Belle vue

Coventry

East borne

Swindon

Wolves

Lakeside

Birmingham

Leicester

This prediction I think is there or thereabouts. Would probably swap Lakeside and Swindon around due to the Hammers having better reserves. Predicted the same top 4 earlier but am warming to Eastbourne - don't see them dropping too many points at Arlington

Don't think I can ever recall Eastbourne dropping many points at home!

Much depends on the new race format and some seem to think top heavy teams like Kings Lynn and Poole may benefit more, however I think the teams that could be stronger are those that have second strings that will beat heat leaders and I can't see Porsing/Lambert beating riders like Nicholls, Harris, Batchelor etc.

It really looks quite open really and while I don't approve fully of the new reserve ruling, I do find myself thinking the league is wide open this season and am looking forward to who does actually lead the table.

Make no mistake, Lambert, although only a youngster, is more than capable of beating anyone round Lynn. Will no doubt struggle with some away tracks and some of the competiveness, but once out in front, he will take some catching.........

Porsing, is also a star in the making. Like many young Danes, he is a tremendous talent. He too, will do his share of beating top riders.

I fully agree with your last sentence though. Spot-On. !!!!!

Edited by GRW123

poole

kings lynn

Coventry

lakeside

eastbourne

Swindon

bele vue

Leicester

wolves

birm

Agree with that & Poole & Kings Lynn will easily finish top 2 unless injuries affect Kings Lynn.

Poole have enough assets to cover any injury to any rider except Newman who finishes off their main 5 to make them clear favourites.

New race format is out and it does throw a few thoughts into who is going to do well in 2014 but much will depnd on afew things.

RIDING ORDER; To me the #5 race jacket looks the hardest position and any team that has an out and out top mn really needs this rider to be at #5 as ALL his rides are alongside another heat leader (1 and 3) and against heat leaders all the time. Some may think that putting the weakest of the teams three heat leaders at #5 is best but looking at the format, even a rider like Scott Nicholls or Rory Schlein are going to have tough nights at #5 with a hard fought 4 points (1 1 1 1) so in my opinion if you have a Woffinden or Ward then they need to be at #5 in order for the other heat leaders to have a more comfortable night.

In looking at the line ups, it is hard to choose who are going to be front runners or trailers in the league and a run of four or five win could easily change a teams fortunes in 2014 as it really is wide open. However I feel that any team with three good heat leaders are going to have a slight advantage so Poole, Kings Lynn and Belle Vue look to have that nailed on.

Of those three, Poole look to have the strongest second strings in Grajczonek and Milik with the later possibly being a real match winner and a rider that could evenin this format add two points to his average so Poole are my tips for the top.

Having a well balanced team could still be a good choice but it is going to be hard for riders like Jason Doyle or Ben Barker to get race wins when they have to face the likes of Woffinden, Ward or Iversen three times a night but with strong second strings, what they lose in one department they could gain in other areas.

Teams like Birmingham, Eastbourne or Leicester may look weak, but they have great second strings when you look at other teams and in riders like Peter Ljung Adam Skornicki or Mikkel Michelsen etc they have riders that could score well thanks to a few races against or with draft riders.

The reserves will be the key to a teams success and a reserve like Jason Garrity could easily get 8+2 from his four rides without beating anyone other than draft pick reserves and a parnership like Morris and Jacbs at Wolves could easily grab two 5-1's in the reserve races and both get third places in their other two rides. Thats 14 points from a pair of reserves without beating a top 5 rider !!

So while I'm not convinced yet, I'm going for Poole, Belle Vue and Kings Lynn the most likely to reach the play offs with possibly Wolves grabbing the other place thanks to a strong reserve pairing, the World Champion and Pawlicki doing what he does in Sweden and Poland in winning races against top riders.

Now that line ups are complete i can make my predictions for this season -

1. KINGS LYNN - The best top 2 in the league with ease, they would become vulnerable if one of them gets injured tho. Schlein as 3rd heat leader has less pressure on his shoulders so i can see him adding to his average too. Porsing clearly has decent talent although cant say we saw that much of it last season. The bottom 3 are 3 of the most promising young riders in British Speedway right now and it is my belief that is where they will make all the difference. Lambert no doubt will take many a scalp at home to make it a fortress for the Stars.

2. COVENTRY - Look to be a solid team with some on potentially false averages. Clearly they have the best reserve, so long as Garrity stays fit i can see 8-10 points per meeting for him. Hans is a proven number one whilst Harris SHOULD make a good point or 2 increase on that starting average. Hansen for me will be the key as in a 3rd heat leader role wont have many easy rides but i can see why some see him on a bargain average. Fisher will do what Fisher does, dependable whilst Howarth can certainly add a point or 2 to that starting average. With a strong senior reserve anything Sarjeant scores will be a nice bonus.

3. LAKESIDE - A solid top 2. Bridger needs to up his game as 3rd heat leader but he is in the same position as quite a few 3rd heat leaders, his performances will tun meetings into wins or losses. Bech in this watered down EL could easily reach 7-8 point average and that is going to make the Hammers serious contenders. I like Lawson and with races against reserves should be looking at 6-7 points minimum a meeting. Both Lakeside reserves look useful , particularly Ellis.

