British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Matt Ford Already Planning To Fiddle Reserve Berths?

Sounds like Matt Ford is already thinking how he can fiddle the reserve berths and dump Lee Smart. ...Robert Lambert in?

From Bournemouth Echo.

"However, Ford revealed the makeup of Poole's tail end could yet change, depending on Smart's availability.

Ford added: 'I have yet to speak to Lee and we need to discuss the balance of his commitments. The reserve system is new to everybody and there might be some teething problems.

There are one or two riders still about so we will see what the next few weeks bring.'"

Sounds like Matt Ford is already thinking how he can fiddle the reserve berths and dump Lee Smart. ...Robert Lambert in?

From Bournemouth Echo.

"However, Ford revealed the makeup of Poole's tail end could yet change, depending on Smart's availability.

Ford added: 'I have yet to speak to Lee and we need to discuss the balance of his commitments. The reserve system is new to everybody and there might be some teething problems.

There are one or two riders still about so we will see what the next few weeks bring.'"

I'm no Poole fan but surely all he is saying is that if Smart is going to miss lots of meetings then he can pick one of the 3 riders not drafted yesterday?? Pretty sure these riders were low down in the draft rankings so not exactly sure what he is doing wrong??

• Like 1

I think he's just said that to piss people off on here.

Would have thought R.Lambert could only replace Newman both being in the top grade of the riders .. I presume Lambert will be available after his birthday when he is old enough to ride..Then watch the scramble for his signature,,Who has the biggest cheque book,???

Yep that article was written to p*** off certain members of this forum and get them all second guessing.

If it was, then its pretty pathetic.

Surely if the BPSA have already told which team they are going to that is the end of the story. Or you are going to be breaking the rules that they have already set up with these reserve riders. If a team are not happy with who they have then it is up to the BPSA to sort it out for them not allow the team promoter manager etc decied they don't like what they have got and tell them in no uncertain terms that I thinlk you will be below the standard of the rider we need to win win the league and that is all that this is about.

No give the lads a chance to prove themselves. Don't like you don't want you in my team I will chose myself who I want.

That could go for every team. I am glad to see when I read Leicester Lions webpage that they are glad to welcome both of the lads. One fairly good the other an up and coming talent. But no problems with them they have both been made welcome and they where wished the best and with the hope that they can improve.

Shame all the other teams or is it just one that is not a happy bunny.

• Like 1

If it's a case of bringing in Hopwood, Ritchings or Greenwood instead then don't see what the problem is.

I thought all riders were on the same deal ?

Would have thought R.Lambert could only replace Newman both being in the top grade of the riders .. I presume Lambert will be available after his birthday when he is old enough to ride..Then watch the scramble for his signature,,Who has the biggest cheque book,???

If it's a case of bringing in Hopwood, Ritchings or Greenwood instead then don't see what the problem is.

It won't be any of those riders. Ford has set his targets much higher (with due respect to these guys who are all good riders).

I don't think there is any doubting the answer to that question, hence the suspicion that Robert Lambert will be smuggled into the Poole line-up as soon as he comes of age :wink:

This is the start of the great Poole machine rumbling before it strikes, when young Lambert reaches 16 he should be "allocated" not negotiated by our good friend Mr.Ford, fiddling started already.

• Like 4

© Holder is the "smart" move. In all seriousness, I thought it was an odd pick, especially as he has since said he did not really know anything about him. When Ford picked, did he have the choice of a higher rated rider?