British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Hopes For Our Sport For 2014

A phone call from at least one potential sponsor !

A phone call from at least one potential sponsor !

Stop moaning, and go and find them... They won't come to you..

Would like to see Lambert, Ellis, push on with a few others in the mix like Kerr (ect) i hope they do and get the support they deserve.

Stop moaning, and go and find them... They won't come to you..

Wow. Those 100+ letters , phone calls , emails and discussions must have been a figment of my imagination.

Tell me, what's it like to be perfect ?

• Like 2

Wow. Those 100+ letters , phone calls , emails and discussions must have been a figment of my imagination.

You're getting it all wrong. Just say you're from Poole speedway, they have all the best sponsors who are quite literally falling over themselves to throw money at the club. At least that's what a couple of posters on here are always telling us.

• Like 1

Perhaps you need to cut down a few more Tree's, and buy an Umbrella... ;)

You're getting it all wrong. Just say you're from Poole speedway, they have all the best sponsors who are quite literally falling over themselves to throw money at the club. At least that's what a couple of posters on here are always telling us.

Quite right, in one of the most attractive places in Britain and it is a wonderful area.But what are they're real competition?Poole FC ( doing well) and Bournemouth Fc that's it i would be worried if they can't attract support.I am not Knocking Ford as he is one hell of a promoter but if we are honest Ford only worries about himself. And not the overall picture of British speedway a win at ALL COSTS mentality nothing else matters.
  • Like 1

Quite right, in one of the most attractive places in Britain and it is a wonderful area.But what are they're real competition?Poole FC ( doing well) and Bournemouth Fc that's it i would be worried if they can't attract support.I am not Knocking Ford as he is one hell of a promoter but if we are honest Ford only worries about himself. And not the overall picture of British speedway a win at ALL COSTS mentality nothing else matters.

Im sorry to dissapoint you Sidney. But Matt is also a speedway fan. And the gauling thing is, he goes find the sponsorship, he doesn't sit on his backside waiting for the phone to ring, and he looks after his sponsors very well, He also signs good riders, and finds good riders, we also have a very well run club, from the bottom to the top, that does help.. But he is also ruthless. He's a very good businessman and promoter.. We also have a very good Team Manager, who is highly respected by many riders.

• Like 2

Im sorry to dissapoint you Sidney. But Matt is also a speedway fan. And the gauling thing is, he goes find the sponsorship, he doesn't sit on his backside waiting for the phone to ring, and he looks after his sponsors very well, He also signs good riders, and finds good riders, we also have a very well run club, from the bottom to the top, that does help.. But he is also ruthless. He's a very good businessman and promoter.. We also have a very good Team Manager, who is highly respected by many riders.

Yes but it helps the SPORT as a whole if they're is healthy competition and playing FAIR by the book not always trying to skank an advantage.I have nothing against Poole a really great club great history but they're are a few on here who could name many dubious incidents that Poole have been involved with over the Ford era.
  • Like 2

puzzled by the people constantly knocking poole..a promoter with a winning mentality? yes pls everyday of the week

• Like 3

puzzled by the people constantly knocking poole..a promoter with a winning mentality? yes pls everyday of the week

Winning the right way is the key.!
  • Like 1

I am no ford fan, I just admire what he has achieved..who wudda brought greg hancock in with the wage he

clearly commands..what promoters would of taken that gamble?

winning equals sponsorship---larger crowds---more sky air time.---.trophies----atmosphere in stadium---bigger crowd attendance to any track they visit----which mean bigger income for YOUR club

• Like 1

We also have a very good Team Manager, who is highly respected by many riders.

So Muddlo is not TM anymore then ?

:approve::approve:

• Like 2

I'm on the point of giving up with you lot on here! :rolleyes: I pose a question that I hoped would provoke some interest at the start of a new year and it sure did by soon developing, as I might have anticipated I suppose, into yet another would-be battle between those intent on slagging Poole off versus those determined to defend Poole to the hilt, both sets effectively saying "blow everything and everyone else!" :angry:

• Like 2