4. POOLE - I can see Ward as top EL rider this year if he puts his undoubted talent to serious use. Could indeed be a huge year for him. Poole will certainly need him consistently banging in the points as both Poles can be up and down on British tracks. Huge responsibilities on their shoulders. Milik is obviously a huge talent on a false average (IMHO) so Poole have pulled a blinder with him. obviously this will all depend on how quickly he settles to British racing but potentially a 6-7 point rider in waiting.Whether Grajczonek can continue his free scoring in the main team remains to be seen but he is another rider that should be looking at 6-7 points a minimum target per match. Poole obviously have probably the best EL reserve (on previous seasons) in Newman whilst it looks clear to anyone that Smart is making up the numbers and will be replaced as soon as.

5. BELLE VUE - For me the strongest top 4 in the EL. It is just the bottom 3 that looks perhaps the weakest. Why they went for Palm Toft over Birks i just cannot understand. Zagar was class last season. I expect the same again this season. Cook and Nicholls both solid and have capabilities to push their averages a bit. Worrall i can see achieving 7-8 point average. I doubt Palm Toft will see out the season. Nielsen certainly has the beating of some of his fellow reserves.

6. WOLVES - Gonna be a big ask to start the season in the kind of form we did last season and i certainly see this as a year of building to peak later in the year. Whether Piotr is correctly assessed or not remains to be seen that said that was his form for Poole so he is capable of it. A huge ask as a 2nd heat leader but racing the Wolves track has helped the likes of PK, Woffy, Freddie to become much better all round riders so he is doing the right thing career wise. Ty as 3rd heat leader will have also huge pressure especially given Piotr may need time to settle to Monmore but his form of nearly 9 in the EL last year proves he is more than capable. Ricky Wells too needs to push on his career and for me will be the biggest key to our success this season. Jacob Thorssell will do well to add anything to his average after spending all year in reserve last year. I think both our reserves , as a pair, are the strongest top 2 and will make a big difference whilst riders in the main team settle. Ranked bottom by many again no doubt but lets not mention 2013 that 99% got wrong :t: .

7. SWINDON - Kildermand should step effortlessly into the number one jacket as he is now a proven EL performer. Batchelor needs a big year if Swindon are to make the Play Offs IMHO. Morris is still on the upward curve of his career and no doubt will add to his starting average. Gustafsson is the key rider to me. Seems to have stalled for a couple of seasons now. If the move works for him i can see the Robins pushing for a top 4 place. Klindt? What can be expected of the enigma. His last best form was for the Robins but i wish our Wolves asset well. The reserves look pretty weak but the reserve races will be a leveler at least.

8. EASTBOURNE - Solid enough with a key star in the making in Michelsen. I actually was unsure where to put the Eagles as to me they have the most `dark horse` look about them. Pedersen and Kylmakorpi are strong enough but are likely to have the odd off meeting and much depends on Nilsson coming back from fitness. There reserves should be strong at home and can see Arlington being a tough place for teams to visit.

9. BIRMINGHAM - No proven top man King really needs a huge year. Be great for GB if he does.Unfortunately the remaining top 5 are prone to up and down scores so i can see the Brummies getting some real pastings home and away but also pull some big results out the bag if the top 5 all click at once. The reserves look OK and should be able to pull in some decent points from both riders.

10. LEICESTER - Lets face it..... it could have been so much worse if they had KK as there number one! Looks like a baptism of EL fire for the Lions. Doyle is a decent number one and at least proved his point at Brum by taking the Number one race jacket. Mads is always capable of pulling in some big nights whilst i wonder which Paddy it will be - the one who looked like a NL rider in the first part of last year or the one on fire at the end. Key rider for the Lions IMHO. Stead should help add some consistent lower end scoring in the new race format whilst on paper the reserves look very weak.

Stevebrum`s predictions - over and out. :t:

Edited to include Eastbourne, how could i!

Edited by stevebrum

Oh my god Brum how dare you put Poole in 4th! Anti Poole that's what you are jealous of their success so you hope they fail!

• Like 1

Oh my god Brum how dare you put Poole in 4th! Anti Poole that's what you are jealous of their success so you hope they fail!

he's not very good at it, there's 10 teams in the elite for starters and the 1 team he's missed off look certain for the play- offs with there home track advantage

Belle Vue couldn't sign Birks without releasing Cook or Worrall due to the doubling up rules.

Now that line ups are complete i can make my predictions for this season -

1. KINGS LYNN - The best top 2 in the league with ease, they would become vulnerable if one of them gets injured tho. Schlein as 3rd heat leader has less pressure on his shoulders so i can see him adding to his average too. Porsing clearly has decent talent although cant say we saw that much of it last season. The bottom 3 are 3 of the most promising young riders in British Speedway right now and it is my belief that is where they will make all the difference. Lambert no doubt will take many a scalp at home to make it a fortress for the Stars.

