British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Save Isle Of Wight

A more informed answer than mine would have been of more use than a 'dear me...' :rolleyes:

I don't want this particular part of the thread to end, EVER!! Made me smile on the tube after a stressful shift...

Gustix..sit down in your rocking chair, get your pipe going, and think carefully about why people are perhaps replying in the way they are..surely an educated chap like you can work it out..

You can't argue against the fact that he is right in what he says though.............................................. :approve: :approve:

Well it is now the 1st February and there does not appear to have been any last minute offers to rescue speedway in the isle of Wight for 2014 so that looks like the end for this year.

This is an extremely sad situation for NL speedway, and for British speedway in general. This isn't about fighting to save the stadium because it is being sold off for housing, but for a problem that is more deep rooted in the lack of support and sponsorship. I sincerely hope that Wightlink have been thanked for their support over the last few years because without them it would be impossible to hold it in the past and they need to be kept on board should their sponsorship be wanted in the future.

The fight now begins to build a platform, which the shareholders and Directors will support, on which to get it going again in 2015.

I too would hope that Wightlink have been thanked by the club's directors for their superb backing over the years for without it we wouldn't have seen speedway staged at Smallbrook from 1996 until 2013. Whether or not they would be able to offer similar backing to the club if the sport were to return to the venue at some time in the future remains to be seen.

I too would hope that Wightlink have been thanked by the club's directors for their superb backing over the years for without it we wouldn't have seen speedway staged at Smallbrook from 1996 until 2013. Whether or not they would be able to offer similar backing to the club if the sport were to return to the venue at some time in the future remains to be seen.

I've been thinking exactly the same thing Bryn. Especially in view of Wightlink's own problems at present. Desperately sad situation. We will of course cling on to every last hope, but I think you'll agree that deep down, we know don't we? :sad: