British Speedway Forum
moxey63

Peter Collins In The Star

Have to agree with you PC's opinions exactly match mine as well......Well said PC.

I have often been regarded as a dinosaur, a misery guts, a speedway-caller-of-names, but after reading Peter Collins’ article in the current Speedway Star, I am not alone in my honest views of the sport, which we all love.

The Master of Belle Vue’s Past has opinions that mostly echo mine – he thinks the Play-Offs have been detrimental to the British season, although admits they have been a success. He says (and I agree) that most league meetings are of no importance and that teams can fine-tune for the October PO showdown.

He believes also that the Play Offs have shoved the KO Cup onto the backburner and dwarfed it in importance, that the Golden Double and Joker rules are pathetic for serious speedway connoisseurs (like me and PC), and that the four, three, two and one match points for a team winning depending on how big of a win it attains is also debatable.

Another one of his gripes, races being called back for false starts/riders jumping the start. PC (and again I agree) says if a riders makes the starts (long as he doesn’t touch the tapes), then it is anticipation and not a jump-start. I have seen Stuart Robson punished several times on SKY for anticipating the start, the race being re-run despite Robson not doing anything other than having quick reflexes at that perfect time.

Happy Christmas PC… and Best Wishes for 2014.

Least I can sleep now knowing I’m not talking tosh, and somebody agrees with my views.

What better man to have agreeing with old moxey63

What a GREAT Thread.

Nice to know that someone who really knows Speedway through and through, largely has the same opinions as myself. :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

I feel vindicated. :t:

• Like 2

good article I'm in agreement with him,just a pity that the sport suffers from Promoters who's main concern is self interest .

• Like 3

No doubt he was a great,great rider.That doesn't automatically mean he would be a great promoter or administrator and know what is best for the sport nowadays.Like most of us though i am sure he just wants the best for speedway and for it to be the success it used to be in his heyday.

I just hope speedway and PC's(at least the last i heard he wasn't in the best of health...) health improves next year.

Old Man In "I Prefer Old Speedway" Shocker

Edited by MattK
  • Like 5

I agree with every word in the article, it should be compulsory reading for every Promoter, in fact dump the BSPA and put Peter in charge.

• Like 2

I think you meant to say Speedway legend, who has forgotten more about speedway than you will ever know, knows what he's talking about shocker!

I wonder if he pays to get in to speedway meetings?

• Like 1

I wonder if he pays to get in to speedway meetings?

And what the HELL has that to do with anything? :mad: :mad: :mad:

The man is a LEGEND - NOTHING more to say.

What makes PC any better at knowing what is good for speedway than anyone else? Yes he could ride a bike but that doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about.

He's right about jumping the start though.

What makes PC any better at knowing what is good for speedway than anyone else? Yes he could ride a bike but that doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about.

He's right about jumping the start though.

Mauger would never been World Champ if every good start he made was called back.

And what the HELL has that to do with anything? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Because if Peter Collins stops going to speedway, it would make no difference what so ever. However, if I stopped going to speedway, a club would be making £17 less every week.

• Like 4

agree with most of what pc says especially about the starts if a rider gets a great start with out touching the tapes and has been stationary at the start fair play to him, next thing they will do is pull it back because someone didn't start as well as the rest