2. COVENTRY - Look to be a solid team with some on potentially false averages. Clearly they have the best reserve, so long as Garrity stays fit i can see 8-10 points per meeting for him. Hans is a proven number one whilst Harris SHOULD make a good point or 2 increase on that starting average. Hansen for me will be the key as in a 3rd heat leader role wont have many easy rides but i can see why some see him on a bargain average. Fisher will do what Fisher does, dependable whilst Howarth can certainly add a point or 2 to that starting average. With a strong senior reserve anything Sarjeant scores will be a nice bonus.

3. LAKESIDE - A solid top 2. Bridger needs to up his game as 3rd heat leader but he is in the same position as quite a few 3rd heat leaders, his performances will tun meetings into wins or losses. Bech in this watered down EL could easily reach 7-8 point average and that is going to make the Hammers serious contenders. I like Lawson and with races against reserves should be looking at 6-7 points minimum a meeting. Both Lakeside reserves look useful , particularly Ellis.

4. POOLE - I can see Ward as top EL rider this year if he puts his undoubted talent to serious use. Could indeed be a huge year for him. Poole will certainly need him consistently banging in the points as both Poles can be up and down on British tracks. Huge responsibilities on their shoulders. Milik is obviously a huge talent on a false average (IMHO) so Poole have pulled a blinder with him. obviously this will all depend on how quickly he settles to British racing but potentially a 6-7 point rider in waiting.Whether Grajczonek can continue his free scoring in the main team remains to be seen but he is another rider that should be looking at 6-7 points a minimum target per match. Poole obviously have probably the best EL reserve (on previous seasons) in Newman whilst it looks clear to anyone that Smart is making up the numbers and will be replaced as soon as.

5. BELLE VUE - For me the strongest top 4 in the EL. It is just the bottom 3 that looks perhaps the weakest. Why they went for Palm Toft over Birks i just cannot understand. Zagar was class last season. I expect the same again this season. Cook and Nicholls both solid and have capabilities to push their averages a bit. Worrall i can see achieving 7-8 point average. I doubt Palm Toft will see out the season. Nielsen certainly has the beating of some of his fellow reserves.

6. WOLVES - Gonna be a big ask to start the season in the kind of form we did last season and i certainly see this as a year of building to peak later in the year. Whether Piotr is correctly assessed or not remains to be seen that said that was his form for Poole so he is capable of it. A huge ask as a 2nd heat leader but racing the Wolves track has helped the likes of PK, Woffy, Freddie to become much better all round riders so he is doing the right thing career wise. Ty as 3rd heat leader will have also huge pressure especially given Piotr may need time to settle to Monmore but his form of nearly 9 in the EL last year proves he is more than capable. Ricky Wells too needs to push on his career and for me will be the biggest key to our success this season. Jacob Thorssell will do well to add anything to his average after spending all year in reserve last year. I think both our reserves , as a pair, are the strongest top 2 and will make a big difference whilst riders in the main team settle. Ranked bottom by many again no doubt but lets not mention 2013 that 99% got wrong :t: .

7. SWINDON - Kildermand should step effortlessly into the number one jacket as he is now a proven EL performer. Batchelor needs a big year if Swindon are to make the Play Offs IMHO. Morris is still on the upward curve of his career and no doubt will add to his starting average. Gustafsson is the key rider to me. Seems to have stalled for a couple of seasons now. If the move works for him i can see the Robins pushing for a top 4 place. Klindt? What can be expected of the enigma. His last best form was for the Robins but i wish our Wolves asset well. The reserves look pretty weak but the reserve races will be a leveler at least.

8. BIRMINGHAM - No proven top man King really needs a huge year. Be great for GB if he does.Unfortunately the remaining top 5 are prone to up and down scores so i can see the Brummies getting some real pastings home and away but also pull some big results out the bag if the top 5 all click at once. The reserves look OK and should be able to pull in some decent points from both riders.

9. LEICESTER - Lets face it..... it could have been so much worse if they had KK as there number one! Looks like a baptism of EL fire for the Lions. Doyle is a decent number one and at least proved his point at Brum by taking the Number one race jacket. Mads is always capable of pulling in some big nights whilst i wonder which Paddy it will be - the one who looked like a NL rider in the first part of last year or the one on fire at the end. Key rider for the Lions IMHO. Stead should help add some consistent lower end scoring in the new race format whilst on paper the reserves look very weak.

Stevebrum`s predictions - over and out. :t:

So out in fact that the Oracle known as Stevebrum - actually didn't include Eastbourne :rofl:

Thanks and fair play though Steve for including Poole.......Even if it was through gritted teeth :D

• Like 2

Now that line ups are complete i can make my predictions for this season - Stevebrum`s predictions - over and out. :t:

The plonker has forgotten the Budgies, who are probably capable of a playoff place!

No doubt he will say he typed it but it mysteriously disappeared when he pressed the post button!

And when he corrects it he will probably demote Poole to fifth!

Only seven spots left to fill so here goes:

Top four in no particular order will IMO be

Swindon

Belle Vue

Lynn

Poole

and after that in order

Coventry

Eastbourne

Lakeside

Wolves

Brum

Leicester

I'll swap Coventry with Swindon and go with that I think.

• Like 1