British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Sky Sports New Deal

Not sure if I have missed this, but I can't see anywhere on either the Poole web site, Echo or Echo twitter accounts where it says Matt Ford has said this?? . The only reference I have found is what has been posted by another forum member. Is their a link to where Matt has stated this?

Agreed! Going back to the start of this thread, there were at least 2 other posts with the same info! Do they actually follow the Echo sports reporter's tweets? Its not as if he's even the regular speedway reporter!!

Also, whether MF did say anything to this reporter (MF is not on Twitter),where and from whom would he have got the info if the 'deal is still being negotiated'?!

So post #30 is a 'put up job' is it?

Would Matt Ford have been happy if someone 'leaked' the info that Darcy Ward was returning to Poole in 2014, before he announced it? Of course he wouldn't, so why do it to someone else?

• Like 1

At the moment it would appear to be this Echo reporter that has released information that maybe he shouldn't have. as this has not been officially released by the paper on it's web site or main twitter account, it seems the reporter has jumped the gun. And before I am accused of defending Matt Ford, please be assured I'm not. I am just trying to look at this from another perspective. I am sure that there are many reporters that have information that maybe should not yet be available for the public domain, in fact I believe Phil Rising must find himself in this position on many occasions. I would guess that if this is the case then Matt will think twice before talking to this reporter in the future

• Like 2

I agree with a lot that Midland Red says but still believe that families are being priced out of going to speedway and unfortunately this has not beed addressed even with reducing rider costs.

This is good news,if it is confirmed.Congratulations also to Uncle Terry on negotiating his not inconsiderable slice of pie,which he takes from every club.Cheers.On the negative side that clown has put his foot in it by opening his mouth.Buffoon.

• Like 1

My understanding is that if plans come through British Speedway will be better off financially as they have tv rights deal which will help attract sponsors to clubs as can offer exposure. This is also along with league sponsors who will pay to have their brand advertised at every track i would imagine along other benefits. There is also possible tv coverage sponsors whose bramd will be shown on the tv ad bumpers although this will be majority kept by the broadcaster.

Edited by flagrag

My understanding is that if plans come through British Speedway will be better off financially as they have tv rights deal which will help attract sponsors to clubs as can offer exposure. This is also along with league sponsors and tv coverage. Sponsors although this will be majority kept by the broadcaster.

It might be me - but I don't fully understand that post!!??

It might be me - but I don't fully understand that post!!??

I took this to mean a League sponsor - money to clubs and then a tv coverage sponsor - majority money to Sky to offset production costs.
  • Like 1

And lets hope some of any profits get ploughed back into British Speedway..

• Like 2

I can't believe for one moment there's any chance of that happening, it'll go entirely on propping up ailing businesses.

• Like 2

My understanding is that if plans come through British Speedway will be better off financially as they have tv rights deal which will help attract sponsors to clubs as can offer exposure. This is also along with league sponsors and tv coverage. Sponsors although this will be majority kept by the broadcaster.

[/]

Jet lagged?

Why? Surely the only people who will benefit should be the club staging a TV meeting.? How they chose to use it is up to them surely?

I can't believe for one moment there's any chance of that happening, it'll go entirely on propping up ailing businesses.

Exactly. they should be the only beneficiaries.

Why? Surely the only people who will benefit should be the club staging a TV meeting.? How they chose to use it is up to them surely?

Exactly. they should be the only beneficiaries.

Yeh, but you tell me how the hell we suposed to bring on and give the British kids the facillities they need to bring them on?

Edited by Starman2006

Yeh, but you tell me how the hell we suposed to bring on and give the British kids the facillities they need to bring them on?

Don't spend 20k on riders and drop them a couple of weeks later would be a start.

• Like 4

Promoters are in the sport for one reason - promoting the sport not subsidising training ventures of young riders. Promoters make an initial investment and are entitled to a maximum return at the end of the day for their financial input.

As speedway is constructed in regard to riders they are all freelances and not contracted to a club. There is no purpose in a promoter training young riders when he will have no contractual hold over the end product. That's a harsh reality of the promotional world.

The training of young riders is something that needs to be dealt with through other means rather than skimming of deserved returns for a person prepared to promote a track as is the case when they allow SKY the facilities to screen one of their matches.

Edited by Guest

Promoters are in the sport for one reason - promoting the sport not subsidising training ventures of young riders. Promoters make an initial investment and are entitled to a maximum return at the end of the day for their financial input.

As speedway is constructed in regard to riders they are all freelances and not contracted to a club. There is no purpose in a promoter training young riders when he will have no contractual hold over the end product. That's a harsh reality of the promotional world.

The training of young riders is something that needs to be dealt with through other means rather than skimming of deserved returns for a person prepared to promote a track as is the case when they allow SKY the facilities to screen one of their matches.

So, by what other means do you suggest to bring on the kids. And how will that be financed?