Eastbourne

Coventry

Swindon

Belle Vue

Lakeside

Wolverhampton

Leicester

Birmingham

Look at the averages of Harris , Howarth, Hansen & Fisher & I can't see that much of an improvement in any of them so they are solely relying on Garrity scoring well at reserve.

I just don't see it with the top 5 at all.

No improvement in Howarth? A 4pt man who was averaging 6 in the 2nd half of last season. Still young also, tonnes of improvement to come. The rest I can see your point but I think Harris will have an improved season.

So much depends (As always) on injuries. Given the length of the asset list, and the shekels of Lord Fraud, I think that Poole have the clout (And the deviousness ) to cover most eventualities.

Poole

Kings Lynn

Coventry

Eastbourne

Lakeside

Belle Vue

Swindon

Wolverhampton

Birmingham

Leicester

Good luck to all the clubs, and riders in 2014.

• Like 1

King's Lynn

Swindon

Poole

Belle Vue

Coventry

Lakeside

Eastbourne

Leicester

Wolves

Birmingham

No improvement in Howarth? A 4pt man who was averaging 6 in the 2nd half of last season. Still young also, tonnes of improvement to come. The rest I can see your point but I think Harris will have an improved season.

You might be right on that one but will he average 6 when not at reserve?.

I hope he does as he did a great job for The Robins last season.

Wolves 3rd and Coventry 9th - really? You may end up being right, but I think the majority think that Coventry will be at the upper end and Wolves in the middle. I'm also not so sure about Eastbourne making the play-offs but a few people have them down for that due to their home track advantage.

Steve, Bomber might be on a 'bargain' 6.82 but under the format will he improve on it? Got to be doubtful IMO. I worry about Garrity hurting himself again with his riding style. 2 reasons behind the Eastbourne thing. One you mention, the other being Michelsen. If the short time he had over here last year is anything to go by he'll make a mockery of 5.00, especially as he starts as a 2nd string. As for Wolves, I'm expecting us to begin slowly but improve as season progresses unless Pawlicki gets hissed off with it in which case you will be the one who was right :D

Steve, Bomber might be on a 'bargain' 6.82 but under the format will he improve on it? Got to be doubtful IMO. I worry about Garrity hurting himself again with his riding style. 2 reasons behind the Eastbourne thing. One you mention, the other being Michelsen. If the short time he had over here last year is anything to go by he'll make a mockery of 5.00, especially as he starts as a 2nd string. As for Wolves, I'm expecting us to begin slowly but improve as season progresses unless Pawlicki gets hissed off with it in which case you will be the one who was right :D

Every winter people used to say Travis McGowan was on a bargain average but he never used to improve & I can't see Bomber improving his that much with the new format.

You might be right on that one but will he average 6 when not at reserve?.

I hope he does as he did a great job for The Robins last season.

If Howarth is struggling a few weeks in then one of Roynon or Auty can be brought in.

I see, most people seem to except Lynn will be in the forefront of the league this year, and admit, the thought does please me. But, probably, this year, with the new format I believe it will be far closer the most seem to think.

We at Lynn have 3 strong Heat leaders at the expense of the 2nd strings.This could benefit the team big time, but these 3 riders wont win matches on their own and the others will be expected to win a few points as well. We have decent draft riders, who should more than hold their own and 2 second strings who will no doubt improve. I expect their scores at home will be more effective than those from away. But their are a lot of variables to consider and youngsters coming good before I believe Lynn to be certain Elite league contenders.

The main aim is to finish in the top four. Once that has been achieved then the world is your oyster. To me Poole look the obvious choice, but not so certain as in other years. Coventry, Belle Vue, Swindon, Wolves can all win regularly and must have thought about finishing high enough.

Only a fool would write off Lakeside and Eastbourne with their impressive home forms. I appreciate they appear to have a massive advantage at home but they are also capable of winning away. This I believe will always put them in the mix.

That only leaves Birmingham and Leicester. Birmingham performed really well last year and surprised many with their fighting spirit. On paper they don't look that strong. but if they can win some of their early fixtures and put some points on the board then who knows what could happen.

New-comers, Leicester will find the going tough coming up from the Premier. They will find out, there isn't any easy matches in this league. If they can perform regularly at home that will ensure enough points not to be disgraced....and that must be their first goal....

No I think we could have a close, and wonderful year of racing, with many teams in the mix for the play-offs. I don't think the Stars will hit the floor running, but I feel we have enough potential to be up there, when it mattered.

The only problem I see, is that there are a lot of teams that could be like that..........

Edited by GRW123

I think Lambert and Porsing will probably struggle a little early on, particularly away from home. I see then improving greatly as the season goes on though, and they will hopefully peak for the Play Offs.

Now I have a more understanding of the format my prediction hasn't changed that much.

A lot of teams are riding on one particular rider in their line up and if they get injured their seasons will be completely different. A lot of pressure on the likes of Garrity, Grajczonek, Michelsen etc....

1. Kings Lynn

2. Poole

3. Coventry

4. Wolves

5. Belle Vue

6. Swindon

7. Lakeside

8. Eastbourne

9. Leicester

10. Birmingham

Between 4 and 8 could be in any order. Birmingham look atrocious.

I think Lambert and Porsing will probably struggle a little early on, particularly away from home. I see then improving greatly as the season goes on though, and they will hopefully peak for the Play Offs.

Of course the prudent - if morally suspect - thing for kl to do would be to wait until porsing has added a couple of points to his average, as he is likely to do under this format, and then aim to replace him with a "genuine" five pointer.

Same would apply to bv with palm toft and poole with milik.

I hope not, would much rather stick with the same seven all year and watch the team develop. Nothing announced yet but I'd be astounded if some kind of weighting isn't applied to second string's averages to reflect their easier heats this year and stop them being replaced by ringers.

• Like 1