British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Walshy1974

Big Fat 40... Help On Which Gp To Do.

Money approximately 1K, hot weather, thriving (strip club etc) night life and somewhere historical so can have a good exploration.

I can't speak for the other European GP's but what I would say is I've been to GP's in Bydgoszcz twice, Torun twice and Leszno twice and the Polish GP weekend's never disappoint. Great value for money. On the whole great weather believe it or not (was 33 degrees in Torun one year), lot's of culture to see in places like Torun, Cheap Hotels, cheap beer & meals and yes there is a strip club there too. :-) Couldn't recommend a trip to Poland highly enough! I usually spend £150 - £250 in a weekend, so reasonable I'd say.

Allowed 2 night break in Europe with best mate for a Gp next summer. Top tips please.

So have we made any decisions yet ?.

For pure racing I think Bydgoszcz would be hard to beat,Im going to the Czech GP in Prague next May.Had lots of good reports about the city,lets hope the racing matches up to the venue.

Prague is a great city for a holiday but for a GP it must be one of the worst.

I preferred visiting Stockholm to Copenhagen however both were very expensive cities!

Any reason for the preference?

Felt that there was more to do in Stockholm, it was a cleaner city and also I found that it was much easier to get around. The Friends Arena is a very remarkable stadium for a GP to be held in also.

Prague is a great city for a holiday but for a GP it must be one of the worst.

Well Im happy with the choice Ive made,hotels booked,tickets are bought and Im really looking forward to it.

On the track,I think they have a new track guy who hopefully will produce a better GP than in recent years.

I really didn't like Gothenburg racing wise or for its atmosphere, think for the event itself, torun is best imo

• Like 1

How do people get to Torun is it hire car from the airport or can you use the train?How close is the stadium to the town centre can you walk there?

How do people get to Torun is it hire car from the airport or can you use the train?How close is the stadium to the town centre can you walk there?

It depends how you want to get around and which airport you fly into-Bydgoszcz is nearest airport and the airport bus goes to the main station from where one can get a train to Torun.Poznan is an alternative-much the same airport bus to station and train to Torun.

Stadium in Torun is situated about 4 miles from the city centre on the Bydgoszcz road-good tram service from town centre and stadium ticket holders can normally use the trams for free after 2pm on the Saturday.I like driving abroad so always hire a car-cheap in Poland-and I normally fly into Poznan(Torun is about 2 hours away)

Edited by racers and royals

Gdansk is also quite easy to get to and from Torun - just under two hours away and mostly on very new and virtually empty motorway!

Two best cities Prague and Copenhagen (been to both eight times each and never tire of them) two days fine, the best track of the two for me is Copenhagen where i have always enjoyed the racing, prague definitely cheaper but if that isn't a concern i'd do Copenhagen. If you chose either and want some tips PM me will be glad to help