British Speedway Forum

Careful AC - that smacks of common sense.

Good Post.

The Australian Speedway Board should be investigating the process and advising the riders. They are the rules of entry to the UK and shouldn't be an overhead to the BSPA. Obviously if individual clubs choose to invest in the process that's fine; but as a collective (i.e all Australian riders) then their own board should be making sure their riders understand the process.

• Like 4

It might have been asked on here before, but do they have to have the same Visa to ride in Poland, Denmark, Sweden or any other members of the EU?

It might have been asked on here before, but do they have to have the same Visa to ride in Poland, Denmark, Sweden or any other members of the EU?

As far as i know, yes.

I doubt it. They will all have different rules for current & ex colonies/protectorates etc...They will also have different skill shortages. I doubt a UK visa would give them rights to work in the other countries or vice verse with exception of countries in the Schengen agreement, of which the UK is not.

As far as i know, yes.

Well you'd be wrong then. Thats a shock.

The Australian Speedway Board should be investigating the process and advising the riders. They are the rules of entry to the UK and shouldn't be an overhead to the BSPA. Obviously if individual clubs choose to invest in the process that's fine; but as a collective (i.e all Australian riders) then their own board should be making sure their riders understand the process.

It might be hard to believe to the British members of this forum but, as far as I'm aware, Motorcycling Australia regard speedway with even less enthusiasm (compared to road/circuit racing) than seems to be the case with the Auto Cycle Union's almost non-existent attitude to British speedway ... hence why I included someone like Mark Lemon as an Australian speedway figurehead in my earlier post rather than including Motorcycling Australia.

The Aussies are making it harder for us to go and work there so why shouldnt we do the same. This covers all trades and not just speedway.

• Like 2

Aussie Team manager Mark Lemon has tweeted' more doom and gloom on the visa issue' today!!! I wonder who that affects now??!

Aussie Team manager Mark Lemon has tweeted' more doom and gloom on the visa issue' today!!! I wonder who that affects now??!

Sounds maybe like Mr Doyle? To be honest UKBA need to take long hard look at things Why stop our colonial cousins from coming and working here when any tom dick or harry from some obscure EU country seems to walk in?

• Like 1

Sounds maybe like Mr Doyle? To be honest UKBA need to take long hard look at things Why stop our colonial cousins from coming and working here when any tom dick or harry from some obscure EU country seems to walk in?

Especially when we sent some of their forefathers to Australia in the first place.

• Like 1

I'm surprised the Australian authorities or the riders themselves don't hire an immigration attorney to handle all the applications centrally.

• Like 1

Because thee Politicians prefer 'Pickpockets' or 'Scratters' to come from the bl**dy European Union rather than Speedway Riders - that's why. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Like 1

Certainly seems they have their priorities wrong.I mean what does the country need more,thousands of poorly paid workers to do jobs not many others want to do......or a few Australian speedway riders?crazy eh!!!!

Because thee Politicians prefer 'Pickpockets' or 'Scratters' to come from the bl**dy European Union rather than Speedway Riders - that's why. :mad: :mad: :mad:

There are a few Speedway Riders who have 'picked my pocket' over the years!!! :D

• Like 1

so scotland are trying to move away from the uk and become its own country. will riders have to apply for a work permit(visa) to work in scotland and will the scottish riders have to apply for a work permit to ride in the uk. and have passports to present to the border agencies ..will the fans on both sides of the wall have to have passports, as if they were travelling abroad.

sorry if its been posted befoe, but c.b.a. to look it up...