British Speedway Forum

So far as I know at the moment it's Rye House's Tyson Nelson, Plymouths Alex Davies and Somerset's Jason Doyle, can't understand how some, like ex Somerset and now Worky rider Josh G and others are Ok.

Add to this list Ryan Douglas, Joey Ringwood.

Add to this list Ryan Douglas, Joey Ringwood.

A couple of sub 5 pointers? Ah well, shame. Maybe a couple of Brits may get a job now.

Interesting points raised in the interview in the SS with Alex Harkess this week.

- After last years probs with Masters and Campton, all clubs were advised to ensure riders renew their visas before going home. We told everyone a year ago , don't let them go home until they've renewed their visa. Unfortunately, some people didn't listen. The situation they find themselves in is self inflicted in every case.

- If you are refused a tier-two visa, you can't the apply for a tier-five visa.

- Tier-five visas are for temporary situations like one off events or tournaments.

- For the last year, we have totally aware of what the legislation is, and what you have got to do. Every club was told what they had to do several times and, unfortunately, we are in this position because they didn't do it.

- He said that Doyle, if he was intending to be riding over here for the next two or three years, should have gone for a longer visa, This was all avoidable.

- He intends to take up speedway's visa crisis with the sports parliamentary group in the hope of meeting the UKBA to thrash out some more workable rules for riders.

- We are going to ask if the UKBA can look at us and give us legislation to suit our sport.

• Like 3

I totally support the Speedway Group of MPs. This gives them an unprecedented opportunity to do something really beneficial to our Sport. :t::approve: :approve:

Let's hope that they take up the Challenge. :unsure: :unsure:

I totally support the Speedway Group of MPs. This gives them an unprecedented opportunity to do something really beneficial to our Sport. :t::approve: :approve:

Let's hope that they take up the Challenge. :unsure: :unsure:

Fully agree, but if they are going to try to do something for this season, they are going to have to pull their fingers out. Knowing how gov departments work they have not got a cat in hells chance.

Lets hope they can do something for the end of 2014 so that this problem does not repeat it self in 2015.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Interesting points raised in the interview in the SS with Alex Harkess this week.

- After last years probs with Masters and Campton, all clubs were advised to ensure riders renew their visas before going home. We told everyone a year ago , don't let them go home until they've renewed their visa. Unfortunately, some people didn't listen. The situation they find themselves in is self inflicted in every case.

- If you are refused a tier-two visa, you can't the apply for a tier-five visa.

- Tier-five visas are for temporary situations like one off events or tournaments.

- For the last year, we have totally aware of what the legislation is, and what you have got to do. Every club was told what they had to do several times and, unfortunately, we are in this position because they didn't do it.

- He said that Doyle, if he was intending to be riding over here for the next two or three years, should have gone for a longer visa, This was all avoidable.

- He intends to take up speedway's visa crisis with the sports parliamentary group in the hope of meeting the UKBA to thrash out some more workable rules for riders.

- We are going to ask if the UKBA can look at us and give us legislation to suit our sport.

I suggest that the honourable gentleman goes away and does his homework properly and them come back and tell us why a Tier 5 is actually being refused as what he has spouted off in the Star is not true. There is no reason why a Tier 5 cannot apply other than the BSPA won't allow it.

• Like 1

I suggest that the honourable gentleman goes away and does his homework properly and them come back and tell us why a Tier 5 is actually being refused as what he has spouted off in the Star is not true. There is no reason why a Tier 5 cannot apply other than the BSPA won't allow it.

I can agree with that, but I think clubs, riders and promoters have a case to answer if the rest is true.

Easliy sorted out on here by posters saying change the revision date to nearer the season start date , and the longer term visas. That is the responsibilty of a rider.

So riders/ clubs were made aware of the situation during the year but for whatever reason didn't take notice. Oh well unlucky then. Whichever riders are effected you only have yourselves to blame!

• Like 2

So riders/ clubs were made aware of the situation during the year but for whatever reason didn't take notice. Oh well unlucky then. Whichever riders are effected you only have yourselves to blame!

I take your point but at the end of the day there is only one sticking point to not allowing a Tier 5 application and that is the BSPA all they have to do is say yes. Doyle and Davies are riders that bring something to the table, they are not 3pt chancers. So I ask again what is the reason for turning them down on a, perfectly acceptable to the border agency, Tier 5?

I'm starting to think there's some self interest operating on the management committee, heaven forbid!

• Like 2

I take your point but at the end of the day there is only one sticking point to not allowing a Tier 5 application and that is the BSPA all they have to do is say yes. Doyle and Davies are riders that bring something to the table, they are not 3pt chancers. So I ask again what is the reason for turning them down on a, perfectly acceptable to the border agency, Tier 5?

I'm starting to think there's some self interest operating on the management committee, heaven forbid!

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Lol, really

I am not really into conspiracy theories.

The clue you might look for it is the third item, and the advice that they were given.

Just pop into Barclays Bank, you can get Visa no problem.

Is that not Advertising? :o:blink:;):rofl:

Just pop into Barclays Bank, you can get Visa no problem.

And if all else fails anyone can signed Czechs these days :o