British Speedway Forum
bruno

Tai Woffinden At Bike Show At Nec

just been to my local and as no mates could make it I grabbed myself a copy of the mcn to pass away a couple of hours. inside was a piece on the bike show at the nec this coming week.it says Tai Woffinden is there tomorrow. Obviously promoting speedway. why don't we know about this? Is this why speedway isn't taken seriously? Comments anyone

• Like 1

just been to my local and as no mates could make it I grabbed myself a copy of the mcn to pass away a couple of hours. inside was a piece on the bike show at the nec this coming week.it says Tai Woffinden is there tomorrow. Obviously promoting speedway. why don't we know about this? Is this why speedway isn't taken seriously? Comments anyone

Never heard anything about it - how unusual.

• Like 1

Perhaps (and it's a big "perhaps") after British Eurosport's excellent coverage of this year's SGP series, more non speedway fans will know who Tai is and take notice.

What stand is he on BTW?

Tweet sent out by SpeedwayGP this morning, a bit late but better than FA put out by the BSPA. The bspa have not got a clue how to publicize the sport, unless they were not told of this opportunity.

We waited thirteen years for a British World Champion, do those running our sport know that we now have one

Seems all the BSPA are interested in is hanging on to Tai's shirtails and reaping whatever benefits they can from his hard work

Tai is a very marketable young man especially for the younger generation and you would have thought that the BSPA would want to help him and at the same time get in on the action

Surely the untouchable Nigel Pearson has questions to answer. Just being on the TV and Radio commentating on various Sports appears to be enough. If he were doing any sort of job he would have ensured that this information is freely available to the Speedway faternity. The show has a massive audience and potential customers but it appears unlikely that they will be convinced of Speedway's credability

Hang on a minute, though, this was publicised in MCN.

Did you expect it to have a double page spread in Woman's Weekly?

No mention in the Speedway Star, though............hmmmm!!

Hang on a minute, though, this was publicised in MCN.

Did you expect it to have a double page spread in Woman's Weekly?

No mention in the Speedway Star, though............hmmmm!!

Why blame 'Speedway Star'? If they are not advised of an event it's not their fault. It's not publicised there because the person organising the happening didn't tell them. I wonder if MCN only mentioned it because it was in a list of happenings at the show sent to them by the organisers rather than one of their staff members though "I wonder is there will be a speedway representative at the show?" :lol:

Why blame 'Speedway Star'? If they are not advised of an event it's not their fault. It's not publicised there because the person organising the happening didn't tell them. Possibly MCN only mentioned it because it was in a list of happenings at the show sent to them by the organisers rather than one of their staff members thought "I wonder if there will be a speedway representative at the show?"

Why blame 'Speedway Star'? If they are not advised of an event it's not their fault. It's not publicised there because the person organising the happening didn't tell them. Possibly MCN only mentioned it because it was in a list of happenings at the show sent to them by the organisers rather than one of their staff members thought "I wonder if there will be a speedway representative at the show?"

Is it not the job of a "journalist" to find these things out??

Especially if you are a "speedway journalist" ??

Is it not the job of a "journalist" to find these things out??

Especially if you are a "speedway journalist" ??

The NEC Show is not directly speedway related. How often in past years has the sport been featured by it? It's also the job of those responsible for the publicising of these sort of shows to advise the media of them. In my view that's where the blame lies not with 'Speedway Star.'

Tai Woffinden is the new World Champion and he is British.

Would you not expect "speedway journalists" to be following him writing about him and publicising his events?

If speedway has not been featured in the NEC show in the past, all the more reason for it to be publicised in the SS this year, surely??

Edited by Shale Shaker

I didn't realise there were lots of " speedway journalists" most of the features in the star are just re- hashes of club press releases and the "best of British" feature seems to be a convenient way of padding out 12 pages for half the winter.

I didn't realise there were lots of " speedway journalists" most of the features in the star are just re- hashes of club press releases and the "best of British" feature seems to be a convenient way of padding out 12 pages for half the winter.

Exactly - hence the "inverted commas" ..

Would you not expect "speedway journalists" to be following him writing about him and publicising his events?

If speedway has not been featured in the NEC show in the past, all the more reason for it to be publicised in the SS this year, surely??

As I am POSITIVE the 'Speedway Star" would had done had the organisers publicity team advised them of the rider's involvement at the NEC Show.

I have been involved with top boxers like David Haye. Whenever he had a big fight he used to phone the sports desk of the paper where I was working to update us on his bouts. And, with respect, David Haye is a bigger international sporting name than Tai Woffinden, who could himself have given the 'Speedway Star' an email or phone call?

Edited by Guest