British Speedway Forum

What do you expect, Australia & New Zealand fought by the side of GB in World War 2. While Bulgaria & Romania fought with the Germans.

So that's the criteria for granting a work permit....they were on "our side" in WW2!!!!

So that means we should welcome with open arms anyone who was a former ally. Poles,Lithuanians, Russians, Macedonians, Indians, South Africans et all..

This xenophobia is a rum cove!!!!

• Like 1

What do you expect, Australia & New Zealand fought by the side of GB in World War 2. While Bulgaria & Romania fought with the Germans.

Should we kick all Scots out of England too? After all they weren't on our side at Flodden.

• Like 1

Should we kick all Scots out of England too? After all they weren't on our side at Flodden.

No they weren't AT fLODDEN fIELD.

BUT crucially the Scottish Regiments have won one hell of a lot of Battles for the 'Island of the Mighty' since Culloden.

Oh! and there were Scots fighting for 'Butcher' Cumberland at Culloden too.

The British Empire would not have been so Great had it not been for it's Scottish Regiments.

NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT!!!

No they weren't AT Flodden Field

BUT crucially the Scottish Regiments have won one hell of a lot of Battles for the 'Island of the Mighty' since Culloden.

Exactly.

The Scots, Bulgarians and Romanians may not have always been on our side in the past, but they're our European partners now.

Exactly.

The Scots, Bulgarians and Romanians may not have always been on our side in the past, but they're our European partners now.

Nominally anyway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :sad: :sad:

So that's the criteria for granting a work permit....they were on "our side" in WW2!!!!

So that means we should welcome with open arms anyone who was a former ally. Poles,Lithuanians, Russians, Macedonians, Indians, South Africans et all..

This xenophobia is a rum cove!!!!

It wasn’t meant to be taken seriously.

The Romanians were on our side in WWI, but I don't think the Scots are on our side these days are they...? :P

It seems that this year the poor Ausies are having a rough time with the authorities who issue the visa's is this some sort of racial hate campain against them. I can't axctually see one of the aussie lads when the season ends, dissapearing and going to work at some seaside, surf boarding shop. When all it would mean that he would be an illeagal imigrant and he would never ride speeway in this country again.

What a shame, don't actually know how many have been refused so far as I have only seen a couple so far.

How this is going to affect this years teams I don't know. What with the Poles saying the riders in thier teams can't race on a Saturday, in case it affects thier team on a Sunday. With a few of them not bothering to come over here at all.

Maybe the BPSA didn't have to put 2 riders in as reserve riders, because teams will be using more riders from the young Brithish riders next year if things carry on the way they are going.

You may just as well put a block on all foriegn riders and just make British speedway, what it says all the leagues made up of British riders. Then the S++t will really hit the fan.

Aussie Team Manager Mark Lemon has said on facebook today that theres more bad news to come!!

So far as I know at the moment it's Rye House's Tyson Nelson, Plymouths Alex Davies and Somerset's Jason Doyle, can't understand how some, like ex Somerset and now Worky rider Josh G and others are Ok.

So far as I know at the moment it's Rye House's Tyson Nelson, Plymouths Alex Davies and Somerset's Jason Doyle, can't understand how some, like ex Somerset and now Worky rider Josh G and others are Ok.

Simple they applied for their permit before they left the UK as per the new instructions set out by the UK/AUS authorities.

• Like 1

Len Silver's press release said it all. "We thought it was a rubber stamp exercise" applying for a legal document such as a visa should never be taken for granted.

• Like 1

It wasn’t meant to be taken seriously.

As indeed was my reply.

Sadly judging by the comments of some of the sad xenophobic Little Englanders, they appear to take themselves all too seriously!!!!

• Like 2