British Speedway Forum
a4poster

When Will The New Race Format Be Out & How Can Teams Name Riders When They Don't Know It?

Without the EL SKY would have no interest in showing Speedway so why should your biased league receive anything?

Obviously it would have been much better if the SKY money had been used to invest in its future.

The PL isn't keeping the EL going, what a silly statement. If riders had to choose a league (ie Jason Doyle) the PL would struggle for top riders. Seems your coffee is still well off its scent.

There is nowhere in any of my comments i have said i am `happy with the EL as it is`, but feel free to make up stuff to suit your blinkered point.

I would be HAPPIER if the EL had ALL the top boys back, not less. More thru the turnstiles and making our league a credible one.

The only thing lacking in credibility is your statement it should be one league of PL standard. Now that WOULD be suicide for Speedway.

Like i have said and you have ignored - EL tracks would probably close if the EL disappeared. The point remains that more NL and PL tracks have closed in recent seasons.

So like i say you keep smelling that odourless coffee. At least mine has some flavour.

You claim to be not at all blinkered, but your above post proves the opposite.

I will try to answer your points in order:

NOT biased - just sensible.

If the Premier League wasn't supplying Riders for the elite League - how would it survive. Not silly but correct.

The only credibility lacking is British Speedway with it's Rules.

We will have to wait and see regarding closures. As I said, I hope you are right and not me.

We might be in a position to give it a chance, if we knew what it was.

.................you won't be in a position to give it chance regardless of knowing, till the season starts.

In which case, if we still don't know by then, I will be the first to come on here and say I was wrong!

• Like 1

.................you won't be in a position to give it chance regardless of knowing, till the season starts.

In which case, if we still don't know by then, I will be the first to come on here and say I was wrong!

I will be in a position to decide if it's worth giving a chance.

I dont see the issue with EL having a different format, if as has been promised it is for the good of British speedway.

Why are people arguing so vehemently against it without seeing the new plans.

Surely the new EL format should be given a chance, and it has been done for all the right reasons simple as that.

I don't believe anybody is moaning about having the new format, and rightly so, yes, it should be given a chance.

I think you'll find the biggest concern is the timing of the format being announced to the waiting public. Obviously this has caused a lot of concern, thinking that the reasons for the lateness is problematic and that in itself it worrying......

It now appears we won't know anything before the season starts, and that in itself is very worrying. Bearing in mind there are many matches programmed for March and this new format will be introduced immediately, there will be no ' get out clause' This has to be right form the off..

Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket.. I just hope they get it right........

The fact that with less than two weeks to go before the first meeting of the season the formula still hasn't been released suggests one of two things:

1 - They don't think it's important enough.

2 - It's a mess and they hope by the time people realise that it's too late.

All along I've tried to explain the problems caused by the 'screening' system which of course is essential given the introduction of riders well below the standard of the rest in the EL and initially I wasn't too bothered about the timing, just looking forward to being reassured that a good, workable formula had been created - all in good time.

The delays now do suggest that this hasn't happened although I do still live in hope, but after watching 43 years of speedway lord knows why...,

• Like 1

I will try to answer your points in order:

NOT biased - just sensible.

If the Premier League wasn't supplying Riders for the elite League - how would it survive. Not silly but correct.

The only credibility lacking is British Speedway with it's Rules.

We will have to wait and see regarding closures. As I said, I hope you are right and not me.

In reply to your answers also

Likewise sensible to suggest that having a top level of racing with big performers is credible.

The PL would struggle for top riders if riders were forced to choose one league over the other.

Promotions and leagues as a whole need to work together more , but i doubt it.

In reply to your answers also

Likewise sensible to suggest that having a top level of racing with big performers is credible.

The PL would struggle for top riders if riders were forced to choose one league over the other.

Promotions and leagues as a whole need to work together more , but i doubt it.

100% agree with that. Sadly - I also agree with your conclusion. :sad: :sad:

The fact that with less than two weeks to go before the first meeting of the season the formula still hasn't been released suggests one of two things:

1 - They don't think it's important enough.

2 - It's a mess and they hope by the time people realise that it's too late.

All along I've tried to explain the problems caused by the 'screening' system which of course is essential given the introduction of riders well below the standard of the rest in the EL and initially I wasn't too bothered about the timing, just looking forward to being reassured that a good, workable formula had been created - all in good time.

The delays now do suggest that this hasn't happened although I do still live in hope, but after watching 43 years of speedway lord knows why...,

The first official EL meeting requiring the new format is not until 24th March! Maybe the reason for the non-announcement is that it has not yet been ratified by all concerned?!

• Like 1

I will be going to the first EL meeting of 2014 Wolves v Brum. It will be a great local derby meeting.

Why don't all supporters, sceptical or otherwise come to Monmore Green and make the first meeting a bumper attendance with a great atmosphere to get the new rules/regs off to a flyer. Then you will be armed with all the info/programmed rides etc ready for your own teams meetings for the season.

Wouldn't that be great to get the new season underway and show our support of this great sport?

• Like 1

I will be going to the first EL meeting of 2014 Wolves v Brum. It will be a great local derby meeting.

Why don't all supporters, sceptical or otherwise come to Monmore Green and make the first meeting a bumper attendance with a great atmosphere to get the new rules/regs off to a flyer. Then you will be armed with all the info/programmed rides etc ready for your own teams meetings for the season.

Wouldn't that be great to get the new season underway and show our support of this great sport?

Nobody is usually bothered about programmes these days................................ unless a new race format is included in it! :rofl:

Of course the many will not turn out and show there support of our sport and its new trialed heat format. They will just stay at home moan about it and the reasons why it wasn't released to the general public. :neutral:

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 2

do we even know how many heats there will be in a match?

Perhaps to make up for having 2 reserves races they'll go to 16 heats instead of 15 with 2 nominated heats (15 & 16) in which they can use any of their top 5 once each and in any order they choose.

Things dont always need to have a negative slant....

Perhaps to make up for having 2 reserves races they'll go to 16 heats instead of 15 with 2 nominated heats (15 & 16) in which they can use any of their top 5 once each and in any order they choose.

Things dont always need to have a negative slant....

.............. are you sure. This IS Speedway we are talking about.

• Like 1

do we even know how many heats there will be in a match?

Any advance on 15? :blink: