 1st of the following month.

SR 17.3.6 A Grading List will be established of eligible Riders on the British Speedway Fast

Track Development Programme (FTDP Rider). This Listing will be used by EL Teams to

declare Riders for the 6th & 7th positions in the Team Declarations and also for use as

Guest replacements. This Grading List will also be revised monthly as per SR 16.2.7.

What I feel is strange, in our two draft riders, Kerr is the better then Rose, but the gap is not that big. I believe as the season progresses we will see Rose become a more accomplished rider and get even closer to Lewis Kerr. After all he's only been riding a year.

Am I right in thinking that the draft riders averages stays the same throughout the year regardless of how they perform this year and that any replacements are governed by their old original CMA. Cos my concern is , If Kerr gets injured, he can be replaced by any other rider in the draft because Kerr was ranked No'1. However, if Rose gets injured, and because he is ranked at the bottom we will only have a handful of riders to choice from. Am I thinking that right.......

The order of the list changes every month depending on the form of the rider. We are in the same boat with Sarjeant he is far better than his position in the list.

I've reignited this topic as I am aware that the subject is being discussed in other topics not directly relevant to the subject. Now that we have had a few weeks of the season It would be good to share thoughts and concerns on those lads riding at 6 & 7.

It appears some of you have concerns on safety as these lads ambition may outway their current talent and fear some serious damage in the near future. Others have views on the actual picks and if they are living up to the expecation of promoter and fan alike.

also, an interesting question is, what about next year? a new draft or stick with the guys we have, or are they promoted to main body of the team?

I think there is a lot worth discussing now we have seen whats going on, so ...what thoughts or comments do you have?

I've reignited this topic as I am aware that the subject is being discussed in other topics not directly relevant to the subject. Now that we have had a few weeks of the season It would be good to share thoughts and concerns on those lads riding at 6 & 7.

It appears some of you have concerns on safety as these lads ambition may outway their current talent and fear some serious damage in the near future. Others have views on the actual picks and if they are living up to the expecation of promoter and fan alike.

also, an interesting question is, what about next year? a new draft or stick with the guys we have, or are they promoted to main body of the team?

I think there is a lot worth discussing now we have seen whats going on, so ...what thoughts or comments do you have?

Stick with them and leave them at 6 & 7 for at least another season then look at them again.

At least wait til July/August - FFS we're not at the end of April yet!!!! :mad::D