British Speedway Forum
MMX Events

Havvy's Farewell - Poole Speedway - Friday 21st March 2014

Why do they?

Why the Hell should Sky suddenly decide they want to change dates so it coincides with Havvys Bash. Surely somebody must have thought, hang on, its Havvys bash that night, your not going to tell me nobody knew? That has been on the agenda for some time now. I fully sympathise with Havvy.

Surely the bspa will be the losers here. How many are going to goto Coventry when it's now on TV. Fans will goto Poole and record the ERC.

• Like 1

Surely the bspa will be the losers here. How many are going to goto Coventry when it's now on TV. Fans will goto Poole and record the ERC.

Spot on.

• Like 1

It certainly seems that Havvy see's it as a personal slur. I have no feelings about his meeting either way, I wouldn't have been travelling to Poole to see him. I can't help sensing the irony in it all though .............

Edit..Who has been named as taking part in his farewell meeting?

Only one way round this my little Flower. Everybody needs to show at Havvys bash.

Why do they?

Why the Hell should Sky suddenly decide they want to change dates so it coincides with Havvys Bash. Surely somebody must have thought, hang on, its Havvys bash that night, your not going to tell me nobody knew? That has been on the agenda for some time now. I fully sympathise with Havvy.

Explain to me why " Everybody needs to show at Havvy's bash" ?

Why do they?

He's a Speedway rider who I have absolutely no affinity to. Why should I go to Poole to a meeting for a bloke that means squat to me?

• Like 5

Think the elr was put on this date as sky don't want live speedway at the weekend.

Money talks but here's a thought.

Cancel the Erc maybe then fall out with sky, they pull the plug on the deal. So everyone go to havvys meeting as it's the last time you get to see "top riders" in this country.

A five year deal is more important to the future of British speedway that 1 rider.

I had no intention on going to havvys meeting but will still go to the ERC ,

I also remember last year the BSPA had to change the date of this meeting as Poland put on a meeting and took top riders, yet not much mentioned.

I'm not one of Havvy's fans as such. He never rode for one of "my" clubs and in the 07-10 period he often rode against us...however he is British, and he is a former world champion, and deserves respect for that. What has been done shows nothing but utter contempt for Havvy and is a disgrace to the sport and to the individuals concerned with the making of that decision. It will leave top riders torn between which event to ride in and will leave the public with two diluted events, one of which (the wrong one) being televised as well.

Maybe the Speedway Star could do some investigative journalism to see why the ERC was rescheduled to try to sabotage Havvy's farewell in this disgraceful manner? Should make a good story,

im with Jacques on this one...yes, he was a british world champ....22 yrs ago..hes already had a testimonial, and if fans have no connection with him one way or the other, whats wrong with that?

and ok, if the people who say hes English, and been a world champ, then YOU go along and pack the terraces for him...

its called freedom of choice, and competition..now lets see how romoters can promote, instead of just giving in cos another

match is going on

Reading between the lines, Darcy not happy the ERC is an open field and is likely, along with Holder to ride Havvy's meeting as already pre booked. Those 2 alone could back the BSPA into a corner

• Like 1

Reading between the lines, Darcy not happy the ERC is an open field and is likely, along with Holder to ride Havvy's meeting as already pre booked. Those 2 alone could back the BSPA into a corner

If the ERC is an open field then its even more reason to think both meetings can happen on the same night. Im not a fan of the idea that guest riders can be in the event but it does solve the issue of rider availability.

Trouble is, if the ERC is a BSPA event and Ward is asked to ride in it, says "No" and rides in Havvy's meet, he could be in for a 28 day ban, could he not?

Trouble is, if the ERC is a BSPA event and Ward is asked to ride in it, says "No" and rides in Havvy's meet, he could be in for a 28 day ban, could he not?

I guess it depends how the Bspa want to set the meeting up. Id guess it would be the top averaged rider from each team then 6 guests? If thats the case I think Darcy will have to ride in it or get some sort of fine/ban

As somebody who normally tries to understand the BSPA's point of view and is no particular fan of Havelock I have to say that I think this is a bloody disgusting way to treat him. Obviously we have no idea what went on between the BSPA and Sky but there had to be some way to work around this.

• Like 1

And you think the GP boys won't be testing engines at the relatively worthless ELRC?

They will as they always do, and that is why events such as these aren't worth attending, as the riders don't give a toss about giving the paying public value for money and entertainment, all they are interested in is sorting themselves out.

Don`t understand this Havvy farewell bit. Wheres he going ? Surely we`ve said farewell to him ages ago.

• Like 3

C'mon Havvy, annoy the BSPA and announce some massive riders to ride in your Farewell.

Sayfutdinov, Gollob, Rickardsson, Pedersen, Hancock and co

Make the ERC worthless just as they have tried to make your meeting!

• Like 2